Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 5:37 PM
Default Apartments on campus
Hi everyone! I have been Googling for a few days with no luck so I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been looking for the mod that allows apartments instead of dorms on campus (more realistic if you ask me). I'm pretty sure it's from MATY but I couldn't find it and I don't want to get eaten alive over there by asking.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 5:41 PM
It's called the apthack.
There's a lot more than just that feature, one being extremely annoying.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
It's called the apthack.
There's a lot more than just that feature, one being extremely annoying.

Eek. What feature is that?
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 6:26 PM Last edited by alljoj : 27th Sep 2016 at 8:09 PM.
Basically, apartments use the same pricing system as houses, instead of just paying for the rent. Yeah, that's right. There is NO POINT in getting an apartment with apthack. I think there are some people on MTS figuring out how to remove the "feature". I believe you can build a custom apartment with the rezone cheat in universities, though.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 6:46 PM
It's my understanding that apartments won't work properly in university subhoods. I've never tried it, so I don't know what goes wrong.

There's no reason you can't build a dorm that simulates an apartment building. Instead of the dorm stove, give the space behind each dorm door a kitchenette. Make sure your playable's dorm door is locked. If you want to charge rent, make it fancy to the bills are high and call that rent; or use a financial hack to set that part up the way you want.

You can also have several playables move into a residence and call that an apartment if you like. They'll only be charged the once plus bills, but you can deal with that with financial hacks, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 7:59 PM
Well that;s really lame. I guess it's a good thing I couldn't find it myself. I'll just try to simulate one with a dorm. Thanks guys!
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 4:14 AM
I wasn't aware Apartments couldn't be used at university neighbourhoods before I saw the discussion alljoj mentioned so I fixed that for future updates to A&N. I kept a copy of the file I was working on in-case anyone wants it as a separate mod. With it installed Apartments in a university neighbourhood will be occupied by YAs from the standard townie family, students get the same rent subsidy as retired elders in A&N's retirement homes so it will cost them around 25% of the rent charged for the same apartment in any other 'hood. I'll make it available at BAS if anyone is interested.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 11:29 AM
@Chris Hatch: I was looking for a replacement for apthack. I'd be interested in the standalone mod. Thank you so much!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#9 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 2:39 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 30th Sep 2016 at 12:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I wasn't aware Apartments couldn't be used at university neighbourhoods before I saw the discussion alljoj mentioned so I fixed that for future updates to A&N. I kept a copy of the file I was working on in-case anyone wants it as a separate mod. With it installed Apartments in a university neighbourhood will be occupied by YAs from the standard townie family, students get the same rent subsidy as retired elders in A&N's retirement homes so it will cost them around 25% of the rent charged for the same apartment in any other 'hood. I'll make it available at BAS if anyone is interested.

Yes, please. :lovestruc

And thank you! Link for anyone interested: Apartments at University