Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:40 PM
Default Recreating the Equestria Girls by TX_Slade_TX
I play with my 7-year-old and we are trying to recreate the Equestria Girls inspired by Tx-slade-xT's excellent Deviant Art . I have taken some liberties with his amazing pic. I have a feeling that some of these items are available in Sims expansion or stuff packs which we don't have, but definitely willing to get. Since I'm buying doubles of everything I'm trying to be careful choosing.

Official Equestria Girls inspiration pic

I'm specifically looking for all the boots, 2 of the tops (Fluttershy and PinkyPie) and Twilight Sparkle's bow tie. If you know of the hair that would be nice to have as well, but I'm fairly happy with what I've found, and I'm happy to post the results, so far I've only "finished" Rainbow dash, substituting a different pair of boots at the moment. I really like the ones in the picture better though. Any help will be gratefully accepted by 2 enthusiastic new simmers (me and mini me).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 7:19 PM Last edited by murfee : 27th Jun 2017 at 4:19 PM.
Pretty sure the 3 boots in the middle are from Pets, but there are modded versions:
https://editsim.tumblr.com/post/500...game-compatible
http://modthesims.info/d/493441

[EDIT] The green shoes at the end are NOT from Supernatural. http://francythatsims.tumblr.com/po...rks-my-one-year

The cowgirl boots might be from MVSP:
http://iggysaurus-rex.tumblr.com/po...-i-cant-justify

The blue boots are Elexis': http://acecreators.blogspot.com/201...-by-elexis.html

The bowtie is S-club's.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hrj2l...-necklace-n4.7z
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 8:33 PM Last edited by myrmaad : 26th Jun 2017 at 11:37 PM.
Oh thank you so much! Well he was sending the links at some point, and I did send a note asking him, but I think he's away from Sims right now. I am still working on our interpretation of the girls and I will post pics when we finish. I love his Rainbow Dash, she looks so fierce and I tried to give mine that same edge. I have supernatural but not finding those boots so far. I'll keep you posted, and thank you so much! OMG you found those delicious Rainbow Dash boots! THANK YOU!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:09 PM Last edited by popcornstar45 : 26th Jun 2017 at 10:00 PM.
Found some hairs...
Twighlight's Hair - Retexture of a newsea hair, found Here (click Mirror to download)
Apple Jacks Hair - This is a peggy hair and can be found Here
Rarity's Hair - a retexterd Newsea hair found Here
Rainbow dash's Hair - A retexture of New sea flying dance Hair, similar retexture but not exact can be found Here. (Found it yaya!!)
Fluttershys Hair - Another Newsea retexture Hair found Here
Pinkie Pie's Hair - Newsea retexture found Here

Hope I helped ~Happy simming~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:45 PM Last edited by myrmaad : 26th Jun 2017 at 10:59 PM.
Wow thank you so much! These are great! I was particularly worried about how I was going to do Twilight's hair.

I literally just spent hours "perfecting" Fluttershy's face and my game crashed right when I was about to save. :cry

But I love making faces the best so it'll all work out.

Downloading the hairs now, omg I'm so excited!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:59 PM
Hi! First of all, I am so glad to hear that you think my MLP sims look so good! :D
I tried to stay away from CC when making them so a lot of their clothing is EA stuff from various DLC packs.
As for most of the links, I started hunting them down, but Murfee and Popcornstar45 kinda nailed most of them. There are a few things I wanted to note though. I noticed the picture you posted is actually an older pic of my MLP sims. My newer sims have had a few hairstyle changes to them as seen here.

Twilight's hair is a re-texture of Newsea's hair "Crow" by PaintMeKatty (formerly known as Paint-Stroke.) Though I cannot find her re-texture anywhere online... I can send you a private link to it, if I am allowed to.
Pinkie's hair I changed to Nightcrawler AF Hair26 (here) , which I thought was more fitting with her wild and crazy personality. Another good hair to consider for Pinkie is Newsea's Titatium (here)
As for Rainbow Dash, I made two re-colors myself. The original was a re-color of Newsea's Flying Dance hair. The one featured in my newest picture is a re-color of Rose 88 by Savio (I think?)
Rainbow Dash's jacket is also store content, not sure the exact name of it, but should be somewhere on the store. I also made a re-texture of her jacket with Rainbow's cutie mark logo on the back along with red, yellow, and blue stripes on the sleeves. Though I am pretty sure I can not upload it because it is EA's store content.
Fluttershy's tanktop, I'm pretty sure is base game? I could be wrong though, I can load my game up later and check that.
Pinkie's top... I am not sure either. I will have to check that too.
Let me know what you are still missing and I can try to help find whatever's left.

I hope this was able to help some and I also want to thank Murfee and Popcornstar45 for helping out finding the links to some of this CC!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:25 PM Last edited by myrmaad : 26th Jun 2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: to clarify that I'm an idiot.
Oh YAY! Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your help! I have to tell you we think your DA is Amazing!

I will comb thru the store looking for the Rainbow Dash's jacket and her boots, gawd I love those boots! Also Fluttershy's skirt and boots, I am not seeing them in Supernatural unless I'm blind, which is possible.. but yeah, I think Fluttershy's top is base game and we have it. I saw PinkyPie's skirt in one of the loading screens so I believe it's in one of the expansion packs, but now I can't recall which one was featured /facepalm. I made a mistake in the original message because the tops we are having trouble finding are PinkyPie's bolero jacket top, Twilight Sparkle's button front blouse, and Rainbow Dash's jacket which I am going to comb the store for.

You did an amazing job on these, it's really an inspiration! I'm just hoping she doesn't decide we need to do the rest of the characters you added! She already asked about Sunset Shimmer though! and now I need a castle big enough for all of them. haha

I have found Rainbow Dash's Jacket in the store here!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:47 AM
Okay, so I loaded up my game and made a quick list of all the content my sims use and what packs they are from for all those interested.

Hope this helps some people out!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 4:02 PM
Omg you did those retextures!? Dude, they're so pretty! :lovestruc That newer version is everything.

As long as you give credit, no one freaks out over uploading retextures -- that's practically the bread and butter of TS2/TS4 CC anyways, pfft.
And you can totally retexture EA meshes and share them; EA's too busy screwing over their gamers and employees to care what we're up to in the CC community.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by myrmaad
I have supernatural but not finding those boots so far.

Cuz Murf a Derp -- thanks Slade for correcting me; they're from Showtime, not Supernatural -- no wonder I couldn't find them.

http://francythatsims.tumblr.com/po...rks-my-one-year
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 4:19 PM
Thank you Tx-Slade-xT, You have helped beyond our wildest expectations, and thanks to murfee and popcornstar45 as well. Happy Simming and we'll share our recreations soon.

Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 5:39 AM
Is RD'S hair rainbow in game play or just for the pic?