Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 12:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Buzzing auido sound on my headphones
So there is this weird bug that I think that the sims 2 is causing the game's audio is causing a really annoying buzzing sound that is highly pitched and is starting to give me a headache. I am playing on windows 8 and have the sims 2 ultimate collection, this bug is starting to annoy the hell out of me and I want to really know why this keeps happening.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 1:25 AM
Are you sure it's not just the headphones or speakers making that noise? You should first check if it happens outside the game, with music or Youtube videos, or anything else that makes sounds. It could also be the settings ingame (try to fiddle with them a little to see where the sound might be oming from), or it could be the sound settings on the computer, or wear and tear on the speakers/headphones.

I've had weird troubles with my headphones lately, but I'm not entirely sure if it's the fault of the headphones or the laptop. Possibly a mix. Buzzing and clicking sounds that come and go, the sound suddenly switching to one ear, or suddenly turning very low in volume. When the buzzing sound got really intense I thought my headphones were the cause, and borrowed some to check, and when I put back mine, the buzzing sound had completely disappeared. It's been stable for a while now, with only occasional low buzzing/clicking. No idea what's causing it. Thought it might be the drivers, but those seemed to be updated. Might be something similar to what's happening to you.

It could also be something as simple as a cellphone or something other that transmits signals that's too close to the speakers. I've had a radio cause really awful sounds with some computer speakers.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 1:38 PM
Microwaves can have that effect too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.