Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 3:17 PM
Bad Custom Content
Hey, so I have bad cc downloaded which for everyone seems to be pretty easy to get rid of, but what I don't understand is. I don't want to get rid of all my custom content. Is there any way to weed out the bad cc? I have loads of it downloaded. Please help!!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 14th Sep 2016 at 7:06 PM.
I know, huh? Some of the custom content like sims clothing makes it look like the sim was a victim in the "saw the lady in half" magic trick. Or there's clothing that isn't marked correctly and shows up in the wrong classification - like those shredded pants that show up in the naked outfit and every other clothing category. I can't tell what package to remove to get rid of them. You look in the launcher in installed content, and they don't show. {edit: because they're part of some other package, apparently}

Anyone with a good handle on how to manage CC? Edit: There was a mod that created a manager for this... Time paradox syndrome has messed up my memory...
Inventor
#3 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by destielisrad
Hey, so I have bad cc downloaded which for everyone seems to be pretty easy to get rid of, but what I don't understand is. I don't want to get rid of all my custom content. Is there any way to weed out the bad cc? I have loads of it downloaded. Please help!!

The best way to get rid of bad CC in CAS is to have NRaas mods (I think MasterController and additional modules + Dresser) and CTRL+click (left or right, I don't remember), you'll see a message pop-up. Then go to your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder where you'll find some ScriptError files. You need to open these files and copy the numbers next to Instance. Then you need to download NRaas Packer and scan the aforementioned (and all sub-folders) folder using the instance number you've copied. It'll display the content matching that number. You can now delete it. With objects you can do the same, except that to find the GUID of these objects, you'll need an additional mod like Sims MX Recategorization Helper (HERE). Using this tool you'll generate ScriptError files for Build/Buy objects (you don't have to use to recat anything).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:41 PM
Here's a link to a help blog that has tutorials on removing bad cc http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/catego...-content/bad-cc
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba
Here's a link to a help blog that has tutorials on removing bad cc http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/catego...-content/bad-cc

Wow! They also have info on how to fix "blue lot" disease, which is pretty common in some worlds like Neverglade. Thanks!! Before this, I obliterated whole thing - building AND the lot, and put something else there.
Site Helper
#6 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 8:53 PM
@Emmett Brown
I think the mod you were thinking of might be CC Magic? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 9:22 PM
Yeah. CCMagic. That's the one.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Wow! They also have info on how to fix "blue lot" disease, which is pretty common in some worlds like Neverglade. Thanks!! Before this, I obliterated whole thing - building AND the lot, and put something else there.

Yes, Crinrict's site is the best
Alchemist
#9 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 12:43 AM
My tip would be to download to your desktop, and if the file doesn't have a coherent name that describes what it is (I've found quite a few mods have names like 'akfhashi2315y2346yh402yt6iwjet.package'), rename it so you can remember what it is, before you install it. You should be able to remember what it was supposed to be, based off what does/doesn't show up in your game, and then go through and delete the stuff that didn't show up. It's tedious, but it's worth it, so you don't accidentally delete anything you wanted to keep.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:32 AM
I would recommand the Easy CASP editor, if most of your CAS parts CC were installed in Sims3pack format.
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1589/

Personally I prefer package files with CC magic, much easier to fix if something isn't working.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 6:36 PM
You could try googling S3PackageViewer it a program which allow to see if you have a bad CC inside a file.