Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Everything in the correct place...
See attached.
  • Cache has been cleared
  • Resource.cfg has been reinstalled twice
  • Game has not been reinstalled yet
  • Other mods do not work either (Nras Decensor, etc.)
  • Help pls :(
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 7:34 PM
Could you provide some more detail so someone can help? Are you on a PC, what Patch are you using. What are you trying to do that is not working? Other than Decensor what are the other mods that are not working? Have you checked to make sure they are at the correct level for the patch you are using?
Why are you reinstalling the game? Are there problems other than Other mods do not work?
It's difficult to suggest steps to take based on your inquiry but you might want to consider doing a clean folder game rather than a reinstall. Rename your current The Sims 3 to something Like The Sims 3 Original. Then restart a new game and it will create a new The Sims 3 folder.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 7:41 PM
Do you have framework set up?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Could you provide some more detail so someone can help? Are you on a PC, what Patch are you using. What are you trying to do that is not working? Other than Decensor what are the other mods that are not working? Have you checked to make sure they are at the correct level for the patch you are using?
Why are you reinstalling the game? Are there problems other than Other mods do not work?
It's difficult to suggest steps to take based on your inquiry but you might want to consider doing a clean folder game rather than a reinstall. Rename your current The Sims 3 to something Like The Sims 3 Original. Then restart a new game and it will create a new The Sims 3 folder.

On a PC. Windows 7. Update is 1.69
See the images for the mods that I am using, and are not working.
Yes. The mods were reinstalled yesterday.
I will try the renaming procedure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Persian
Do you have framework set up?

Yes, I do. That's how I got the Mod folder, Packages folder, Override folder, and resources.cfg set up.
the resources.cfg file was reinstalled 10 minutes prior to the thread posting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 10:52 PM
@barbarat

No changes occurred.
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 2:00 AM
your game works fine other than the mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
your game works fine other than the mods?

Yep, works perfectly... Nothing else wrong with it .3. Saves load ok, no errors in the logs, etc.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 2:33 AM
Go to the actual Document path that has your username in it and check if Framework is setup there.

Libraries sometimes is linked to the "Default" or "Public", while the game is looking at your "<username>/My Documents" path
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 3:01 AM
On the launcher, on the installed content section, you don't have the "run without custom content" box ticked do you?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Go to the actual Document path that has your username in it and check if Framework is setup there.

Libraries sometimes is linked to the "Default" or "Public", while the game is looking at your "<username>/My Documents" path

There is no difference between going to Libraries -> Documents and <username> > My Documents
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 10:12 PM
On the launcher, on the installed content section, you don't have the "run without custom content" box ticked do you?

I do not.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AllyEmmi
On a PC. Windows 7. Update is 1.69
See the images for the mods that I am using, and are not working.

So it is just the no build sparkles, nointro and Decensor that is not working for you?
I do not use Decensor and suggest you direct questions for that mod over at NRaas where the mod lives.
Here are a few workarounds. These are mods I have installed in the Mods/Packages folder (I am on Patch 1.67).
Velocitygrass no mosaic
No Intro mod by Rick
NoBuildSparkles by HystericalParoxysm
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
So it is just the no build sparkles, nointro and Decensor that is not working for you?
I do not use Decensor and suggest you direct questions for that mod over at NRaas where the mod lives.
Here are a few workarounds. These are mods I have installed in the Mods/Packages folder (I am on Patch 1.67).
Velocitygrass no mosaic
No Intro mod by Rick
NoBuildSparkles by HystericalParoxysm

Ive tried a few other mods including the decensor, as well as some texture mods. The basic mods like NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles do not work either, along with any other mods that I have tried so far. I don't think it's specific mods that are the problem. I might've done something wrong, but am unable to tell what exactly.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 1:05 AM
I would check to see if the game folder that you are adding mods to is actually the live one. Look for a file in the TS3 folder called DeviceConfig.log. Does its modification date/time match the last time you started up the game? If you aren't sure, try launching the game. The modification date/time should instantly change to right then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I would check to see if the game folder that you are adding mods to is actually the live one. Look for a file in the TS3 folder called DeviceConfig.log. Does its modification date/time match the last time you started up the game? If you aren't sure, try launching the game. The modification date/time should instantly change to right then.

Found the file. I don't know how to check for the date/time match...
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been trying to correct the problem on my own, and nothing has worked.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 6:07 PM
If you aren't in Detail View where the modification date/time would show in a column, then right-click on the file and select Properties.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 1:28 AM
If you aren't in Detail View where the modification date/time would show in a column, then right-click on the file and select Properties.

The last time I opened the game was on 2/17/2016
and the date modified in the properties menu matches this.
What now?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 1:41 AM
Since this thread started, a player I was trying to help on the EA forums had exactly the same issue and none of the solutions mentioned above did a thing to make any of their package based content get recognized. Then (randomly?) they installed a new EP and everything suddenly started working.

Didn't make much sense, still doesn't. But unfortunately they were so incredibly rude about my having wasted their time with the things that didn't work, I really couldn't pry any further to find out how that could have made such a difference.

Has anyone else reading this thread ever heard of such a thing helping?
Site Helper
#20 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:15 AM
I remember a couple of times when it helped, but that was because they were adding Ambitions to a patch level that was pre 1.12.

Otherwise, I really can't understand how it might help, either. On the other hand, uninstalling and reinstalling JUST an EP (NOT the entire game, and make sure you have the disc and codes before doing even that.) might be worth a try?

(And hugs to igazor for putting up with the rudeness over on the EA forums.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#21 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:21 AM
have you tried ticking on installed content section on the launcher, start your game, exit, untick the box then try starting the game again?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:27 AM
Since this thread started, a player I was trying to help on the EA forums had exactly the same issue and none of the solutions mentioned above did a thing to make any of their package based content get recognized. Then (randomly?) they installed a new EP and everything suddenly started working.

Didn't make much sense, still doesn't. But unfortunately they were so incredibly rude about my having wasted their time with the things that didn't work, I really couldn't pry any further to find out how that could have made such a difference.

Has anyone else reading this thread ever heard of such a thing helping?

Im unsure what an EP is, but I'm sorry they were rude to you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I remember a couple of times when it helped, but that was because they were adding Ambitions to a patch level that was pre 1.12.

Otherwise, I really can't understand how it might help, either. On the other hand, uninstalling and reinstalling JUST an EP (NOT the entire game, and make sure you have the disc and codes before doing even that.) might be worth a try?

(And hugs to igazor for putting up with the rudeness over on the EA forums.)

I do not have a disc. It was digitally installed through Origins.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:29 AM Last edited by AllyEmmi : 26th Feb 2016 at 3:41 AM.
have you tried ticking on installed content section on the launcher, start your game, exit, untick the box then try starting the game again?

I don't mean to be blunt or rude, but what will starting the game without custom content accomplish?

Edit: There appears to not be any box titled "Installed Content"
If you mean the TAB, which isn't tickable, but clickable, I can go to that, which has nothing in it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:43 AM
If you mean the "run without custom content" box, that would just lead back to my original question... It's also unticked, and has been since the beginning of the thread.
Page 1 of 2