Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:25 PM Last edited by uec397 : 4th Jul 2015 at 9:20 PM.
Default Diving area problem
I got a copy of the sunlit tides caw files to create a legacy world for my game. Went through a lot of work getting it how I wanted it. One thing I did was to take the dive lots from paradise island and put them in my world. I was about finished and getting ready to do the hidden islands that I had created tying them all into the dive lots etc. I selected rocky reef and went into build/buy mode. The first thing I noticed was the dive buoy was slightly under water and un-selectable. I tried moving it. I deleted it and placed another only to have it slightly under water. Tried with a different dive area with the same result. The other issue that came up is that when you go to community lot type, diving area no longer shows up at all. I have no idea why. Has anyone ran into any of these issues or no of a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I reloaded the game and diving area now shows up in the select lot type now but the buoy's are still underwater.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:03 PM
I'm not sure how to fix your issue but I've read that it is difficult to transfer dive lots between worlds. Perhaps this tutorial might be helpful: http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims...ting-dive-lots/.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:40 AM
Thanks SimmyRN,

That led to my fix. I used the paradise island dive sites because I did not want to go through making my own. That led to the issue. Yes you can transfer dive lots, but my issue will apparently happen. I went to the underwater view and flattened a small spot under the buoy area. Not raised or lowered to a certain level, but just flattened. I then went back to the surface and moved the buoy to the spot I had flattened and voila. I then went back under water and smoothed the terrain. Problem solved. Thanks again.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:52 PM
Oh, good, I'm glad you solved your problem! I've always just made my own dive lots to avoid issues. But, you are right; it is a lot of work.