Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 9:19 PM
Sims 3 keeps regenerating 'packages' file
I was playing the sims 3 completely normally yesterday then after closing the game and trying to delete mods the next day my game couldn't get pass the second loading screen so I removed my mods folder completely and tried to start fresh downloading new custom content but my packages folder keeps regenerating all my old glitchy cc and I can't delete it from that folder because it says the files cannot be located
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:35 PM
It sounds as though you didn't clear the caches when you removed your mods folder.
(Note: DO NOT clear the DCCache unless you want to lose all your installed Sims3packs! And I seem to recall that deleting world caches on a Mac is a very bad idea.)

(I generally use Delphy's Dashboard to clear caches. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 Its primary use is to scan and possibly remove CC, but any time you add or remove CC it's a good idea to clear the caches so that the game doesn't read old data from the cache. So he made it easy to clear the caches from within Dashboard.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook