Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:52 PM
I guess that means Lunar Lakes is finally out. Is anybody thinking of making a tomb for this new world (the mummy research facility on this site might be suitable.) There could have been aliens on the planet at one time, and they could have left behind some ruins. There could also be a krypt for Bella Goth. Did anybody examine that weird hexagonal maze yet? The site should be a park of sorts and should be relatively flat. I bet there is plenty of space beneath the hexagon for a massive and very bizarre dungeon. We could say that the place is an ancient genetics lab where the sims species was created by the aliens. Due to that lofty purpose (if you consider sims to be valuable,) the alien dungeon should be quite large and bear resemblance to both a high-tech facility and a temple. The mines that are in the area would make for some good underground exploration places, and one of them could be a massive dungeon. The worlds of The Sims 3 can have room for many tombs, so the explorational aspect of the Might and Magic series can be duplicated by using many worlds and Twallan's traveling mod. Now all we need is traps that can actually kill sims and monsters of various types...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
HOW to get the Tree of Prosperity? WHERE to find it? I'm in desperate mode now..

It's in Buy mode, under Decor, in Plants, Misc Decor and Sculptures. It's also in the Outside category under Lawn Ornaments and Outdoor activities. And it's in Entertainment under the all category.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:02 PM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 17th Feb 2012 at 3:27 PM.

Did we have these donuts, cupcake, marshmallow and space cookies from grocery store?
I think the world is kinda unique, many things make me think EA's world/house builder really *care* and put effort into it, the portal rabbit hole, terrain/water's color pallet, pattern's mix and match, colorful/weird clothing and not-so-ugly sims, the minimalist/modern house design (that reminds me a lot of QBUILDERZ/Qbaliki. The three upright mountain/volcano peeks are very beautiful.
While the amount of new objects is really a shame, it's still EA's most original world so far and much much better than Hidden Spring or Barnacle Bay. Unluckily, since Pets, I've been totally into shabby/country barn/hut...It could be a big attraction if they added aliens or ufo though.
Scholar
#129 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:05 PM
i have seen the donut beforebut not the spaceship
Instructor
#130 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:19 PM
I'm pretty disappointed now. I've never actually bought anything from the Store before. But apparently you can't just buy a certain number of points?
I like how EA has it set to "2,200" points so that you have to spend money on either the 2,000 and 1,000 bundles or the 4,000 bundle. /obvioussarcasm
Either way, you're giving them more than just $20 for it. No thanks. I have more important things to buy with $30-$40. You know. Like food. And electricity.

Oh well. Guess I'll be missing out.
Just like how I missed out with Riverview, when they decided that somehow my game (which was store bought) was an "illegal" version and screwed it up. Removing Riverview and then trying to get me to re-buy it after I re-bought all of the expansions and basegame. Um. No.

It really does look cool. ;___;
Mad Poster
#131 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:26 PM
It used to be less, but EA hates us.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:50 PM
I actually really want this world now. The smaller rabbitholes are something I can completely get behind, and with the ample possibilities for tombs.

Damn my disappeared Store account. Answer my emails, EA Help team! How am I to spend money on your digital content if I can't access my account?
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:34 PM
There are a few custom-made rabbit holes on this site that are rather small (4x4 is the maximum space taken up by them,) but there are some uses for the portal rabbit holes. That spaceship most certainly stands out and is the only rabbit hole in Lunar Lakes that isn't a portal.

I didn't even know there were donuts in The Sims 3.

Like I said, that hexagonal maze and the mines make for good places to build HUGE dungeons that are the ruins of an extraterrestrial race.

Did you know that there is an ancient deity named EA? This deity is the father of Marduk and the creator of the first human, according to ancient myths. He is also called Enki, and now you know why EA Games is the way it is. No wonder that company is so greedy and monopolizing.
Forum Resident
#134 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
Did we have these donuts, cupcake, marshmallow and space cookies from grocery store?
I think the world is kinda unique, many things make me think EA's world/house builder really *care* and put effort into it, the portal rabbit hole, terrain/water's color pallet, pattern's mix and match, colorful/weird clothing and not-so-ugly sims, the minimalist/modern house design (that reminds me a lot of QBUILDERZ/Qbaliki. The three upright mountain/volcano peeks are very beautiful.

What's funny is I _just_ found references to these in the ingredients.xml file buried in our gameplaydata.package. I do not have this world, so I guess they've had these things planned for a while. At least since the last patch.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#135 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:43 PM
The rainbow cookies are what the imaginary friends eat, but I've not seen the others before.

I have to say I'm really impressed with this world, I had a look around on a friend's computer, and managed to peek inside the world file too. I think it looks more worth the money than Hidden Springs or Barnacle Bay, so I may save up for it!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#136 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:51 PM Last edited by babele44 : 17th Feb 2012 at 10:17 PM.
A few questions to those who already have it:

- do those new rabbit holes register as such when you take a photo of them?
- are all spawners present?
- is the library properly equipped with skill and children's books?
- do those rabbit holes function properly with regard to opportunities?
- does MasterController show duplicate Sims?
- any signs of exaggerated numbers of celebrity inhabitants?

I've still not entirely recovered from my Barnacle Bay trauma, so any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Top Secret Researcher
#137 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox

The marshmallow is spawned when your sim roast food on a fire pit, never saw the rest. I had a one spawned in my cauldron by one of my guests, I'm keeping it preciously in the fridge
Would love to know how to get the donut and the cupcake, it would be handy for coffee shops and bakeries!
Scholar
#138 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:45 PM
i though some of those cookies came with ambitions and the bakers stand....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#139 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tasselcat
I actually really want this world now. The smaller rabbitholes are something I can completely get behind, and with the ample possibilities for tombs.

The rabbit hole portals are very convenient for small worlds with little space. Sure, it may suck that they all look exactly the same (except the science facility, since it's the spaceship), but in the long run, I am thankful for their size. As for tombs, the crystal mine could definitely make for a perfect tomb. It's a shame that you can't actually mine. Sims just go there to enjoy the "view."
Mad Poster
#140 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:08 AM
And here's a lounge...

Scholar
#141 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
The rabbit hole portals are very convenient for small worlds with little space. Sure, it may suck that they all look exactly the same (except the science facility, since it's the spaceship), but in the long run, I am thankful for their size. As for tombs, the crystal mine could definitely make for a perfect tomb. It's a shame that you can't actually mine. Sims just go there to enjoy the "view."

You know, there's more than one way those rabbitholes could pay off. It makes it a hell of a lot easier for people to stick them in the basement and build up bookstores/spas/etc around them.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
#142 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie

Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
You know, there's more than one way those rabbitholes could pay off. It makes it a hell of a lot easier for people to stick them in the basement and build up bookstores/spas/etc around them.

We already have that functionality with the rabbit-hole rugs and doors, so they aren't necessary. Personally, I think they are an ugly P.O.S. and am replacing them with the CC rabbit-holes as soon as possible. Considering how much of the world I've already re-built, I'm annoyed with myself for even getting it. The next step will be a CAW edit, Lord only knows what will change then.

P.S. Matrix54: Great lots! you should upload them somewhere. (hint, hint) So far, I've created a whopping three replacement lots. Granted, I did play another game for 8 hours...

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Scholar
#143 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:11 AM
I was really trying to give this neighborhood a fair attempt, but...oh god I hate it so much. It was okay from Map View but as soon as I zoomed in...

For one, I've *already* got sims getting stuck and unable to route out of places.

For two, there's...this...which is apparently what counts as scifi decor. (warning, wide image)

For three, there's the multiple seams running through the middle of town.

I can't even guess at what those are from, but they're even visible zoomed out.

And that's just what I noticed right off the bat. I'm also not crazy about the fact that the sim descriptions seem pretty half-a**ed. Most of them are maybe half a sentence long, if that, and along the lines of "This is ____. She likes painting."

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
P.S. Matrix54: Great lots! you should upload them somewhere. (hint, hint) So far, I've created a whopping three replacement lots. Granted, I did play another game for 8 hours...

Show me them. Now.

And I would upload them here, but all my lots get rejected. :p

Retired
retired moderator
#145 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 7:31 AM
Seams are just chunk boundaries. They're always difficult or impossible to hide.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#146 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 8:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zokugai

Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
We already have that functionality with the rabbit-hole rugs and doors, so they aren't necessary. Personally, I think they are an ugly P.O.S. and am replacing them with the CC rabbit-holes as soon as possible.

We do have the rugs and the doors, which is wonderful. I make use of those in every town I play.

There are, however, people who do not use content by anyone other that EA. These portals offer them the opportunity too. Pity really that EA didn't think to offer the option since the basegame.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Sandranym : 18th Feb 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
A few questions to those who already have it:

- do those new rabbit holes register as such when you take a photo of them?
- are all spawners present?
- is the library properly equipped with skill and children's books?
- do those rabbit holes function properly with regard to opportunities?
- does MasterController show duplicate Sims?
- any signs of exaggerated numbers of celebrity inhabitants?

I've still not entirely recovered from my Barnacle Bay trauma, so any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've only tested it yesterday for a very, very short time, so I can't answer all of your questions, but I do know yet:

- there are at least some spawners
- the library is equipped with skill books and (I hope I remember correctly) children's books
- I think there are quiet a lot of celebrities ... But I don't know what you call an exaggerated number
- I haven't seen duplicated sims with MC - but I wouldn't bet on it
Scholar
#148 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Show me them. Now.

And I would upload them here, but all my lots get rejected. :p

Try again. Now.

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
#149 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 2:28 PM
I have to finish the set first. :p

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#150 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandranym
I've only tested it yesterday for a very, very short time, so I can't answer all of your questions, but I do know yet:

- there are at least some spawners
- the library is equipped with skill books and (I hope I remember correctly) children's books
- I think there are quiet a lot of celebrities ... But I don't know what you call an exaggerated number
- I haven't seen duplicated sims with MC - but I wouldn't bet on it

Sorry, yes, I should have been more precise:
- Barnacle Bay has the "feature" that as soon as LN is installed every single resident has at least one celebrity point.
- it also suffers from a lack of seed spawners and no fish in the ponds
- the BB diner ship is not recognised as a diner with regard to the photography skill (the one in Twinbrook is the same as well as the Riverview spa rabbit hole)
- BB especially has a duplicate population of graveyard ghosts
- Bridgeport on the other hand had the problem that the new multi-purpose rabbit holes were not recognised with regard to opportunities (like delivery of produce opps, f.ex.). This was fixed with a patch, I know, but what about the new rabbit holes in LL?
Page 6 of 10