Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 5:24 PM
Default My sim can't invite her best friend over
I want her to invite Kimberly over so she can ask her to move in.This way I can take control over Kim.I want to marry her to one of my sim males.Kathy can email her but she can't call her.Kim isn't on the phone so is there any other way she could invite her over?Kimberly is a waitress.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 6:02 PM
Do you have any hacks in game which might affect the phone/phone list?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 6:22 PM
No hacks or cc currently.If I have to I guess I could come close to clonning her in cas or bodyshop but she probebly wouldn't look exactly like her.I wish I had sims pe so I could extract her.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 6:27 PM
she does'nt have a phone?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 6:28 PM
In one of the expansion packs (was it Bon Voyage? I can't remember...) there was a bug which resulted in sims not being able to call service NPCs- the maid, the waiters/waitresses, the mail carrier, etc. The patch for that EP should fix the problem.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ranta
In one of the expansion packs (was it Bon Voyage? I can't remember...) there was a bug which resulted in sims not being able to call service NPCs- the maid, the waiters/waitresses, the mail carrier, etc. The patch for that EP should fix the problem.

It was in FreeTime (both the bug and the fix). If this is the problem and you don't have the patch (and don't want to/can't get the patch (for whatever reason)), SimWardrobe has a fix on their website (found here), found under Sims 2 -> Fixes -> FreeTime and it's at the bottom of the page.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 6:54 PM
Why not use one of the summoners, like in Insim or one of the hacks by Inge? Are you against using hacks/mods? There's also a mod on MTS2 - which is down now - that lets NPCs keep memories when they are made selectable in game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 7:02 PM
I thought when I installed apartment life it automatically installed all the patches.I'm not against mods I may try insim.Is the sims wardrobe one campatible with apartment life?Also do these go in the download folder?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 7:15 PM
No the patch just came out yesterday or the day before. I have insim - I have to check if its updated. But yest, just in the dl folder or some of these mods have an installer which places everything in the right folder.

Edit: Yes, insim is updated for AL.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
I thought when I installed apartment life it automatically installed all the patches.I'm not against mods I may try insim.Is the sims wardrobe one campatible with apartment life?Also do these go in the download folder?

The "checking to see if it's up to date" thing that runs after installing EPs does NOT patch your game in 99% of cases. I had to reinstall all my EPs and SPs when I got a new PC and I think -one- thing ended up patched as a result. Download and install ALL the patches for each EP you have - and any SPs you have too, if they have patches available.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 7:24 PM
Inge's teleporter is updated for AL and is a smaller mod than Insim:

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm
Scholar
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 10:43 PM
In TS2 the EPs do not patch each other. This is why you can install them in any order you like - they do not carry the patches for the previous EP so the installation order does not matter. They patch the base game (by updating objects and sims, etc) but not each other. You need to install the official patches from EA's Sims 2 site.

What you are all thinking of is that the expansion packs in the original Sims game used to patch each other. This is not the case with TS2. Different game, different rules for patching. EA/Maxis just confused the issue by calling the updating of the base game "patching".

If you can use the PC to contact the waitress, why not stalk her online for a bit? If you chat with her for a while you will get the option to invite her over. But I agree with the others - patching to actually fix the problem or using some sort of teleporter would be way quicker than trying to do it via the computer.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 4:57 AM
Thanks I will patch.I'm going to try the sims wardrobe one.I had no idea this was a bug I'm glad I posted and found out.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
I want her to invite Kimberly over so she can ask her to move in.This way I can take control over Kim.I want to marry her to one of my sim males.Kathy can email her but she can't call her.Kim isn't on the phone so is there any other way she could invite her over?Kimberly is a waitress.

Can you give her a mobile phone as a gift?
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 9:24 PM
The npc fix from the sims wardrobe lets you call and invite npc's but makes your neighbors in apartments uncallable and uninvitiable.I know because when I take it out neighbors in apartments become available on the phone to call again.When I put it back in the dl folder their no longer available to call on the phone.

This hack conflicts with apartment phones and someone else on the bbs said they had the same problem when using it.
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
It was in FreeTime (both the bug and the fix). If this is the problem and you don't have the patch (and don't want to/can't get the patch (for whatever reason)), SimWardrobe has a fix on their website (found here), found under Sims 2 -> Fixes -> FreeTime and it's at the bottom of the page.

I recommend the sim wardrobe patch too, because when I installed AL, even know I was patched up to Free Time, the problem with not being able to call NPC's happened again. I wanted Cassandra Goth to marry one of the butlers, so I needed the patch to make it happen ;-)
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 6:59 AM
The problem with the sims wardrobe one is that you can't call your neighbors in apartments and invite them over.It messes up the apartment phones but it will let you call npc's.