Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Cloner 080706 A + Custom Skintone Selector

by christianlov Posted 7th May 2008 at 7:34 AM - Updated 5th Aug 2011 at 3:48 PM by christianlov

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 10:07 AM
I don't know how to use it! D:
What item is it? I'm so confused, I thought it was the picture with circles but I have no custom circle picture.
Test Subject
#102 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 12:24 PM
Default The Best Hack Ever For Ts2!
In such cases as mine, SkintoneSelectorPrototype is the best hack ever for TS2. After few months ago I decided to make new Downloads folder with new cc. Iz takes me 4 months - but all my sims with custom skintones revert to default skintones, of course. With this hack it is possible to change skintones from the game on already pre-made sims.

This si excatly what I need to make my sims different again.

ONE BIG THANK YOU FOR THIS TO BECAME POSSIBLE!

Life is a mess, don't mess you too!
Test Subject
#103 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:21 AM
OMG KOREAN!! lol im half korean. but D: when u said "General" it meant general in the shop right..? D: because im confused and i cant find the object @_@
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#104 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BakaNeko123
OMG KOREAN!! lol im half korean. but D: when u said "General" it meant general in the shop right..? D: because im confused and i cant find the object @_@

you are right ^^;; it means 'general' in the shop category (in buying mode). it may be 'all', 'others' or anything else in english game.
Forum Resident
#105 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 9:44 PM
Hello christianlov: I've been using your great program for about a year&half&have had no problems at all. I'm really greatfull for your hard work&sharing. I just have a small issue which is that thruout the time I've deleted quite a few skintone which I didn't need. Unfortunately they still show up on the painting. I'mnot so good with simantics so,Can you please explain to me how I can get rid of those that still show up when they're long gone from saved sims folder. I thank you very much for all the great work you've done. Good Luck with your future projects.
Test Subject
#106 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:52 PM
Argh!! I've been lokking for that CpackEditor but can't find it !! Can anyone help me ? T.T I REALLY need it. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaseeee
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telefen
Hello christianlov: I've been using your great program for about a year&half&have had no problems at all. I'm really greatfull for your hard work&sharing. I just have a small issue which is that thruout the time I've deleted quite a few skintone which I didn't need. Unfortunately they still show up on the painting. I'mnot so good with simantics so,Can you please explain to me how I can get rid of those that still show up when they're long gone from saved sims folder. I thank you very much for all the great work you've done. Good Luck with your future projects.

you can remove them by editing STR# and BHAVs but it's
difficult to do -_-;;
i'd like to recommend creating a fresh new selector package
using the template package and my program ^^;;
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PsychoMisstress
Argh!! I've been lokking for that CpackEditor but can't find it !! Can anyone help me ? T.T I REALLY need it. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaseeee

you can download that at the first post (it's already uploaded there)
or you can visit my blog
go to
blog.daum.net/christianlov
and please click 'My Program' at the left pane of the blog
^^;;
Forum Resident
#109 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 2:10 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by christianlov
you can remove them by editing STR# and BHAVs but it's
difficult to do -_-;;
i'd like to recommend creating a fresh new selector package
using the template package and my program ^^;;
my friend this soubds too complicated to me. I looked a bit at your blog &did find the template However I wouldn't know how to cause,I don't understand simantics. you did mention it's very easy but how I don't have aclue. Thanks for all your work. It would have been nice to get rid of all those bunch of skintones which are long gone but..How would I create a fresh new selector?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:03 PM
my friend this soubds too complicated to me. I looked a bit at your blog &did find the template However I wouldn't know how to cause,I don't understand simantics. you did mention it's very easy but how I don't have aclue. Thanks for all your work. It would have been nice to get rid of all those bunch of skintones which are long gone but..How would I create a fresh new selector?

creating a fresh new selector is simple and easy..
you need to collect skintone files into a folder and then
scan files using my program...
then my program will write the selector package by itself...
but.. ^^;;
scanning the game downloads folder directly, may result in creating a
very chaotic selector pie menu.... ^^;;
Forum Resident
#111 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 8:44 PM
Default Thanks
creating a fresh new selector is simple and easy..
you need to collect skintone files into a folder and then
scan files using my program...
then my program will write the selector package by itself...
but.. ^^;;
scanning the game downloads folder directly, may result in creating a
very chaotic selector pie menu.... ^^;;
As I understand, you mean I should create a folder on the desktop & collect all my skintones from saved sims folder&put them into that folder then scan? or where do I keep that folder since i have to give your program a direction to scan into. & when your program writes a new selector package, does it overwrite the old one.if not what should I do since I keep your program in my document foler besides sims2 & other games & that's where I activate it from. Where does the new selector end up? In the same folder overwriting all thoses files? if not how would I distinguish which to remove since I can't have two of the same in the same folder right? . I really love all your mods & appreciate you being there &spending your time trying to help friend.
Test Subject
#112 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 9:25 AM
First let me say thank you Cristianlov for this wonderful tool!

I just had a (hopefully) simple question. I loaded all my skin tones but I have since renamed the files so I can tell the difference between each tone and I'd like to re-register them but when I go to load them it says all my files are already registered.

Is there a way to clear out what I've loaded and start over? Hopefully I'm clear. Sorry to bother. Thank you for any information you have.

*EDIT*
I think I just answerd my own question. As a last ditch effort I reinstalled the actual SkintoneCollectorPrototype file into my downloads and it allowed me to re-register. Is this the easiest way to wipe out the pie menu?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mcshanes
First let me say thank you Cristianlov for this wonderful tool!

I just had a (hopefully) simple question. I loaded all my skin tones but I have since renamed the files so I can tell the difference between each tone and I'd like to re-register them but when I go to load them it says all my files are already registered.

Is there a way to clear out what I've loaded and start over? Hopefully I'm clear. Sorry to bother. Thank you for any information you have.

*EDIT*
I think I just answerd my own question. As a last ditch effort I reinstalled the actual SkintoneCollectorPrototype file into my downloads and it allowed me to re-register. Is this the easiest way to wipe out the pie menu?

hi ^^

uhm.. i am not so sure this may help you..
because i am not a native english speaker.. so it's quite
hard for me to explain this in english...

the program will not allow you to re-register skintones
because it doesn't want to enter duplicate information..
so..

1. you don't need to re-register or re-enter anything..
because even if files are renamed,
skintone information remain the same..
and the game recognizes skintones not by file names,
but by those family strings..
so even if you rename files, the game will manage to recognize
skintone files with no problem..
thus you don't need to re-register skintones..

2. but if you want to rename menu names
(for an example, you want to change those menu names to
be same with new file names),

there are two ways..

1) a simple solution

you can edit the pie menu using simpe..
(you don't need to edit the BHAV.. you just need to edit
the STR# 'make action string set' 0x12E and it's rather easy)

2) more complicated solution

you can write a new selector package from the scratch..
turn on the 'prompt for menu name' check box and scan..
then the program will allow you to enter each skintone
menu name manually...
Test Subject
#114 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:24 PM
Awesome! but is it in english? In the picture it was a different language. That's pretty much all I would ask, but I either way I'm downloading it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happygoluckydog
Awesome! but is it in english? In the picture it was a different language. That's pretty much all I would ask, but I either way I'm downloading it!

absolutely, ^^;;
the item is in english.
english menu is surely provided. ^^;;
i am so sorry that i didn't prepare english game screenshots ^^
Forum Resident
#116 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:28 PM
Hello Christianlove; my friend I just did like you had described. I collected all the skines from savedsims folder & the 4 I have in the D/Load folder as the defaualt replacements & put them all in a folder on the desktop. Upon scanning it said sorry but there are no skintone available. Have i done something wrong maybe? Thanks for your help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:31 PM
Hello Christianlove; my friend I just did like you had described. I collected all the skines from savedsims folder & the 4 I have in the D/Load folder as the defaualt replacements & put them all in a folder on the desktop. Upon scanning it said sorry but there are no skintone available. Have i done something wrong maybe? Thanks for your help.

hi ^^

it looks like..
those files are not skintone files..
skintone files have a certain type of element so this program
recognizes skintones by that...
so if a package doesn't have that element,
it will say it's not a skintone file..
thus if that folder doesn't have any file which has that element,
it will say there is no skintone available..
Forum Resident
#118 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:09 PM
hi ^^

it looks like..
those files are not skintone files..
skintone files have a certain type of element so this program
recognizes skintones by that...
so if a package doesn't have that element,
it will say it's not a skintone file..
thus if that folder doesn't have any file which has that element,
it will say there is no skintone available..
AS I stated I collected all my recolors of skintones that I have in the savedsims folder & I know them by names so,there's no mistake on that I always double check on the mb's amount just to make sure & they're all over 2mb's each. Them I Put the four default replacment from my D/Load folder and included them all in that empty folder&placed it on the desktop. Then,I started the prgram &gave directions to just that folder on the desktop. So,'Idon't know what more I can explain. Unless that folder maybe shouldn't be on the desktop. Is that possible my friend?. Thanks a lot for any help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:20 PM
AS I stated I collected all my recolors of skintones that I have in the savedsims folder & I know them by names so,there's no mistake on that I always double check on the mb's amount just to make sure & they're all over 2mb's each. Them I Put the four default replacment from my D/Load folder and included them all in that empty folder&placed it on the desktop. Then,I started the prgram &gave directions to just that folder on the desktop. So,'Idon't know what more I can explain. Unless that folder maybe shouldn't be on the desktop. Is that possible my friend?. Thanks a lot for any help.

folder on desktop...
does it mean that the folder is located on 'my desktop' folder?
i mean, folder path thing?
if so, it doesn't matter..
anyway, so sorry again that my answer doesn't help.. ^^;;

btw, it's possible that my program failed to read the packages...
i mean, it may be my program's bug
i can't say that my program reads all packages any time..
it's a very primitive program which i wrote from
my limited programming knowlegde so it's not
complete at all..
Forum Resident
#120 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:09 PM
Thanks any Christianlov. As far as I'm concerned you're quite a knowledgable programer. It doesn't really matter about that little matter. If it wasn't for your great mods,I would have stopped playing sims 4 years ago. Thanks a whole lot for all you've done. Have a jolly day.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 8:20 PM
Ok, just checking that I'm reading a post up thread right; the Cloner is incompatible with InTeen, or just the Skin Changer?
I'm asking because I tried installing the Cloner, I have InTeen installed, and all I got was the the following menu options: View, Clone Neighbor (which did nothing) and Last Name copy On/Off.
I have the Base, Uni and Night Life installed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#122 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
Ok, just checking that I'm reading a post up thread right; the Cloner is incompatible with InTeen, or just the Skin Changer?
I'm asking because I tried installing the Cloner, I have InTeen installed, and all I got was the the following menu options: View, Clone Neighbor (which did nothing) and Last Name copy On/Off.
I have the Base, Uni and Night Life installed.

the cloner is an independent mod, so it will not conflict with inteen.
but the skintone selector mod is a global mod, and it won't be compatiable with inteen.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 1:04 AM
the cloner is an independent mod, so it will not conflict with inteen.
but the skintone selector mod is a global mod, and it won't be compatiable with inteen.

Huh. Wonder why the cloner isn't working for me then.

EDIT: Ok, I think I have it figured out, I forgot about the official patches.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:50 AM
The cloner works fine on a normal residential lot, but doesn't work at all in a dorm or frat house.
And the stupid patch thinks it is already updated.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#125 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
The cloner works fine on a normal residential lot, but doesn't work at all in a dorm or frat house.
And the stupid patch thinks it is already updated.

i see ^^;;
young adults can't be cloned and they can't clone themselves either.
in other words, young adults must not be the 'source' sims.
teens or adults will be okay, but young adults, they can't be cloned.
that's why you cannot see some of the menus when you are on a
dorm or frat house (because on those lots, most of the neighborhood sims are young adults, so the cloner fails to find an adequate candidate). ^^;;
Page 5 of 7