Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:49 AM
Default Mummy/Simbot/Plumbot babies?
Hey all!
Forgive me if a thread like this has already been started and feel free to direct me to the right place if it has.
I've been wanting to start a legacy for each life state and I do have several Nraas mods, including MasterController and Hybrid.
I was wondering if anyone has used MC to create/breed mummy, simbot, and/or plumbot babies and what your results were? Or if it is even possible to do this? Pics would be appreciated also. Thanks!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 8:07 AM
While I didn't try with MasterController/Hybrid I had a mummy baby once because of an oversight in AwesomeMod's story mode back then. It was not good that this happened and the save went downhill quite fast. Mummies have no outfits for the age stages before young adulthood, so the toddler looked like a compressed adult. In addition there are no real aging rules for mummy babies, toddlers, children and teens, and as I am playing on epic this meant that the infant stage would have lasted for 1024 days (That's the full length for a mummy adult). Removing the occult state produced an error, aging up produced errors and in the end I had to delete the child. The save became FUBAR several weeks later nevertheless, although I can't say for sure that this was the reason.
I also seem to remember that for this very reason simbots and mummies are excluded from pregnancy scenarios in both Woohooer and StoryProgression.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 6:54 PM
Thank you very much, Babele! That's what I suspected would happen. Guess I'll just have to stick with the EA way of having mummies/simbots/plumbots in-game. Bummer, 'cause I would have loved to be able to create legacies for those three life states! Oh well.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Site Helper
#4 Old 1st May 2014 at 3:16 PM
You could always run a legacy anyway, and just have a "family curse" that causes the sims to be changed into the appropriate life state sometime after becoming a young adult. There is a short window of opportunity to produce the next generation before the curse strikes, but they need to act fast. (And maybe a family legend that one of their children will break the curse for themselves and all family members who are still living, to keep them interested in having children in the face of the curse.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2014 at 6:42 PM
That is a very good idea, Ghost! I may use that. Thank you!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd May 2014 at 1:13 AM
Yes I have done this, using mods, though unfortunately it doesn't work so well, as the game doesn't have any Mummy/Simbot/Plumbot outfits for toddlers, kids, or teens. Without the appropriate "outfit" that makes them look like a Mummy/Simbot/Plumbot, the Sim has a placeholder charcoal black skin, because they lack skin tone data (though this can be fixed simply by editing them in CAS and selecting a skin tone from the panel).