Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:32 AM
Default University lag horribly ??
I have a brand new computer and have been playing the game (ultimate collection) . Recently when I play university dom, the game is lagging really horribly, rendering it unplayable, the game is fine with normal household and appartment, why is that so ?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 8:45 AM
Usually you have more stuff on a lot, when it's a dorm. The more objects (especially the high poly ones) and sims, the more strain it can give.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 10:05 AM
When you first load a dorm, the game will slow right down creating dormies to live in it. GIve it a sim day and see if it's still lagging.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimbbq
I have a brand new computer and have been playing the game (ultimate collection) . Recently when I play university dom, the game is lagging really horribly, rendering it unplayable, the game is fine with normal household and appartment, why is that so ?

Do you mean lagging, or are the characters like, jumping around/stuttering?

If the latter, that's the sign of a bugged lot or sim. Try a different lot and different sims to confirm. This is a Uni bug I get sometimes.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:34 PM
Sometimes something makes a lot run slowly, I don't know what causes it. Do you have No Sim Loaded? That helps to cut down bloat on lots.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:49 PM
Maybe there are too much sims on the lot and you computer can't handle,
also is you computer with 2 graphics cards, if so maybe the game is running on the slower/weaker card try this: http://modthesims.info/t/481768(for Nvidia)

I need a cigarette
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:10 PM
I just checked it looks like it is the initial loading of all dormies. It seems fine now after playing it for a while . Thanks