Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 9:56 PM
Default CAS Default Replacements No Longer Colorable
Recently I uploaded Robokitty's default beard replacements (which are essential, btw), only to get them in game and discover that they do not respond to recoloring, be it through "Match Root Color" or going into "Change Color" and trying to customize--no matter what happens, the beards stay basic black. I was hoping that perhaps I'd installed a different set of default beards and forgotten about it, leading to some sort of conflict, but I've scanned my CC both with Dashboard and manually and this doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there something that might be causing this issue, or a program I can use to go in and change settings? I'm about moderate tech-level for Sims 3, but I also am reinstalling after about five years and I've forgotten some of the old basic tricks and go-to editing programs, so I'm hoping this is just a simple issue with a simple solution.

Thanks in advance for help!

(ETA: Forgot one important detail: Robokitty's beards are NOT the issue. The default replacements are completely editable. It's my other custom beards that are no longer working right...but it happened right after installing the defaults. And because I am a dingaling I totally skipped the step of removing the defaults and seeing if it repairs the issue, but will try that now and update with info later.)