Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2901 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
Just to get it right.... we can choose between 5 themes, when it's chosen, we can vote within this theme for only ONE of those listed features?

Basically yes. But instead of an additional vote for the gameplay this survey lets you rank all themes and gameplay ideas now, and in the end only the top feature is promised to be in it.

Quote:
You will have the opportunity to rank the features within the themes, and then rank the themes themselves. The top-ranked theme and the top-ranked feature within that theme will become the core of our new Stuff Pack! Other gameplay from the chosen theme may be included in the final Stuff Pack, but only the top-ranked gameplay feature is guaranteed.
Source
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2902 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 1:43 PM
Can you make a vote via within a game?

Sucks we hasn't had a pack equivalent to Moschino. Such a missed opportunity (eye-lips-eye emoji)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#2903 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 2:59 PM
I put so much money in sims 4... I play sims since i am 9/10 years old and started with sims 1. I love (or loved it...) the sims series. I frequently play ts 2 on my laptop and sims 3 on my "gaming" pc. When I bought the sims 4 base game I was really looking forward into playing the new sims style and with the (in my opinion) cute graphic and oh boiiii... i was so bored after not even an hour and I was so sad about feeling disappointed ): I really gave it a try... so my boyfriend gave me get to work as a christmas present back then... and oh boiiiii what a tiny bit of content for an expansion pack.
I have to admit, I bought Get together and I think 2 or 3 other ep's, some gp's and some stuff packs... because I was stupid and hoped: Maybe it get's interesting with new content. Oh boiiiii, i was so stupid ):
after seasons I stopped buying sims 4 packs, because I am too sad now to constantly get disappointed. EA in general is a greedy company and only sees money, money money... it's not about a nice game anymore... it's just money... but it represents the humankind in general very well... but that's another topic...
But to get to my point why I asked, if we get only ONE of all those tiny choices... wtf is going on? ): I don't understand why we have to choose between let's say knitting and pottery? One tiny object and that's it? For how long is Sims 4 out now? It still feels so empty and unfinished to me ):
I am not angry... (maybe i should be)... it's worse to me... I am sad about all this. I am sad what happened to a game that showed big gameplay improvements from sims 1 over 2 to 3...
And to be honest... I maybe should act like sims 4 have never ever happened...
Top Secret Researcher
#2904 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 8:21 PM
Finishing order of preference after the first round:

1. Arts and Crafts
2. Happy Haunts
3. Self Care
4. Science & Technology
5. Fun Tech

Within Arts and Crafts, the preferences were: 1. knitting, 2. sculpting, 3. glass fabrication, 4. edible art, 5. embroidery.
Instructor
#2905 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 10:58 PM
What Sims 4 reminds me of are those magazines which give you a part of an object each month, eventually making a plane, ship, spacecraft etc., It takes a very long time to finish the object but you get to read the magazine. You don't realise how much you are spending! I can see Sims 4 lasting well into the future.................................
Alchemist
#2906 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 12:09 AM
oh wow the right theme with the best item/hobby won, has to be a first! I was sure the damn fitness one would win

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2907 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
oh wow the right theme with the best item/hobby won, has to be a first! I was sure the damn fitness one would win

However could you be tired of the fitness packs we have!? You make it sound like it's another outdoors pack. Heaven forbid we get ANOTHER pack about partying.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2908 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 3:58 AM
A shame the stuff pack is going to only have one activity; a pack with knitting, sculpting and glass fabrication would have been more substantial.
Top Secret Researcher
#2909 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 4:19 AM
Default A Knitting pack?
Unless you can knit a time machine, I am not gonna buy this.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2910 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
A shame the stuff pack is going to only have one activity; a pack with knitting, sculpting and glass fabrication would have been more substantial.

I bet knitting will require a 3x3 object for some reason instead of a Sims just sitting in any chair and knitting.

Mad Poster
#2911 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 6:35 AM

Didn't I see it will have pottery and some other things also? There is no way folks will buy a pack just for knitting, that is for sure.
dodgy builder
#2912 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 6:35 AM
Well, it's a good thing I don't have to buy another pack. I've used way too much money as it is.
Mad Poster
#2913 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 6:36 AM
I have skipped several packs and this one does not call to me yet and may never will. Too busy in 3 right now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2914 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Didn't I see it will have pottery and some other things also? There is no way folks will buy a pack just for knitting, that is for sure.

I’ve seen “I bought this pack just for the <something mundane>” so much over the year.

Mad Poster
#2915 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 2:16 PM
Į think it would been better if instead of Arts & Craft there was an option for Whimps of Wicked Romance choice.

On serious note, I can't wait how much superficial the won pack will deliver on. Theme very little katter for me, since it comes second before on an actual deliver. Any concept can be made interesting or boring, which all of it deoends how it's delivered. If there's no real benefit to partake in said activity, by that meaning your Sim being rewarded for honing such a skill with no reused end-goal prices, then why should I spend my money over FreeTime? Į expect gameplay to meet my expectations if I gonna sell it on a pack that should justify the 10$ price.

Scholar
#2916 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 4:57 PM
Arts & Crafts makes me think of the Hobby EP from Sims 2, where you could make your own teapot holders, etc. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they made something like this, but also made it so that you could display the stuff you make in a retail store and sell it. You know, get a bit closer to Open for Business. (Doubtful, but still.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2917 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Arts & Crafts makes me think of the Hobby EP from Sims 2, where you could make your own teapot holders, etc. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they made something like this, but also made it so that you could display the stuff you make in a retail store and sell it. You know, get a bit closer to Open for Business. (Doubtful, but still.)

Freetime and Open For Business go together so well. So well in fact it became Ambitions in TS3.

EA could never properly replicate hobbies and businesses together properly. They feel so apart from one another but TS2 nailed it.

Business alone? Fine.
Hobby alone? Fine.
Hobby-Based home business? Perfect.
Hobby Based Retail Sweat Shot Where Sims Helpless Produce Teddy Bears At A Steep Markup? Winning.

Mad Poster
#2918 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I bet knitting will require a 3x3 object for some reason instead of a Sims just sitting in any chair and knitting.

I wonder if they're going to make it a station like every other activity they've done, as it seems easier than designing another multi-tasking system. I have yet to see a particular system that they can clone for this, but plenty of objects that they can do so to.

It will be an unavoidable rocking chair where you sims will sit in and coo on all grandma-like no matter the age!
Mad Poster
#2919 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 9:48 PM
I wonder if they're going to make it a station like every other activity they've done, as it seems easier than designing another multi-tasking system. I have yet to see a particular system that they can clone for this, but plenty of objects that they can do so to.

It will be an unavoidable rocking chair where you sims will sit in and coo on all grandma-like no matter the age!

Now that you mention it, there are knitting machines, even for hobby use, but I hope they stick to the hobby, arts and crafts theme and give us hand knitting with yarn and needles. To make it really awesome, they should also add a lama that our sims can shear to collect wool from it.

Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto

I think it will be possible to sell stuff made by our sims because they said we could give them away as presents.
Field Researcher
#2920 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

And not just any 3x3 object -- a completely enclosed 3x3 object.

Because, you know, animation is hard.

On the bright side, no one will be squealing on YouTube about how CUTE this totally enclosed 3x3 object is. Right?

Right?
Mad Poster
#2921 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 12:35 AM
A knitting rabbit hole! LOL
Scholar
#2922 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
A knitting rabbit hole! LOL

Wouldn't be too much of a surprise. Like "Knitting Classes", with a few chance cards thrown in, definitely the easiest/laziness way.

Actually before Parenthood, other than school and the careers, there were very few rabbit-holes.
Mad Poster
#2923 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 2:13 AM Last edited by daisylee : 1st Dec 2019 at 1:04 AM.
You can work yourself up from stab yourself with needle to knitting esteemed expert! LOL
Theorist
#2924 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 7:27 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 1st Dec 2019 at 2:52 AM.
We had a collective choice between Astronomy & Portable Telescope, A Grim Reaper Freelancer Career, and Knitting. And we managed to choose fucKiNG KNITTING?!

I quit.

EDIT: ... I guess we have a lot of knitting fans on this forum...
Mad Poster
#2925 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
We had a collective choice between Astronomy & Portable Telescope, A Grim Reaper Freelancer Career, and Knitting. And we managed to choose fucKiNG KNITTING?!

I quit.

What difference if it and one of the other won? Would and will still have end up looking like diarrhea.

Page 117 of 141