Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims temperture keeps dropping while inside the house
My sims are indoors and it is wintertime. For some reason their temp drops to dangerous levels throughout the day, even though they haven't gone outside. I get it back to normal as quickly as I can but it drops again over the course of sim hours. I'm worried about my toddlers, their temp is dropping the worst. This hasn't happened to me before. I don't recall installing anything before playing this household. I'm not sure what's going on. I do have a more snow in the winter hack but I've had it for many years. I once had a hack that kept temperatures in the safe range (they could drop or raise but would never go too high or too low). Maybe I need this hack again? I just don't see why I'm having the problem now.

Here is a list of my currently used newer mods:

Autonomous put away leftovers by Mog
Christainlov_Vampire Hunger Up By Bite
Christainlove_Vampire No Special Skin and Outfit
Ghost Hack
Hot Spring Fix
MQ_Vampire Indoors Decay Hack
No Cure Werewolf Wants
No Personality Change for Werewolves
No Social Worker for Hot or Cold-Freetime Only Version
Marhis All beds same energy V2

All my other mods I have been using for years with no problem. I checked the house for openings, there are none. No weather elements come inside (snow or rain). I'm playing Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I'm playing in one of the hood templates that comes with the game. I did newly make it so this is the only family in that hood. I haven't put other houses in it yet. But, previously I played another neighborhood using the Monopoly Board hood template. It has lots of families and houses. They didn't have the temperature issue. Since then I haven't reinstalled the game or deleted that neighborhood, I just built another one.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:02 PM
Try putting a radiator into one room, it will keep the whole house warmer. Also check to see your house is weather proof, if it's an older pre-Seasons house, it probably isn't, also older downloads. Put ceiling tiles in or just floor tiles in the attic and see if that improves their temperatures. If you built the house, look at the roof and be sure it covers the house on all tiles and make sure there isn't a wall section missing. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Try putting a radiator into one room, it will keep the whole house warmer. Also check to see your house is weather proof, if it's an older pre-Seasons house, it probably isn't, also older downloads. Put ceiling tiles in or just floor tiles in the attic and see if that improves their temperatures. If you built the house, look at the roof and be sure it covers the house on all tiles and make sure there isn't a wall section missing. (:

Thank you for your suggestions. I put the radiator into the room with the toddlers but their temp still dropped over time. Then I put floor tiles in the attic, their temp still dropped. So I put ceiling tiles in every room (they already had tiles but I replaced them just in case). When that still didn't help I checked for any opening but couldn't find any. The house is pretty boxy and has a simple roof, that roof covers every inch of the top of the house. There are no missing walls. I even put another radiator to double the effect. Nothing seems to help. I think I'll install the mod that keeps their temp from going into the danger zone. I just wish I knew what was wrong.
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:58 PM
do you have the hood conflict detector? I'd try running that to see if some of your mods are conflicting with each other. While i cant see anything that jumps out from the initial list you posted my gut keeps going back to that vampire decay mod for some odd reason.

ETA: I was right the vamp decay hack wasn't updated past seasons, but people have claimed the ofb version works with ultimate collection but i still think that's the culprit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:09 PM
This is a help question-moving to the help board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:39 PM Last edited by toshibecca : 28th Jun 2017 at 5:37 AM. Reason: Update
Default Test Results
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
do you have the hood conflict detector? I'd try running that to see if some of your mods are conflicting with each other. While i cant see anything that jumps out from the initial list you posted my gut keeps going back to that vampire decay mod for some odd reason.

ETA: I was right the vamp decay hack wasn't updated past seasons, but people have claimed the ofb version works with ultimate collection but i still think that's the culprit.

I'm also thinking the vamp decay mod could be the issue. I just reinstalled the constant temperature mod that I used to have and my toddlers are safely in the green. So it's okay. But later, using a test family I will temporarily disable both the vamp decay mod and the constant temp mod to see if that was the issue. I care too much about my digital kids to test it on them. Thank you for your advice.

Update: I tested the game with an adult sim and a toddler. Both the vamp no decay indoors mod and the constant temp mod were disabled. There was no temp drop for my sims while indoors. Sorry, it took so long to let you know. They started off in summer so I had to wait for winter but I had work and school to take care of too. Thank you, everyone, for your help. I'm glad I know what the problem is now. The vamp decay mod was indeed the issue.