Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:24 PM
Default Can dormies share rooms?
I built my own custom uni due to not having much space but i've made bedrooms with 2 beds but is it possible for dormies to share rooms? do you put 2 doors on each room? or can only 1 sim claim that room with the myre doors?.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:25 PM
Yes, they can. Place two doors per room, and each dormie will claim one and happily share the room.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:38 PM
I've wondered this too.
To add on, what if a dormie claims one dorm and a playable sim claims the other?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:45 PM
In fact you can put on a heap of doors and have a whole group of them share a room. They only stand in there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
In fact you can put on a heap of doors and have a whole group of them share a room. They only stand in there.

Kind of creepy.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:55 PM
Sweet! thank you do they not sleep at all? how do they get sleep? and do they change their clothes from their pjs at all?.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Kind of creepy.

Very, but useful if you are playing a legacy and want a dormie partner as this way you have lots to choose from.

Unless you put on a hack, dormies do nothing in there but stand and vanish. They show up in build and buy mode or if you open their door. In a sense they act like an object.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:08 AM
What about the sim i'm playing? can they sleep in a dorm at all?
Scholar
#9 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pygsmyemm
What about the sim i'm playing? can they sleep in a dorm at all?

Yep, as long as there's a bed.
Playable dormies are just the same as playable sims

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I've wondered this too.
To add on, what if a dormie claims one dorm and a playable sim claims the other?

If you forcibly assign a dormy to a room, they won't sleep in that room with you. In fact, as you probably know by now, Dormies don't sleep they just stand and reenergize. It's part of their BHAV in the controller. That's why when you go into buy mode you see them standing. But if you assign a key to the door while they are sleeping and enter, they leave for some reason...

I copied it from this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/download...=1&goto=newpost
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 3:00 PM
That's great I always wondered this and it's pretty helpful :D

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:02 PM
Dormies automatically have their motives frozen, which is why they can stand in their rooms doing nothing for days on end and not die or piss themselves. Pescado's nouniprotect mod removes this "protection", so dormies will be forced to tend to their needs (and humorously pass out and wet themselves and even die of starvation, if you're evil enough). "Hilarity ensues!", as Pescado says.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:45 PM
To be honest when I restarted playing The Sims 2 I created my first sim in uni and forgot lock the door. The other dormie used it and went to sleep in bed. So my sim ended up sleeping on coach first night. The last dorm I played, I was following the cow when she went into random room and went to sleep there. Dormie saw this and discovered a bed.
Next days until graduation this single dormie was really sleeping in bed, wandering at morning around with undies on until he went to class.
Just some exceptions I had.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
If you forcibly assign a dormy to a room, they won't sleep in that room with you. In fact, as you probably know by now, Dormies don't sleep they just stand and reenergize. It's part of their BHAV in the controller. That's why when you go into buy mode you see them standing. But if you assign a key to the door while they are sleeping and enter, they leave for some reason...

I copied it from this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/download...=1&goto=newpost

Oh I know all that, just... say my sim wasn't in the room, would all the objects disappear when the dormie enters? Would the dormie leave the room if my sim entered it like when you enter dormies rooms in a regular dorm? If they do leave, where would they 'reenergize' if say, my sim was constantly going in and out of the room?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:56 PM
From videos i've seen it seems what's inthe rooms disappear when sims go in because i think they may work on assignments in there too? but they go like totally blank.
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Dormies automatically have their motives frozen, which is why they can stand in their rooms doing nothing for days on end and not die or piss themselves. Pescado's nouniprotect mod removes this "protection", so dormies will be forced to tend to their needs (and humorously pass out and wet themselves and even die of starvation, if you're evil enough). "Hilarity ensues!", as Pescado says.

Truthfully I don't know why EA every programmed that in. Dormies should have to take care of themselves too, even if they are as thick as a ton of bricks.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:35 PM
You can't see into a dorm in live mode, but if you send an active sim in you can see the furnishings and anyone inside, who will be standing in the middle but will begin to interact when the active sim enters.

You can see into all the rooms when in build/buy mode. So if you're pledging a Greek from the dorm, and a Greek you need to schmooze vanishes, go into buy mode and hunt for him in the dorm rooms. He mostly likely went in and lost track of what he was doing.

You're allowed to experiment with this stuff, you know. It's more fun to try things and find them out than to ask questions. Faster, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:49 PM
I would imagine EA chose to do it that way to minimize strain on computer. Having to calculate all the Sims in the household is more work, and I imagine one of the reasons my computer handles dorms fine, but hate apartments.