Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 8:37 PM
silly newbie Business questions
I've been playing Sims2 Deluxe and FreeTime for a while, but I got OfB this weekend and have some silly questions.
What is the top rank a business can have? Most things seem to have 10 levels, but I have a home based pottery and robot store that I ran for about 4 sim days, and it's already level 7. That may be because I have a gold pottery badge, max arts & crafts enthusiasm, etc.
Can I move my home based business to a community lot and keep my business rank, customer loyalty, etc.?
Can I move businesses from one commuity lot to another, provided I have bought a new lot?
How do I get the munchiebot to work? My hydrobot waters the flowers, the sentrybot randomly zaps customers (but it seems like that's the way Maxis would write it) and cleanbots are on, but they never seem to clean. I just can't figure out how to make the munchiebot make munchies. It's turned on and hovering above its platform. It's in the kitchen with a stove, stocked fridge, plenty of counter space, but I don't have the option to tell it to cook.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 8:41 PM
The Munchie bot makes food by you selecting it, and telling it to
I think its like "Make food" and "Make lots of food" or something, All I can remember is that you click on it to make the food instead of it being automatic!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 8:48 PM
I tried that. The only option I get from the munchiebot is "turn off" Maybe the option is in the fridge?
Theorist
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 8:59 PM
*Hirm*... I dunno then, I always thought it was on the Bot itself - sorry!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 9:50 PM
the munchie bot doesn't make food. it gets pizza or chinese when a sim's hunger is low.
the highest business rank is 10.
you can't move a home business to a community lot or vice versa because you'd have to close the business down and then restart it. closing causes you to lose your rank.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 10:06 PM
thanks so much! It's much clearer now!

[EDIT] I did not let my sim cook, and sure enough, when she was very hungry, I saw that a pizza had appeared on the kitchen counter. Yay munchie-bot!