Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 3:13 PM
Default Making something base game compatible and Necklace with Morphs
Hi all!

So as I'm remaking a set from long ago, I was wondering. I'm making a necklace that I want to turn base game compatible but also want to make it have morphs. For some reason when I use the Morph maker: http://modthesims.info/d/387348
It gives me errors. Errors about not being able to turn it into a package file. So because the Supernatural (and night life, I think >-<) necklaces are able to have morphs, I was wondering if it's possible to edit some file in S3PE and make the game think it's a Base game. Or maybe some other trick to make the game think it's a base game compatible file.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 9:34 PM
Hi !
You can edit the CASP file : Double click on it and replace the GROUP line with "0x00000000" to make it basegame compatible. (But remember that if your textures files are linked to Supernatural/ Nightlife/ World Adventures ones, the basegame will not recognize them without the expansion.)
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sabirina
Hi !
You can edit the CASP file : Double click on it and replace the GROUP line with "0x00000000" to make it basegame compatible. (But remember that if your textures files are linked to Supernatural/ Nightlife/ World Adventures ones, the basegame will not recognize them without the expansion.)

Thank you so much for your reply! ^-^

So, say I use my own texture, it will see it as the base game? I was planning on replacing all the texture files like I usually do. But woaw! I didn't knew you could just change it by using the CASP file. I did try to find it out but every time I was close to something, it turned out to be another kind of group.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 9:27 PM
You are very welcome !
I only use TSR Workshop, so I don't know about CTU, but if you replace the textures with your own in TSRW, it should be fine. I made a dozen accessories with this method .
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 9:46 PM
Then I guess i'm save to try the CASP thingy out! ^-^ I'm using TSRW as well.

And thank you so much!