Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 6:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Flashing Hole In Floor Making Sims Get Stuck
I hope this is enough information for specs

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620 (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4092MB RAM
Page File: 2111MB used, 6070MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9553)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9553&SUBSYS_3636103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 2296 MB
Dedicated Memory: 506 MB
Shared Memory: 1790 MB

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series

On a downloaded island (The one for the Isle of the midnight sun challenge) I was in buy mode and I was editing some floors and wall coverings. When I came out a round black flashing circle appear on the house boat floor, first level. I cannot place anything on top of the circle not even with moveobjects on. I cannot change the floor around it now either. It is not a major problem but it gives me a sore head when it is flashing all the time and I can't get rid of it.

If a sim walks over it he or she ends up in the floor with there head just above floor level swimming and if I dont reset the sim they drown and die or as the game calls it expire

the two pictures are of the hole flashing I took a video of it too but cannot upload it anywhere.
It is constant and never goes away.
I tried moving out the house and moving it back in
uninstalling the world and reinstalling it.
using hammer tool to try and demolish it lol
then when I could do nothing to fix it.
I came on here and looked at every forum there is about graphics and glitches

I know for a fact it is not my computer I have been playing the sims 3 on the same laptop since it came out. It is not the best but it runs it fine with no problems.

Just before I started this game I had to restore my computer to factory settings and had to reinstall everything including every sims game and expansion I have. I have all of them installed for the sims 3 only

I have deleted the cache files
uninstalled all custom content and mods
and I have tried renaming the files

its not a crashing problem but I did most of these too http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...shing_Checklist

I also tried using a diifferent world and building a house there but when I got to put flooring on it doesnt let me although it seems to be an inviable patch in other worlds...
Kinda like the pixels are missing from the screen but its just on one random spot has anyone had this before?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 8:06 PM
turn Move Objects on. This should allow you to delete it. (That does look like something that I've gotten in my game, which is apparently called a social jig. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
turn Move Objects on. This should allow you to delete it. (That does look like something that I've gotten in my game, which is apparently called a social jig. )

Thank you for your reply I am sorry I just seen this having bother with my laptop over heating! I tried to do that. It will not let me grab it. When I hover over it, the normal cursor is there. It also doesn't explain why it's in my other worlds either. I will have a fiddle with it tonight and let you know if I fixed it and how!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 7:31 PM
As Ghost mentioned, this is a part of your game, however when its working properly, its invisible. It will appear in every game you have, as this is the way EA created it. An area for social jigs is mapped out in each lot, where room is available Getting rid of it isn't the real issue here, the real issue is why something, which should be invisible, isn't invisible in your game.

First I would try and rename the User Files to rule out CC as the cause or solve the issue. Your game appears to be glitched or corrupted, a complete uninstall and reinstall may be in order.