Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:34 PM
It's probably your eyes reacting to that lime. Now I love lime myself but I suspect the one on the right would be more popular. I will take both though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:40 PM
I think the green Tshirt on the left is a little too bright. I like the one on the right a lot

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:41 PM
While I do love green, it's my favorite color, (hunter green to be specific). The green jacket on the lime green shirt ...bit hard on the eyes. I do however like the more subtle darker teal jacket on the lighter shirt.

On the green, it might be better if the jacket where green and the shirt was the cream color. Then make could make the pants the same dark green as the jacket.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:33 AM
The teal is lovely.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:53 AM
OK, so the one on the right is usable as-is, but the other one ... needs work. Thanks, folks.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
On the green, it might be better if the jacket where green and the shirt was the cream color. Then make could make the pants the same dark green as the jacket.

Is this something like what you had in mind?
Screenshots
Theorist
#32 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:25 AM
yeah ... like that better

however the pants seem like they lost their .. um.. what makes them round looking .. they look flat .. does that make sense? ..

compare this pic of black pants to your previous one... previous one was good

I like the green head bandana too
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 3:38 AM Last edited by dharden : 5th Feb 2015 at 8:41 PM.
Yeah, I'll take another swing at it.

Is this better?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 2:38 AM Last edited by dharden : 7th Feb 2015 at 3:27 PM. Reason: fix typo
I've done what I could about the flat-looking pants. I have to start with the white parts, which have gray and black shading that essentially gets washed out when a dark color is put on them. Anyway, latest attempt at green pants, plus attempt to match Yuxi's navy jacket. If they still look too flat, I don't know what else I can do. So far, recoloring the shoes remains beyond me -- sorry, CaliBrat.
Screenshots
Theorist
#35 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:02 AM
.. no worries ... I know you'll get it. As with anything.. just takes time and practice. I just wish I understood layers and stuff 'cuz then I'm sure I could do and be a whole lot better. Vastor, vector ... it's all greek to me :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:25 AM
.. no worries ... I know you'll get it. As with anything.. just takes time and practice. I just wish I understood layers and stuff 'cuz then I'm sure I could do and be a whole lot better. Vastor, vector ... it's all greek to me :D

I can do a few things with them, but wouldn't say I understand them.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#37 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 10:59 AM
I'm liking the look of some of those variations.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:27 PM
Thx, maxon. I'm aiming for 4-6, so if a couple of those are good as-is, I'm most of the way home.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 8:44 PM

I think I might be getting somewhere. At least, these shoes are supposed to be a dark green.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#40 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:15 PM
Well you can see they're a different colour from the trousers now though the green you have to squint for a bit. But, yes, it's there. I do like that green and cream combo on the top.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:16 AM
Yeah, the top's a keeper, the only question is which bottom to use with it. I'm tempted to leave well enough alone and go with this one; maybe lighten it a hair, but no more.

As for shoes, it's nice to know that I am starting to get somewhere.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#42 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:27 AM
I think the trousers/pants are too black, which is why you can't see much detail on them. I would lighten them, unless they look better in game.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:24 AM
They don't look bad in game, but do look better lightened a little. I think they could maybe go a bit lighter, but not too much.

Here's a prelim in-game shot. I know the outdoor lighting doesn't show the jackets to best advantage; I'll try to do something about that for release. Anyway, left jacket, center trousers, and left and center shoes are Yuxi's, all else is mine.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 6:10 AM
Done and uploaded. Thx, folks, for the feedback and advice.
Page 2 of 2