Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 11:14 PM
Default SweetFX for Sims 2 - possible?
The idea came up randomly to use this for Sims2, and since the game is rather old it would be cool if it could be run with it. Unfortunately, neither of us knows the first thing about coding, and the web is very uninformative about the topic. So, it'd be great to find someone more knowledgeable who could give advise/ tell us whether it's at all possible to get the game to run with it, etc.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 6:47 PM
I've been giving this a shot using the SweetFX configurator linked here - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381912

I switched off all Nvidia card settings for Sims 2 prior to starting the configurator as advised in the comments thread linked in your post. So far, I have not gotten past the neighbourhood loading screen despite using a variety of settings, I get the "application has crashed" message appearing just as the hood is about to load.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:24 PM
Thank you for trying this, Slig.

Maybe I should have been clearer in my post. I am aware it won't run just as is; I tried that before posting. My question was more why it won't run/ whether there is a way to get it to run. It does work with Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:47 PM
It won't run because Sims2 doesn't like wrappers, it's possible it's using an overlay like Steam does. The SweetFX devs would have to figure this out unfortunately.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 1:35 PM
I see. Thank you, Slig.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 2:27 AM
Even though this thread is about 5 months old, it answered my question I had today. I did noticed that they have a SweetFX for The Sims 3 but not for The Sims 2

Please No Requests and do not send requests by PM. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664