Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 7:21 PM
Default EA/Maxis already planning TS4...without CC?!
Yes that's right. Those greedy bastards that made TS3 so bad now is going to building upon the TS3 game formula and going to be coding the game so that CC or those lovely little mods we all love will be non-existent. Apparently they thought TS3 was so successful (after pumping out well over $300 worth of EPs, some of which not making any sense...I mean come on, Katy Perry has one...?!) so they have a whole 'nother game in the making. I just hope they bring back the magic and family warmth of TS2 and get rid of those ugly faces...

Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:58 PM
Burn it with fire?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HylianWolf
Yes that's right. Those greedy bastards that made TS3 so bad now is going to building upon the TS3 game formula and going to be coding the game so that CC or those lovely little mods we all love will be non-existent. Apparently they thought TS3 was so successful (after pumping out well over $300 worth of EPs, some of which not making any sense...I mean come on, Katy Perry has one...?!) so they have a whole 'nother game in the making. I just hope they bring back the magic and family warmth of TS2 and get rid of those ugly faces...

Any thoughts?

One reason why I didn't buy Sims 3 was the CC issue. It wasn't a main reason ... many modders and creators put out some great items, despite EA's clumsy attempt to curb free CC (the main reason I didn't buy the PC game is that I STILL don't know if my video card could support the game after people with the card reported problems running Sims 3) ... but I did find the matter to be irritating.

Many people seem to like Sims 3, BTW. It seems to have done well, I guess. But if this news about Sims 4 is true, it makes sense ... unfortunately.

As for my response ... if I don't even know if my computer would run Sims 3, i sure as hay-ell am not going to get Sims 4. It's too expensive to be EA's beta tester ... on MY dime. And playing with EA's limited free content would probably bore me to tears. Quickly.

But ... I wouldn't be surprised if someone worked around Sims 4 in time, just like people did with Sims 3.

Where did you find this info? Link, please?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:37 AM
The Sims is **** to what it used to be, maybe just do an enhanced version of the original Sims, fixing the bugs and implementing the good building and open world from TS3 and all the other awesome stuff (apartments, weather, OFB, uni, etc.) as well as life states from TS2, and actually in decent brands if you are gonna do them (H&M and IKEA not Katy Perry and Diesel!) And actually bother to implement good CC making tools at the start with a friendly user interface (like BodyShop) that's what I want EA make it happen please.
That or give the series back to MaXis.

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 12:24 AM
oh no! I so much preffered the sims 2 to ts3, but a sims 4 without cc? that's rediculous. i would highly agree that cc is one of the best features in the game along with it being one of my favourites. i hope they make the gameplay spectacular if they're making such a decision. let's be fingers crossed for an amazing graphic display which makes cc impossible! (do we have enough faith in them for this?)

Quote:
you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

ウワァァ━━━。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。━━━ン!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 12:26 AM
you know what has made me furious with EA is that when i bought sims 3 online over origin, when i system restored my laptop it wiped the game off my computer but they also deleted it from my origin library and said they have no record of my purchase!! 30 pounds down the drain :c

Quote:
you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

ウワァァ━━━。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。━━━ン!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 9:48 AM
sorry for late reply guys...that is an unconfirmed rumor circulating around the internet, so think what you will, i'd believe it since EA made TS3 so hard to mod in the first place...
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Artimis : 1st Oct 2012 at 5:57 PM.
sorry for late reply guys...that is an unconfirmed rumor circulating around the internet, so think what you will, i'd believe it since EA made TS3 so hard to mod in the first place...

I am not a creator of content for sims 3 but as someone who did have cc on it. I find it hard to put anything on sims 3 cc wise as it needs to be compatilde to not just the expanison or stuff pack but to the patch as well. After all the trouble I had with getting adout 5 pieces of cc into my game only to lose it all when I installed another expaniosn and with a more recent installtion I now have no cc on my game espically after loads of prodlems with cc on sims 2.

EA will kill the sims series if there is no way for sims 4 to have cc in it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 9:50 PM

Any thoughts?

I'm with you!
I love playing with toddlers, but sims 3 toddlers are (I just can't describe it) so I'm a sims 2 simmer. If they want to be really succesfull (with sims 4) they need to go back to sims 2 and start all over from there
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 7:09 PM
I think it is just a rumour, however, EA (and Maxis, of course) Never could do this for us... Game without CC is... :c
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:44 PM
Don't know if it's true, but I would not be surprised. EA is jsut one of those companies that does not really care about it's loyal players, but rather about increasing their profit margin even more.

I think ts4 is just going to be the next level of sims 3. It really is a lot of stuff, but it is so much that they did not make any of it any good, and my idea is that it will be even more bug riddled.

But that's just my prediction (which I based on absolutly nothing but my own common sense).
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 12:16 AM
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vickylocaxlossims
I'm with you!
I love playing with toddlers, but sims 3 toddlers are (I just can't describe it) so I'm a sims 2 simmer. If they want to be really succesfull (with sims 4) they need to go back to sims 2 and start all over from there
Not really.... They can just add CC and more.... And add the things that the games need...?