Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 3:36 AM
What I love about TS3, even though I fully admit that TS2 is the better game in many other ways, is that there is so much more to do in the TS3 world than any other Sims game. I've played the game since 2009 and I still haven't done about 60% of the things there are to do in game, maybe even 75%! I have a whole list of scenarios I want to try. I want to play a farmer sim growing all my own crops and making a career out of that, I want to play a hitman/woman Sim in a seedy custom world, causing mayhem. I want to run my own resort, my own bakery, play the Firefighter career to completion, play a homeless Sim challenge, play a Sim family until they become millionaires. There's so much I still have to do with the game, I don't think I'll get tired of it until TS6!
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 9:00 PM
Just thought I'd share one good thing about TS4 - I love that creators are making objects from that game and converting it to TS3. I have downloaded all (or most) of the TS4 conversions into my TS3 game. I'm not talking about clothes but buy stuff- kitchens, living rooms, deco items, etc. Everytime I hear about a new patch, GS, SP or EP for Sims 4, I wait until the creators start converting those items into TS3 and download it So.. thank you TS4 for new goodies. Now if I could find a creator that makes build items from TS4 converted to TS3 I'll be happy.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#28 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 11:32 PM
I feel the same way! Just downloaded another of Sandy's awesome TS4to3 kitchen conversions. Keep the game away but keep the content conversions coming! :D
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 11:28 AM
I'm addicted to MySimrealty's world's and all the things to do and find and discover. Sims 4 fell flat for me. Flat, dull and boring.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:04 PM
I've been downloading TS4 conversions for TS3 and plan on installing them.I also enjoyed playing one of my legacies earlier.
Theorist
#31 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Just thought I'd share one good thing about TS4 - I love that creators are making objects from that game and converting it to TS3. I have downloaded all (or most) of the TS4 conversions into my TS3 game. I'm not talking about clothes but buy stuff- kitchens, living rooms, deco items, etc. Everytime I hear about a new patch, GS, SP or EP for Sims 4, I wait until the creators start converting those items into TS3 and download it So.. thank you TS4 for new goodies. Now if I could find a creator that makes build items from TS4 converted to TS3 I'll be happy.

Oh! My! Gosh! I checked out Around the Sims yesterday and saw all these kitchen conversions and about flipped! I even sent her a donation so I could download them in one go. These are great!

Now I need to go on a search for more conversions.

To the OP: yes, I actually have a much deeper appreciation of TS3 than I've ever had before. Seeing how low they can go with TS4 (I bought it and tried to play it, but think it's just not a good simulation) just makes me appreciate the effort they put into TS3. It has some major issues and can be a pain at times, but still, I'll take it any day of the week over the Olympus leftovers they're trying to shove off onto people.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 6:35 AM
I haven't played TS2 since, geez, 2010? 2009? I had been using my dad's computer but it went to crap and no more sims When I finally got a decent computer of my own, I'd already bought TS3 on steam during a sale, so that's the only sims I've been playing for the past 2-3 years. I haven't played TS1 since maybe 2007? My god, did I love those games. Maybe I should try playing them again.

I played TS4 during Origin's free 48 hour thing they did a while ago, I spent an hour making two sims, I liked grabbing their faces and making them that way, I liked the different walk styles, I didn't understand or like the new personalities/traits system, I hated not being able to customize colors. I liked that you could layer tops, wear hats without messing up their hair and generate parents/siblings/children that look similar but not identical. For the actual gameplay? I liked the multitasking and the lots of skills but that was literally it. I generally disliked the game, so I don't own it. The thing that put me off the VERY most was all of the loading screens! Send sim across street to visit neighbors, loading screen. Switch to other sim, loading screen. Switch back to first sim, loading screen. Go back home, loading screen. WTF?? They were all almost a minute long, too! Exit game, uninstall. :/

Icon made by me!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 12:11 PM
I've been enjoying TS3 and I play in empty custom worlds where I have to add the buildings and place the rabbit holes which means the school isn't placed right away since I've got home schooling through NRaas Mods.I've been forced to play heavy on the Mods and CC with 88 NRaas Mod files installed and there's no lag in my games.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 10:35 PM
Oh, I play 3, and occasionally 2. I initially wasn't going to get TS3 until I saw the base game for $20 at GameStop and decided to give it a try, and then decide if I wanted any EPs.

Now I have several EPs.

I've heard that TS4 is better described as TS1.5.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I've heard that TS4 is better described as TS1.5.

It is in a metaphorical way. It seems like the last 10 years of progression never happened.

Anyway, now that I've got a new computer, TS3 is pretty much the only version of the game I'm playing at the moment.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Oh! My! Gosh! I checked out Around the Sims yesterday and saw all these kitchen conversions and about flipped! I even sent her a donation so I could download them in one go. These are great!

Now I need to go on a search for more conversions.

We also have stuff converted from TS4 and TS3 for the Sims 2. I love the all in one bathroom from TS3 that Veranka converted for Sims 2, I use it quite a lot on community lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 12:10 AM
I still play sims 3 a few times a week, It would be more if I had the time.
Sim's 2 open for business get's played quite a lot too, How I wished that they made that a real addon for sim's 3, I love running my shop

As for sim's 4, as soon as I saw the neighbourhood and the loading every time you want to go somewhere I thought, "Is it too late to return it?" - It was.
So yeah sims 4 rarely get's fired up on my PC, Shame really, the character creator isn't bad.
#38 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:28 PM
After my partial scare with my fan dying i'm planning on getting a gaming pc and converting to ts3 so i've pretty much been reading/researching everything I would need to know beforehand and gathering essentials so I can just start right away this fall. I've had the base game for years just havent been able to play it on this one though sims 2 runs fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 3:11 PM
I've been a sims 3 player since 2012 and haven't been able to stop playing the game, well I have had breaks for a few months every now and then. once I started playing the sims 3, I couldn't get back into the sims 2 and I have played the sims 4 but couldn't get into it so I stopped playing the sims 4. I will always be a sims 3 player until the computer can't handle the game any more or until I get sick of the game.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Alchemist
#40 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 3:27 PM
Isn't the question who doesn't play The Sims 3 nowadays?
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gnasher316
I still play sims 3 a few times a week, It would be more if I had the time.
Sim's 2 open for business get's played quite a lot too, How I wished that they made that a real addon for sim's 3, I love running my shop

As for sim's 4, as soon as I saw the neighbourhood and the loading every time you want to go somewhere I thought, "Is it too late to return it?" - It was.
So yeah sims 4 rarely get's fired up on my PC, Shame really, the character creator isn't bad.

You mean Sims 4 loading time is notorious? I thought 12 minutes load time on TS3 is horrible.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
#42 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
You mean Sims 4 loading time is notorious? I thought 12 minutes load time on TS3 is horrible.

My computer is a bit quicker than 12 minutes but it is still a long time. But the kewl thing is, once it's running there are no more swirly plumbobs of wait every time you try to go across the street.

What's needed is a mod that allows you to click the icon on your desktop to start the game, doesn't require you to select your last saved game and just starts it, and then pauses when the last saved game is ready to go.

That way you can click the icon, go get your snacks, hit the restroom, find your slippers, pet the dog and read "War and Peace" while it is loading.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 8:23 PM Last edited by HarVee : 27th Aug 2015 at 1:02 AM.
Games that have an open design structure and mod-support tend to last a long time. As long as the game can still run on newer systems and there is a community of mod creators, I can realistically see people still playing TS3 in June 2019 (TS3 10th Anniversary).

I have all add-ons for both and The Sims 4 load screens are actually quite quick (20secs on my PC) compared to TS3 (4mins on my PC), it's just the load screens appear more often throughout game play which annoy most people.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#44 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 6:49 AM

12 minutes is horrible?? Mine takes 1 hour and a half to load... 1 hour if it's in WA world.

Just call me Nikel
Page 2 of 2