Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Installing Expansion packs and stuff packs
So I'm going to get Generations Sims 3 Pack tomorrow, the day it is coming out. (Can't wait!) But I'm not going to pre-order because stupid EA made it a digital download.
This is where you may get confused. The stuff packs that came out before the expansion packs, do you need to install that stuff pack first for it to work, like you need to do with the expansion packs? Like if you installed Ambitions before World Adventures, it wouldn't work. So if I installed Generations and then the Outdoor Living Stuff, would the stuff pack work?
Sorry if you're confuzzled xD
Thanks!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:17 AM
You can install in any order. For best results, patch your base game up fully first (to 1.22 - get it here - big file, will take a while to download), then install any EPs/SPs you have and patch them up too. I generally install in order but it's not at all necessary.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:28 AM
Thank you so much! I had no idea about that. Generally I get the expansion packs because I find them better and they are usually packed with lots of stuff. But I have heard great things about the stuff packs and I'm thinking of getting some soon. Thank you again!
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: answered