Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 5:43 PM
Default Can my Sims be the next Wonka?
I was just wondering if it was at all possible for a Sim to become a professional Chocolatier?

I have a Sim family, one of whom is a Culinary carrer sim who has just been given the Schokolade 890 Chocolate Manufacturing Facility career reward,

I was wondering, would it be possibe to open up a shop selling these chocolates?

After all, the description does say:

Quote:
Fatten your Sims' bank account - and their friends and families too - with this finely engineered machine. Designed by world-renowned chocolatiers at Bavarian Meltonwerks, the Schokolade 890 produces high-quality chocolates that Sims can pop into their mouths or pop into a box and sell in the §7 billion a year chocolate industry!

I know that they can make residual income from the chocolates made when you sell them boxed in buy mode (just like you can sell, for example, Sim-made toys, paintings and flower arrangements), but I was wondering if it were possible to open a chocolate shop? I'm guessing it would work much in the same way as a bakery, placing the boxes of chocolate into the refridgerated counters. I'm just not sure if, like serving platters, you can make the chocolate boxes "sellable".

Has anybody else tried this? I just wanted to know if it worked before I wasted a load of money building a shop
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 5:47 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 6:05 PM
The chocolates from Parsimonious would also be helpful.

http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...Chocolate.shtml

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 9:50 PM
http://www.simwardrobe.com/ - other objects, candy crafting station.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 9:55 PM
Thanks Guys. Once I get this up and running, I shall post pictures.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 1:33 AM
Ok, I'm having trouble getting the custom content into my game. I have downloaded wallpapers and floors before, and they've loaded fine, but neither the chocolates nor the chocolate machine have appeared in my game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 2:01 AM
It's odd. I have gone through both guides and for the life of me cannot see what I am doing wrong. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the content.

Do you think the fact I have OFB but not Nightlife may affect things? (Given that a lot of OFB such as garages, the "pleasure" aspiration and some "aspiration" wants such as "slow dance all assume I have Nightlife)
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:07 PM
I'm just a noob, but it sounds like you may not have noticed you need CEP for objects. Walls and floors work no matter, but for objects you gotta get this thing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Madra002
I'm just a noob, but it sounds like you may not have noticed you need CEP for objects. Walls and floors work no matter, but for objects you gotta get this thing.

What is this CEP of which you speak?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 11:55 PM
Issues relating to downloading or installing custom content, or getting it to show up, don't belong here. If you follow the linked guides, it -will- work. There are no other fixes but what is listed there.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Issues relating to downloading or installing custom content, or getting it to show up, don't belong here. If you follow the linked guides, it -will- work. There are no other fixes but what is listed there.

Sorry, I never intended the conversation to take the root it did :sadpanda:
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 7:35 AM
CEP= color enabler package. Check it out here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92541
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 8:26 AM
You might want to check out Exnem's buyable and sellable cupcakes, too.

http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...buy_mode/foods/
xnm_food_cupcake001-016.rar

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
#15 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 9:33 PM
Isnt there a Career reward for making candy?
Yes there is a job for that I believe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JanePstar
Isnt there a Career reward for making candy?
Yes there is a job for that I believe.

Yeah, its for the Culinary career track. The problem I had, though, is that, like when you sell paintings, etc., these candy boxes just dissapear into the abyss and you cannot make them sellable. I'd love my Sims to own a chocolate shop.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 3:48 PM
XD id love to see someone make a copy of wonka's chocolate factory...

and as for chocolate selling, i also recommend www.simwardobe.com 's candy maker