Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 7:37 PM
Default What are your favorite expansion packs? Top 11
So LGR (Lazy Game Reviews) made a video about his favorite ep's (Expansion Packs) and sp's (Stuff Packs) so I'd like to hear your guys top 11 expansion packs. 11-7 is the bad category, Expansion Packs that you absolutely hated/thought were unnecessary, disappointed in, or thought were a waste of time and fps (LOL IP reference). 6 is where you feel neutral about this one. You don't hate it but it's not the best one around but it's certainly not bad by your standards. 5-1 is good to best. Were you had a good experience with, a good concept that works well, to a must have for your game. Also this is just your opinion. Anybody who likes the ones that other people didn't like so much is okay!!! Be glad that they see things that other people don't in this expansion pack! (Anyone who makes fun of somebody's opinion then there comment will be deleted). When you post your opinion put a list of your choices. In another comment put why love or hate this expansion pack. Would you recommend it to others? If so why or why not? P.S. I'll post my opinion too but it will be in progress. You'll see my opinion on what I think which ep's are good, bad, or okay. As I get more ep's my opinion will change too. P.P.S. DON"T HATE ON MY OR ANYONE'S OPINION!!! NO CURSING EITHER!!!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 8:29 PM
I only have High End Loft Stuff but I don't see much purpose in rating SPs. They should have been either part of EPs, or sold as Store sets IMO.
But if I were to give my totally unresearched opinion, I'd rank HELS as best and Town Life Stuff as worst. I mean, even KPST could be useful somehow if you're playing a fantasy game or decorating playgrounds, but Town Life was just forgettable.

Now these are the ones I don't like purely because of how I play, not because they're bad:

11. Into The Future - I installed it briefly but didn't keep it because of the lag, and because I just don't like the theme or any of the objects. The clothes aren't really usable unless you play a futuristic game, and I tend to play more medieval or modern. The plumbots do look interesting though, I'll give it that!

10. Showtime - I've only played a magician and an acrobat, and there was so much grinding for job performance that it stopped being fun about halfway and I cheated to get them to level 10. No interest in the singer. Like many people say, this would have been better had it been a part of Late Night.

And the rest:

9. Island Paradise - I've only played one game in Isla Paradiso, but the lag didn't make it fun. Houseboats are neat, but I was never interested in running around and "discovering" the islands (just look at their reflection in the water, lol), which caused lag as well. But seeing 5+ ghosts in a boat traffic jam sure was fun!

8. University - I like the gameplay and objects, but most of what the EP has to offer relies on Sims traveling and, well, since I get bored easily I sometimes don't want to extend their lives by two more weeks (since time stops at uni). Due to game corruption, I don't send Sims there very often, and I had to get some mods to kill some very annoying core behaviors (like academic performance dropping insanely fast).

7. Generations - yes, I do use a lot of objects, but its theme is not that clear to me IMO. It fits very well with the basegame, which makes me think it should have been part of it from the start. I like the temper tantrums and the pranks.

6. Pets - cats are adorable, but unfortunately too many pets make my game lag so I don't play them very often. A lot of neat and versatile objects.

5. Ambitions - the new professions and skills are fun to pursue. I don't play them too often because I end up with a lot of Sims whether I plan to or not, lol.

4. Seasons - it makes the game look gorgeous and I can't imagine playing without it. Fall is possibly my favorite season due to how colorful it is.

3. Supernatural - I LOVE the lifestates, especially the witch. The objects are beautiful and versatile as well, and I inevitably drift towards supernaturals no matter how much I want to keep it a human-only game, haha.

2. Late Night - a lot of new gameplay and objects I use when decorating. I love the lot markers and use them quite often, and Bridgeport is neat to play after tinkering with the lots to allow for better routing.

1. World Adventures - maybe it's because it's the first EP, but it holds a special place in my heart. I'm a goal-oriented player, so the tombs and missions were fun for me to do when everything else was boring. Though I normally wait a few generations between having explorer Sims. With its 3 gorgeous worlds and a reasonable amount of content for each, I couldn't imagine playing without it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 9:57 PM
My favorite EPs shift places depending on my mood. I guess it's different to least MY personal favorites than to list the BEST EPs. I definitely know that I don't really like nor play with Supernatural, except for the alchemy skill and some objects; and I seldom use the careers and content from Ambitions, apart from some objects like the trampoline and the outdoor game. I also know that my favorite EPs are probably Late Night, Pets, Generations and Seasons, with Seasons having a slight upper-hand since I think it's the most polished EP in TS3. University Life and World Adventures come next, with gameplay I enjoy a lot but don't use that often, only with specific saves or once a generation.

Even though I consider Island Paradise a very good EP, well the world is buggy as hell but the EP itself is very good, I very seldom play with resorts, houseboats and scuba diving, unless I play in a world that has such. And since I don't like playing in Isla Paraiso, my option are limited. Showtime is an EP I like in concept but I find very lackluster in execution, especially the singer career. I wish it had been better than what it turned out to be. Into the Future got really old, really fast. So although I think it's a great EP, I just don't play it much. I really like building futuristic houses, though.

My Top 11:
11- Supernatural
10- Ambitions
9- Into the Future
8- Showtime
7- Island Paradise
6- World Adventures
5- University Life
4- Pets
3- Generations
2- Late Night
1- Seasons
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 11:54 PM
So, first, here are the two packs that I don't have and don't intend to get since they both focus on stuff that is completely irrelevant for me (I prefer to play realistically):

11. Into the Future
10. Supernatural

Apart from the main focus, both packs do have stuff that I quite like. From what I know, Into the Future has some (imho) nice stuff for Build Mode while Supernatural has nice Buy Mode items so I can't really rank them on the plus sides either. I guess the only thing I can base my ranking on is that I could imagine playing a werewolf or whatever maybe like once, but I don't have any interst at all in having my Sims time travel.

Now to the packs that I do have

9. World Adventures - I don't care so much for the 3 travel worlds and I never even played any of the treasure hunting missions. However, I do like that it allows travel to other worlds (e.g. Bridgeport) which I think is a functionality that was added by NRAAS. I also like having tents and Sim Fu.

8. Showtime - The main focus is imho okay, but overall rather meh. The stupid Sim Fests never work for me. But I like the world and it has some nice stuff.

7. Generations - It adds some nice subtle elements but it really should have been much more fleshed out. It could have been so much more.

6. Ambitions - Mainly got it for the possibiltiy to have my Sims get tattoos. Every once in a while, I play one of the careers, but it gets old really fast and my gameplay doesn't usually focus enough on one single Sim which makes it tiresome. I do like that it allows my Sims to be self-employed.

5. Late Night - Love the bars, hate the vampires (after two generations or so in Bridgeport, the whole freaking world is full of them) and celebrity system. It's kind of a shame that the buildings in the bin are way too large to put them into most worlds.

4. Seasons - I like this one for the atmosphere, but it imho requires fiddling around in NRAAS Tempest because it would just rain too freaking often.

3. Pets - Pets. 'nuff said.

2. Island Paradise - I do like the beach focus and that it allows the Sims to make use of the ocean. I also like the world that comes with it. I've never had any issues with it when it comes to bugs, lag etc.

1. University - While I sometimes play generations without sending any Sim to University, I do love having the option. This pack also comes with really good items that I practically use all the time. If I had a complaint about this pack, it would be that it's not enough like the University pack from Sims 2. I would've loved to have cheerleaders, proper greek houses with the according hierarchy, that secret building thing, being able to earn money as a trainer or barista etc. in this iteration as well.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 1:11 AM
I love LGR I don't always agree with his opinion on the packs, but I find his videos informative enough that I will know whether I will like a pack or not, just based on his review. He hasn't failed me yet. Plus, they are hilarious

I don't have any of the stuff packs and don't have any intention of ever buying them, so I won't be ranking those. Also, I really enjoy all of the expansions that I own, so I will rank them, but I don't want to imply that #7-11 are bad in any way.

Non-ranked (or 10 & 11, if you prefer): Showtime and Into the Future - I don't have these two and am in no particular rush to get them unless I find them very cheap. I could see ITF being useful if I ever go back to my Luke Skywalker sim, but I didn't care for the robot things in Ambitions, so I don't think I would care for the robot things in ITF either.

9. Ambitions - I tend to use a lot of the objects from this pack, but I don't play the open careers very often. They are fine when I have one sim with an open career and the rest of the families disappear into rabbit holes, but if more than one sim has an open career, then all the back-and-forth with the camera, and all the micromanaging get super tedious for me.

8. Island Paradise - I only got this one a few days ago. Isla Paradiso is a routing disaster, and even the fixed version here at MTS was unplayable after an hour or so due to lag. Once I found a custom world with some diving lots to try, I have been able to enjoy the content of this pack. The resort system so far seems like a very easy way to make money. Too easy, maybe. Diving is pretty cool, but with so few diving lots available (that I have seen), the skill's appeal may not last long.

7. World Adventures - I actually really love this pack, but I've ranked it lower because it fills a very specific niche in my playstyle. It just feels odd to take a "normal" sim on an exploration of an ancient tomb, so I've only used the tombs for certain sims that have a bit of fantasy flair to them. I don't care for the nectar skill, as I find it too fiddly and time-consuming for my sim to actually create a valuable bottle.

6. Supernatural - Same as above. Love this pack, but it's a bit of a niche thing for me. I do have one save game going in the custom world of Praaven (a breath-taking medieval world that everyone should check out) that I dumped a bunch of book and video game characters into, and the magic system fits in perfectly. I haven't played many fairies or werewolves, and I resetsim on any zombie that wanders onto my lots, but I do enjoy playing witches.

5. Generations - Nothing about this pack sticks out, really...but in a good way. The content blends so well with the base game and really fills out all stages of life that it's easy to make good use of this pack if you like to play families. Imaginary friends are rather unreliable and buggy, though. Only a few of my toddlers ever got them, and they always glitched before my child sim aged up.

4. Pets - The cats and dogs are adorable, and most of the households I play end up with a few of them (mostly cats, though, as they are less socially needy). I love training them up to hunt and find collectibles. I haven't made much use of Appaloosa Plains, but it's really easy to fit the Pets content into any town you like (unlike IP, for instance, where it was an enormous pain to fit diving lots into other towns).

3. University Life - Since getting this pack, I take nearly all my young adults to college. I think part of the appeal is nostalgia, but there are also a ton of things to do both for your college student and when returning home. I do have a mod to allow my sims to finish their degrees in just one week, along with prior skillbuilding, because I prefer playing with multiple sims at a time and am usually ready to get back to the whole family after a week.

2. Late Night - Similar to Generations, I find that the content of this pack fits really naturally with the base game. Although I don't play Bridgeport itself anymore, almost all of the custom worlds I play regularly are urban and make use of LN shells, bars, highrise system, etc. I love having the big city atmosphere in my game.

1. Seasons - I've ranked this at the top both for fitting in so perfectly with the base game, and for having tons of unique and memorable things to do. I especially love playing winter because I live in a place where it is hot most of the year, and if I don't get to build snowmen, then at least I can let my sims do so
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
11. Into the sci-fi bullshit Future

The strikeout really sums up my attitude toward this pack. So much futuristic unrealistic science-fiction to make George Jetson proud. Food replication and robots and floating cars ... most things are either not existing in reality or only 0.0001 percent of the real world population has access too. The future traveling idea is interesting but really poorly executed and for some reason EA decided to program game to make your ancestors of thousand years later look near identical to your Sim just tad bit uglier. After thousand years of breeding it not likely people will look anything remotely like their ancestors 1,000 years before them. And lastly the content in this pack in not practical and most is ugly with exception of few plants and counters and few buildmode items.

That's another complaint I didn't mention: the fact that, from what I've seen in Let's Plays, this EP is half-assed. You can't really create a good sci-fi game/world unless you delve into it and spend a lot of time programming different environments and behaviors - but with that much effort you may as well make it a separate game. It's like the '60s version of the future, too: asymmetrical clothes with weird geometric designs, everything is silvery and weirdly shaped etc.
The genetics is one of the matters that EA frankly either didn't bother to improve, or realized they were in way over their head, so they just cloned Sims and probably added a condition for slight variations.

Edit: oh and I forgot about the nectar making skill in WA! A definite love from me, it's a great way to get rid of produce if you have a huge garden and don't sell all the fruit, and the many bottles of nectar usually last me for at least 2 generations of consistent use.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 2:45 PM Last edited by olomaya : 10th Aug 2016 at 2:55 PM.
11- Supernatural- I don't really like themed expansions because I find them really limiting to my style of play and I think I outgrew the thinking vampires, werewolves and witches were cool stage around the time of Buffy Season 6. I have purged all hoods of supernaturals and I hide all the EP's clothes in CAS. I think the only item I use from this EP is the rocking chair. I'm sure I'll use the honey/beehive eventually but that's it. I just have the game because I'm a completist.

10- Into the Future - I also don't care for futuristic things so I don't really use anything in this EP. It's only saving grace and why it's not ranked the lowest is because it gave us clothes shopping through the mannequins, the ability to have malls, those pair of female shorts in CAS that I actually use quite often and the food synthesizer. Though points off for the synthesizer since it sucks unless you download the mod to make it better.

9- Showtime- I like a lot of the objects that came with this EP but like Ambitions (see below), the overall point of the game kind of fell flat to me. SimFests are fun but only if you are in Starlight Shores because you actually have a lot of Sims that are entertainers there. The EP has little replay value for me in that I've only ever taken a Sim on the singer path once. Magic and Acrobatics have no interest to me. This EP also loses huge points for not being integrated with the Late Night band and celebrity systems.

8- Ambitions- The fact that this is their answer to OFB is depressing. The concept was good but the overall gameplay is really boring and doesn't add much and I now never play any of the AMB careers. That being said, the game has a lot of little features and objects that for me, are must-haves like laundry (who knew?!), hobbies as careers and consigning.

7- Pets - I HATED Sims 2 Pets. They were the worst and the pet jobs were so ridiculous. So this gets points for being better than the Sims 2 predecessor though not much better than Unleashed. I love how pets can make money but not through jobs but rather by doing things that are more natural to them like sniffing out collectibles and hunting. Also the smaller pets and little animals you find around town add a nice bit of realism to the game. Obviously horsies are win and I would have placed this one much higher up if not for the fact that it's a relatively small EP in terms of gameplay (they should have added farm animals!), you have to have strict mod control in order to keep the pet population down and from overrunning the game. Also the wild horses are annoying.

6- World Adventures- I only ranked this so high because WA gave us photography system which is my all-time favorite feature of TS3 after the open world. I love photography so much. It's annoying that you have to travel or go to buydebug to get the cameras but that's only a small demerit to what I think is the best thing EA has done in the Sims 3. I also love how photography has been expanded in all EPs with more things to take photos of to fulfill challenges. Also nectar! I rarely go to the EA travel worlds anymore but I still appreciate the care that was put into making them and they are all beautiful and unique. I do wish there had been less focus on "adventure" and tomb raiding and more focus on learning about the cultures of France, Egypt and China and the unique foods and people.

5- University Life- I love the smartphones and don't mind that they are automatically given to every Sim. I actually like the idea of blogging though wish we could do it on computers too though the social groups weren't totally thought out, I feel. University definitely does get boring but with the homeworld university mod option, I love that I can send my Sims off to Uni and forget about them for a while and focus on their parents or another household. Also, I feel like this EP is one of the best object expansions that we have in terms of more stuff for Sims. I always like more stuff. Also, Sims can finally rent homes but the apartment feature sucked.

4- Late Night - I am a little disappointed with Late Night but I love that my Sims (with Relativity mod slowing down the game time) can go bar hopping on weekends and serve drinks and have some more adult fun in their lives. The "penthouse, not apartments" reveal was a huge letdown because Apartment Life is my second favorite EP of TS2. Overall though, I love cities and having more urban life in my game because irl I'm a city girl through and through. In terms of playability, Late Night features are the ones I consider to be must-haves that I use almost every time I play.

3- Seasons - I liked Seasons way more than I thought I would based on my feelings about Sims 2 Seasons. The addition of holidays and festivals and giving some timed structure to the game is great and adds a lovely family/communal element that the game definitely needed more of. More outerwear would have been nice and I wish Sims and pets were more affected by the weather but overall, I really love this game. Definitely a must have if you can only buy a couple of EPs.

2- Generations- This would be another must-have that truly just extends on the base game by focusing more on family relationships. I love how it expands on each of the age groups with more things for them to do, adding more depth to each age. The objects are all great and lots of interactions. The punishment system for kids and teens needed refining via a mod but I did like its addition. I wish there had been more focus on the positive interactions between parent and child and especially, between siblings as I feel like that is one part still lacking in the game. Being able to record home movies is a great workaround for the ill-advised memories system they put out.

1- Island Paradise- I love the water. I love the beach. So the second I found out we would finally get to swim in oceans and then do underwater activities, I was sold. I love Island Paradise. It is far and away my favorite EP. I love a lot of the clothes that came with it too and the braided hairstyles for men and women are the best and my probably my favorite EA hairstyles for the game. And then there's the resorts! Running your own resort, or bed and breakfast or regular hotel/motel is the best and so much fun. With the rabbit hole rugs, you get a lot more versatility and playability out of it but even if you don't have those, resorts are a lot of fun to play. Nothing beats taking my Sim to the beach for the whole day and having them swim, snorkel, lounge, jetskit, get tans and then watching the beautiful sunset over the ocean horizon. I'll never get tired of that.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 4:23 AM
Into the Future and Island Paradise are unranked since I played neither of them. Anywho onto the list!

11/10: Into the Future & Island Paradise
9. Pets
Pets is the most glitchy and laggy EP I played despite adding some cool new collectibles and rustic build/buy mode objects. Appaloosa Plains is probably one of my favorite worlds out of the EP, but not my absolute favorite since my game loves to crash whenever I play it.

7.Generations
I don't have too much to say about this one, honestly. There's nothing I dislike about it, but I can't think of anything awe-inducing about it either. It was a sweet little addition to the game nonetheless.

6.Ambitions
Ambitions was an oddball expansion when I first got it. I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it, so I hardly messed around with the new features as much. Fast forward to present day I can't imagine playing without this EP. The self-employment option and laundromat venue were two things I never thought I wanted until I got them

5. World Adventures
I grew fond of WA as the years went by. Whether it's filling houses with Egyptian decor or making egg rolls, I was always putting this pack to use. It still poses quite the challenge in trying to fully explore all those tombs and maxing out your visa meter. Despite it being number 5, WA is another expansion I can't imagine playing without.

4. Late Night
LN was the pack I needed after the base game became boring to me. It was just a breath of fresh air to be able to get greasy food from the food trucks and bribe bouncers into letting you into exclusive clubs. In all seriousness, I loved the new atmosphere Bridgeport (more like Lagport) created. It's a huge contrast from Sunset Valley and Riverview. Like holy crap. I thought they threw a part of Seasons in there early on. The sky was constantly on the verge of a thunderstorm

3. University
Two words. More plants!

2. Supernatural
Unlike Ambitions, I threw myself into this expansion pack with no hesitation. I knew exactly what I was getting out of this one and by God did it not disappoint. Alchemy is the most fun to delve into along with meeting fairies and witches around town. Moonlight Falls is my most favorite world of all of Sims 3. I'm fascinated by West Coast forest towns such as those in Washington and Oregon. Being able to build supernatural legacy families in such a world is the greatest experience I've had so far while playing the Sims 3.

1. Seasons
I honestly couldn't decide if Seasons or Supernatural should be number one, but after reminiscing about the simple days of playing Sims 2 I released Seasons is the ONE! I missed out on having the Seasons EP for S2 so I made it my priority to get it for the Sims 3. I can't tell you how overjoyed I was to finally have heart-attack-inducing lighting storms and swimmable yet unfreezable oceans!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 1:41 AM
I never play without Generations and Seasons. I recently found, with the latest update, that I can choose which of my available EPs I can play with.

(Can't help but think that with TS2 the EPs were more, well, integrated.)

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 3:12 AM
11. Island Paradise
I wouldn't say it's bad, but the fact that its such a laggy world makes me unable to fully experience it (such as mermaids). If it wasn't so laggy, I might've ranked it higher. Scuba diving is cool though, along with finding an island or 2. Resorts I never played with since I rarely make cool-looking buildings. :p

10. Showtime
Was cool at first, especially the Singer career, but I've always had issues with Simfests and the routing issues (Simfests are still cool though). I also never tried Simport since I play with my internet off so it doesn't lag. Felt mostly for flavor.

9. Ambitions
Maybe it's because I didn't get into a few of the careers, but I heard some of them rarely get events happening for your sim to do, or are bugged. Only career I've tried with this expansion was Designer and it bored me a bit.

8. Generations
It felt great to throw eggs at the neighbor's house and have my teens fight at the prom, but the reputation system is stupid. Grounding your kid when he's sick and shouldn't go to school is also stupid. Treehouses are cool though, but I'd like more events and careers for teens and kids. Imaginary Friends are so cute though, I love getting one and seeing what pattern he'll have.

7. Seasons
Weather (mostly snow and rain) makes the game lag, and I didn't like the constant Ice-cream truck parking outside. Festivals and parties were also annoying after awhile, along with the sim feeling too hot/cold.

6. Pets
Pets I got for the objects, as I thought my game would lag with any animals. Turns out my game runs smoothly if I play only with any animal (up to 50 fps)! Minor pets I hate since I always want to take all of them home and end up running out of room for them. :P

5. University
I didn't try out this pack when I first got it, but once I did I loved it. It might not have the same features as Sims 2's, but I love how there's actually sims outside doing stuff and partying. Only thing I don't like is the Jock, Nerd, and Rebel social class, since I'd see random sims in my home world have them for no reason.

4. Into the Future
While there's not much to do, it runs pretty smoothly, and jetpacks+hoverboards make getting somewhere faster cool. Plumbots are awesome, but limited (where's the cc for those, I want an Aigis!) and descendants are interesting. Emit is cute too (too bad he can't be romanced...)

3. World Adventures
Enjoyed the tombs quite a bit, though taking a single sim is better than a party of 3. I couldn't play much in China, but France was great, and Egypt had only one annoying routing issue but was otherwise fine. Only complaint was you need a guide to figure out some of the harder puzzles, and I wish there was more worlds. And more supernatural creatures associated with these worlds other than Mummies :P

2. Late Night
I didn't choose the late night life, it chose me. A lot to do at night and celebrities were awesome. I love Bridgeport a lot, it feels comfy af and the characters are fun to play with too. I didn't like constantly being disgraced though all because my celeb's friend was ignored/spread rumors about me. Also, bar brawls are awesome; it's like when my sims were on vacation in S2 and they'd always get into a fight with the locals at a restaurant.

1. Supernatural
Love it. Love it. Love it. Playing with supernaturals is always fun, like fires with witches, pranks with faeries, or mauling with werewolfs. Alchemy is awesome, and the gems (+ insects and metals) are beautiful and worth finding. Just magic in general is great. And the Victorian houses are great too. Wish we could've made our own custom supernaturals though!
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 8:42 AM
1. Seasons

2. Generations

3. University

4. Late Night

5. Ambitions

6. World Adventures

7. Pets

8. Showtime

9. Into The Future

10. Supernatural (great quality content. I'm just not that into that kind of supernatural content in The Sims)

11. Island Paradise (would be #2 or #3 had it not been horribly broken and to be honest unfixable)
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:50 AM
I guess everyone has their reasons for EPs to be either helpful, most used or just fun^-^

11. Showtime

In my opinion it's just a Ep for Late night. Literally.

10. Island paradise

It has some fun features but I haven't really found myself playing it that much. Or the interactions with it.

9. World Adventures

It's nice and a bit different from all the other EPs in some way. But I don't really use the EP anymore since it bored me after going through all the tombs again for the 5th time.

8. Into the future

It's a fun expansion pack but I don't really have much use to it myself. I did enjoy playing it though!

7. Pets

I really do love this EP but I'm having the same problem with it like @Fulishagirl and the fur problem. Which just takes away some of the nice things from pets.

6. Ambitions

I really love this EP when i'm actually playing it, but lately I don't really play with the careers that much. I do find myself using a lot of stuff from this expansion pack, like clutter.

5. Supernatural

I looove the supernatural which is why I bought the Ep when it was released and I've been using it ever since. Just the things that I never really liked about it (which was introduced with Late night) The Townies turning into supernaturals in like an entire week! I could make a XML tuning mod to make it more to my liking but it should have been something EA should have done to fix.

4. University

I love all the features it has, and the world! I just hate the mascot that wonders by and leaves it's stuff >->

3. Late night

Even though this world always breaks my save, is extremely buggy to me, I love it a lot. It's basically the first town with actual supernatural(s). So I've been playing that one Ep ever since (not in the same world though, it's just... horrible to play in because of the save breaking). And I just have a lot of great memories playing it.

2. Seasons

Let's be honest, if you don't own this EP, you're missing the fun! Back in the days it was possible to use these rain codes, snow codes with fog emitter for storytelling, but even for gameplay this EP is amazing! I can understand why the TS4 community is still asking for one. I loved this EP since TS2.

1. Generations

This EP is just the best. If you would play every EP but leave out this one, I'm seriously missing it a lot. A lot of people hate the imaginary friend, but I love it and then there is just way more to do for toddlers instead of just some interactions to take care of it.