Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

UPDATE! Soul-Full Afro, a KittyKlan Half-Braided Fro Edit (Child to Elder)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 926 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 71,082 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 12th Jan 2014 at 8:45 PM
Updated: 12th May 2019 at 12:53 AM - Fixed Hair
Please GIVE THANKS and FAVORITE if you like! And also let me know if you have any problems. Thank you! :lovestruc

UPDATE 2014-01-27: I fixed a few things.
  • On the left side of the forehead, you could still see the braids. I forgot to edit both face and scalp diffuse for my edit; so that is now fixed
  • I fixed the crashing problem. It was because of the male and child packages. When I packaged them in DABOOBS, I used the instance of the from the adult textures. So basically, if you don't have the adult hair package with the male and or child package, the game would crash. I have fixed this by packaging them together.
  • I added a new control.

Hello Everyone!

First, let me say a big THANK YOU to robokitty (aka Kittyklan) for creating her Half-Braided Fro. I fell IN LOVE with this hair immediately! However, I wished that it was a full fro. I was going to ask if it were possible for her to do a full fro, but she was busy. So, I asked for permission to make a full hair, and several months later, I got a yes! I was thrilled!

What I did was copy and edit planes from the right side of the fro, to the left. I had to do this about a thousand times because I kept messing up. I finally got it right. I also got rid of the cornrows.

This is a new mesh. You can have both the original half-braided hair and my mesh in your game at the same time (if you game can handle it).
I kept robokitty's textures and control, but I am using Anubis's hair colors (link below).

Enough talking, here is the hair. And yes, I know. This is a big hair.
And yes, again, the nose. Nothing i can do about it.

I will do smaller versions soon.

Details

You can find this in "Hair" in Create-a-Sim (CAS)
Total Polycount: 18625
Base Game Compatible
Categories: Everyday, Formal, Sleep, Athletic, Swim, Outdoor, Naked, Maternity, & Career
Channels: 4 Channels, but only 3 Channels appear visible. The Base and Highlight Channels "blend". It was like that in the original textures.
Textures: I didn't change the textures from the original package, so it is still the same.

I SERIOUSLY recommend (completely optional) downloading Le Pallette ~ Hair Colors by Anubis360. All of the color channels perfectly match the hair. You can also use any other hair colors you wish.

Custom Content in Photos (not necessary for hair to work)

Turtleneck Dress - Modish Kitten
Clarity Skin - Capital Sims
Subtle Freckles Bluss - Gosik
Lipstick Crystal Wave - Levitas
EYES for eye-coholics - Shady (Version 1)
3D EyeLashes - S-Club
Default Replacement Brows - Simple Life

Other clothes are from the game.

Polygon Counts:
LOD0 - 10512
LOD1 - 5234
LOD2 - 2627
LOD3 - 252

Additional Credits:
Thank you CmarNYC, HystericalParoxysm, & Ameenah for all of the testing and advice. I really appreciated it.

Thank you robokitty for letting me do this to your precious hair.

DABOOBS, QADPE, s3pe, Milkshape, Photoshop, a crap load of tutorials.