Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#14451 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 6:56 AM
For the first time I paid attention to what happens when a Sim plays poker alone. She amused herself by flipping the chips around, had fun shuffling cards and dealing them, but it was obvious she knew she was playing alone. The game is so clever.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14452 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 10:55 AM
It's a shame they didn't put that much attention to detail in the subsequent installments of the sims 3, and 4

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#14453 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
That Sims can be so cruel.

I was playing earlier, and when Patricia Wan died suddenly, Jules O'Mackey cheered as everyone else sobbed. She and Patricia were enemies. All that was missing was a popup bubble with Jules' face on it saying "Good riddance. Glad you're gone." to make it even more cruel.
I wish there was button that said, "I agree with PenelopeT, but disagree very strongly with Jukes O'Mackey." That's just not acceptable behaviour Jules!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days ago I discovered that there's a park in Bluewater called Hunter's Park. "Not very remarkable," you may say, but earlier this year I created Romance Sim called Miriam Hunter, and moved her into 22 Toboggan Way with her children Candy and Hermes, and her lodger, who may become her lover, Nicholas Watson. And only today I realised that I can turn this into a story. Miriam will go to Hunter's Park with her children, and realise that Bluewater is the historic home of the Hunters. In the 18th century Hunter's Park was the park of the now long gone Bluewater House, the home of Sir Reginald Hunter before he lost most of his money at the card tables of Downtown. He gifted the park to the community in lieu of property taxes that he was unable to pay. Today hers is the poorest family on Bluewater, but Miriam will set about restoring the Hunters to their rightful place as one of the great families of the neighbourhood. And if, since she's a Romance Sim, that includes having her way with some of the best looking men in the neighbourhood along the way, then well and good! And Candy and Hermes have become children of destiny.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#14454 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 10:41 AM
I like Jules. Good riddance, then
I have found, on my fb timeline, a video of a (real life human) toddler escaping from a crib.
I immediately posted the Sims 2 version in the comments section - because they were so alike
My know-zilch-about-Sims-friend went : WoW!!!!
Mad Poster
#14455 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 8:48 PM
I found out that drinking a coffee from the coffee bar can trigger the 'cuisine' hobby.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#14456 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 7:13 PM
When I entered her lot, I found out that Natacha autonomously bought a male large dog. I named it Tex. It's great because she already has a female dog, Kesli.
I also notice that the game generated pets are often named Balot and I suck at renaming them.
Mad Poster
#14457 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I found out that drinking a coffee from the coffee bar can trigger the 'cuisine' hobby.

So can falling asleep in your food. My sims have not only gained hobby enthusiasm from it, but have also earned cooking points.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#14458 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 11:59 PM
One of my sims (created with a cheat) had a very unusual want: "To become a cafeteria worker". I've never seen that one before. Guess they like food, huh?

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#14459 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 12:05 AM
Is that a YA with a Fortune aspiration? He wants to earn money.

Klark Vonderstein just rolled the fear of his fiancee Delta Land dying, twice! Does he know something I don't? Or is it the looming separation as she graduates a bit ahead of him?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#14460 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 1:11 AM
I created him with the hacked "Rodney's Tomb of L&D" (from here) and all those adults created come as college graduates by default.

So it does have that background..but it's still odd.

Mad Poster
#14461 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 1:05 PM
That mirrors can't mirror a mirror. Moving the camera around a Sims house I happened to cast an eye on the hallway mirror, and saw the inside of the AL medicine cabinet that is placed in the bathroom, exactly opposite the hallway mirror. I thought perhaps I had used my invisible front recolor and placed it wrong, and went to fix it. But it was just the regular cabinet, but the mirror front of it did not show in the mirror. I'm guessing because it'd be quite a memory leak to try and mirror a mirror. Neat detail, I thought.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#14462 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 9:40 AM
@gummilutt – I tried to have a sim take a selfie with a mirror. I had her pose in front of the mirror and had another person take a photo of her doing that. The result was not nice. I will post the picture of it, when I find it.

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Field Researcher
#14463 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:00 AM

This is what happens when you take a picture of a mirror.

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Mad Poster
#14464 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:13 AM
I've had that happen too, with a Sim practicing ballet in front of a mirror. I tried to take pictures of her, and the in-game camera does not like it. I use Fraps instead, and replace a in-game camera picture with the fraps one.

But I found it very interesting that it only removes the mirror-part of the cabinet, rather than just not display the cabinet. Also neat that it displays the tacks holding the hallway mirror in place, but not the mirror, when looking into the cabinet.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#14465 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 3:03 PM
Berenike's dad was abducted by aliens at the time when she came home from school with A+ report card. So she cheered right there on the street up to sky.
Mad Poster
#14466 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 3:08 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 3rd Oct 2015 at 5:22 PM.
I've discovered that, if the repairman can't get at the thing he's come to repair, he just says everything is working and drives off -- and charges your Sims for the visit!

Blair Jayapalan was called to Capp Manor this morning to repair the dishwasher. For several minutes he tried to reach it, but Tybalt was in the way, chatting on the phone to one of his pals. So Blair announced that everything was working properly and charged §47 for the visit. The Capps couldn't call him back till he had walked all the way down their long path and driven off. He did come back quickly when Tybalt rang him, but now he's sitting at the dining table chatting with Hermia and Tybalt, and eating lunch meat sandwiches that Hermia made. There's still smoke coming from the bottom of the dishwasher. I'm sure he rather sit and chat with two half naked teenagers (they're in their undies) than repair the dishwasher. No doubt he'll charge them for his time too. What a life! If you can get away with it!

I'm glad it's the Capps that are paying for this nonsense and not one of my poorer families.

P.S. Blair did fix the dishwasher after he'd finished his lunch. He charged §139 for his second visit. Add the two visits together, and it comes to §186. Do you think that was a rip-off?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#14467 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 7:55 PM
They stole my freakin gnome!!! I want that thang back! I will be downloading that gno gnome stealing mod and shock the piss out of my sims' ratchet neighbors; no home training at all!!!!!
Mad Poster
#14468 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awesomechick979
They stole my freakin gnome!!! I want that thang back! I will be downloading that gno gnome stealing mod and shock the piss out of my sims' ratchet neighbors; no home training at all!!!!!

Sometimes when my Sims get their gnomes stolen, they come back with multiple!

Today I learned how to make a multi-PT mod, which works! I'm so proud of myself.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#14469 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 8:24 PM
For a sec. I thought about putting this in the Stupid/random question section, asking if it is an issue but I think I know how it come to this.

I had a male teenager reciving a letter from a adult female. The message: Our date was a total waste of time. If you want to make an other try, please do not call me. Hmm, I had not been playing this family for a while so I did not remember exactly. Teens can not have dates whit adults but the boy had memories of haveing a bad date whit the woman. I went to the other family and did find that the woman did have memories of having a bad date whit the boy. At first I thought it was odd but later it hit me. The teenager had been asking for a blind date and this this can happend when asing for a blind date. My bad.
Mad Poster
#14470 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

P.S. Blair did fix the dishwasher after he'd finished his lunch. He charged §139 for his second visit. Add the two visits together, and it comes to §186. Do you think that was a rip-off?

He kind of has a monopoly on the service.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14471 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 11:38 PM
Not in my town. I teleport my playable repair man in and he charges $50 for the first repair and a additional $20 for each other item.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14472 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:45 AM
@AndrewGloria - I guess Blair, like all other handymen, charges for fuel and time too And there is always a Sim in the way of the repairman - the child who wants to use the broken bath, the visitor who suddenly needs the broken toilet, the (normally as lazy as can be) wife who suddenly wants to stuff dirty dishes into the dishwasher or take out the trash - exactly at the point the repairman wants to repair the broken thing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14473 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:32 AM
Just another bonus having a playable selectable repairman- he doesn't leave until I tell him to. That used to bug me no end if a sim was interacting with the broken item in some way and the NPC would simply say nothing was broken and leave!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#14474 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not in my town. I teleport my playable repair man in and he charges $50 for the first repair and a additional $20 for each other item.

My repair woman charges 100§ per fixed object.

I played my school today.
I only have 14 students (teens and children) this round. The children are all boys
I'm wondering if they'll get their first kiss once they'll reach teenhood knowing that my game is seriously lacking in the teen department.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14475 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:44 AM
It's no wonder my towns are always so poor.

I think my school only has 7 kids left since they are all turning into teens or young adults. My sims are often YA before they get a first kiss.

The only thing I discovered is the hair I have been relentlessly hunting through my hair catalog for is a default. Poor woman has been bald as a bowling ball ever since a hair dressing disaster at Dolly's and I could not find her hair last play session. Now at least I should be able to replace it as doing face makeup did not restore it last time I grabbed her using Gussy-up.

~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 579 of 619