Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:59 PM
Default Am I paranoid? ERSB Violation checks?
browsing the help command with testingcheatsenabled=1 I ran across
Quote:
esrbchecks [all|clothing|children] [on|off] Turns periodic ESRB violation checks on or off. Assumes all if type omitted. Toggles if on/off omitted.

...admittedly this could be some sort of testing tool and is not enabled by default in the game, I'm just curious what the heck it could be checking for. Let alone how.
It could also be a gag command like enablellamas, flipping it to on doesn't seem to do anything initially.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:22 PM
I noticed that one too, and wondered what the heck it could be about.
Was too chicken to fiddle with it, lol

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:13 PM
It sounds like a poke at Teen Preg mods, if you ask me. o_O
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:28 PM
Damn. Not in the "curses, foiled again" sense but in the "is this really the direction EA wants to go" sense. 3rd-party mods are NOT their responsibility. No modder or player with sense holds EA responsible for cc compatibility, and the compact of non-support is actually written into EA's user agreements. They are absolved of responsibility for anything YOU add to your game. So why do they want to stick their noses into it, in a way that suggests they could be held legally responsible for the content some randy 13-year-old adds to his or her game without parental permission? Is this move coming from the ESRB rather than EA?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 3:41 AM
I don't think there is reason to be alarmed, it's part of the debug/testing settings and may have been a joke among the dev team.

What it purports to "check" is extremely vauge... TSM is rated for
"Crude Humor
Sexual Themes
Use of Alcohol
Violence"

The command claims to have filters for children and clothing.
So what could they be checking for, and how would they do it? Seriously, I think it's a gag command.
Theorist
#6 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:02 AM
The ESRB thing is there since TS3, not sure what it does, though. But I know Pescado disabled it with Awesomemod which I've been using since the beginning, so I have no idea what's changed.