Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Help
crashes
This is getting so frustrating, my game crashed and now won't load at all. Deleted all cache files and still won't load. I have a Alienware laptop that I just purchased with windows 7 so I don't know why it keeps crashing. Please help I love the sims 3 and want to keep playing.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:28 PM
Do you have any mods installed? What patch are you on?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Do you have any mods installed? What patch are you on?

I have the latest patch and I have already uninstalled mods and reinstalled them still nothing, I have tried everything.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ghluver4u
I have the latest patch and I have already uninstalled mods and reinstalled them still nothing, I have tried everything.

What mods are they? Are they for your patch level? Do you have more than one core mod (i.e. ErrorTrap, AwesomeMod, etc.)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 10:54 PM
found the problem, roofs that I got from modthesims were bad. Sucks I liked the colors lol.

I have no mods installed in my game......they are all the package files I am having trouble with. I get in the game and then it corrupts more package files each time so that I am constantly having to put one by one in again..GETS irritating lol
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 3:15 AM
That... Shouldn't be happening. People more familiar with the technical aspects of the game than I, can the game even modify the package files inside the Mods folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
That... Shouldn't be happening. People more familiar with the technical aspects of the game than I, can the game even modify the package files inside the Mods folder?

I had to delete a bunch of my package file that I downloaded from this site but its fine my game worked for a little while, once I exited out It won't load again. The mailbox cheat isn't working anymore for me I am not even receiving mail .
Field Researcher
#8 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 4:23 AM
Have you used Delphy's Dashboard to check for 'unbecoming' packages?

PS: Yes, the game have NO ability to modify .package files.

I'm suspecting something more sinister...

Do you have antivirus on your computer?

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
#9 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 5:23 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 12th Jan 2015 at 7:18 AM.
I had to delete a bunch of my package file that I downloaded from this site but its fine my game worked for a little while, once I exited out It won't load again. The mailbox cheat isn't working anymore for me I am not even receiving mail .

I think you should reconsider calling out creators until you are absolutely sure that content from here has borked your game. It's only good manners after all. And if you find that the roofs you referred to aren't to blame you should say so for the sake of the creator's reputation. Furthermore, if you are absolutely certain that a piece of custom content you downloaded from here is a problem you should contact the creator of the content via pm to alert them to the situation.

Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
I think you should reconsider calling out creators until you are absolutely sure that content from here has borked your game. It's only good manners after all. And if you find that the roofs you referred to aren't to blame you should say so for the sake of the creator's reputation. Furthermore, if you are absolutely certain that a piece of custom content you downloaded from here is a problem you should contact the creator of the content via pm to alert them to the situation.

Thanks

First of all I wasn't blaming anyone from this site, all I said was I had to delete all my package files that were downloaded from the site. There is nothing wrong with them as actual creations there is just a conflict in the game somewhere with the mods folder being there so I took it out. Yes, I do have a antivirus protector on here but this is a new computer and I didn't have one on my other computer and the problem was there. I will keep adding one by one of the package files back in to see which one actually conflicts with each other. Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not was I was trying to do. Where do I find Delphy Dashboard so I can use it to see. Thanks for the help.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 12:22 AM