Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:54 PM
CAW has been updated! http://simsvip.com/?p=7787
Advertisement
Theorist
#102 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shante090
CAW has been updated! http://simsvip.com/?p=7787

That was FAST!!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#103 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:28 PM
I haven't seen the new sandwich in my game and I patched a few days ago! I'm about to play my family so I'll look again (maybe I missed it). I did see an option for vegetarian something, can't remember what it was, but when I click on my fridge it says I can make it for 32 simoleans. I for one am happy that vegetarian Sims have more food options - the reason I didn't like veggie Sims was because they only had like 5 meals they could eat without getting the feeling sick moodlet.
I also really like the idea of being able to make a sandwich that is not peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese. The one thing I miss the most from Sims 2 was all the custom foods we could have and that made meal times more interesting. I get tired of having my Sims serve the same meals over and over again.

I tried playing Friday night logged in to the new social features - they're OK I guess. The one thing I did not like was in the upper right corner of your screen, there is a little box that stays there all the time that invites you to "make a new post". This box cannot be deleted, although you can click it so that it doesn't show. The only problem is if you use Twallan's StoryProgression mod, the stories pop up in that same corner so you're constantly having to click on that stupid EA box to minimize again after reading the StoryProgression pop ups. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it got on my nerves real quick so I won't be using the log in or social features. I did enjoy the in game "accomplishments" that you can achieve - they are great for those of us who like having a goal to work towards once your Sim has completed their lifetime wish.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:48 PM
i think it's safe to say this is a patch i will be skipping.
1. none of those features interest me and
2. last time i patched my game i had to uninstall and reinstall all my games...TWICE.

pass!! =)
Scholar
#105 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:32 PM
Works fine for me. No problems [yet].
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm seeing that in CAS the EA body hair won't stick. Oddly enough, CC body hair stays put just fine. Tested without MasterController and XCAS core mod and same behavior.

I tested with make up ans some is not sticking either after you use CAS, CC makeup seems to be fine as are contacts.
Forum Resident
#107 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grieralexander
Here is a list of all the stuff that comes with the EP from sims vip: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7472

Going through the list, and all was well and 'meh' until I started reading the new community lot descriptions. Soooo, designating a lot as a 'Coffeehouse' is pretty much just a rename of the 'hangout' style community lot? The description doesn't include anything particularly coffee-like about the lot, other than the name. The "Live Show Venue" designation suggests that the only 'live' performances we'll get at bars are if we don't designate it as a BAR, but instead a live show venue.

WHY? Why must we have specific lot types to be able to perform? Couldn't they have simply added the ability to perform at say, the regular hangout?

Other than rolling my eyes at that, I was mildly excited about the nice list of build/buy stuff.
Field Researcher
#108 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:34 PM
i wish i hadnt patched. my game wont even load. i barely know how to put mods IN my game, i havent the slightest clue as to how one "takes them out in order to patch" so since it looks like my game might be forever byebye (how am i supposed to even try fixing it when i go to start it and it tells me it's not responding and shuts itself down)

SO, untill i have the patience to figure this shit out, EA can simply fuck the fuck off. and i'll be damned straight to hell in a technicolor handbasket if i'll even CONSIDER buying the sims4. i'm not buying any more expansion packs. this has gotten beyond "retarded". EA games went and ate a big ole brain tumor for breakfast one morning not so very long ago, when they decided it was a brilliant idea to sell magical pieces of paper in cd boxes for "a whole new world!..." (sorry, i had princesss jasmine in my head there) and they havent managed to pass that tumor/clot yet. i doubt they'll ever bother.

i'd go back to sims2 if i hadnt given my husband all my disks for his computer, hell, i might even go back to sims1 if i could find anything custom for it anymore, but there aint much.
Alchemist
#109 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
i think it's safe to say this is a patch i will be skipping.
1. none of those features interest me and
2. last time i patched my game i had to uninstall and reinstall all my games...TWICE.

pass!! =)

I tend to always skip a couple of patches at a time. That way the patch to the patch to the patch usually have the problems ironed out by then
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:18 PM
Mine wouldn't load after patching last night either, it would crash as soon as the game started loading. In my case it was just a matter of updating custom content. I determined it was a custom content conflict because, after removing my package files from My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder, the game would finally load. It turned out to be a conflict with one of the NRaas mods. Fortunately, Twallan had already updated them, so I just redownloaded and reinstalled them, and the game then loaded fine.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#111 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:40 PM
Another possible bug with 1.31 is that games left paused are starting up unpaused. Also no matter how many times I've checked off not to get the prompt to sign on, I always still get it.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:33 PM
Another possible bug with 1.31 is that games left paused are starting up unpaused. Also no matter how many times I've checked off not to get the prompt to sign on, I always still get it.

That had happened to me at aleatory times after the last patch, 1.26; although now it has not happened in a while; however thanks for the heads-up, since sometimes I leave the game loading and go off and when I get back my sims are all off doing something I did not want them to.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:40 AM
We got a new roof in the patch. I just saw. It's a grey metal roof.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#114 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:45 AM
G'morning everyone! 3:44 AM! *smacks lips and sips tea, nearly asleep* Oh, wait. The patch. Right.

I can't install the damn thing!

I go to patch and it doesn't do anything (in task manager the EA whatever thing is low down on the priority list and not doing much, at least not in the 20 minutes I left it for) and I'm doing it manually now but the download is taking forever. Sigh.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#115 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:58 PM
Also no matter how many times I've checked off not to get the prompt to sign on, I always still get it.

There are a couple new lines in Options.ini:

requireloginbeforeload = 1
receiveconnecttns = 0

Set them as they are shown here and that prompt will disappear. I realize that the one on top looks wrong, it "looks" as if it should be set at 0; but setting them like this has worked for a number of players who've posted about it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Inventor
#116 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 6:48 PM
The chat push was rather obnoxious, though being offline has its advantages I think I will patch.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:15 PM
I can't install it either. Downloaded it, it nearly finishes install the says 'file cannot be found' and terminates.
Mad Poster
#118 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:19 PM
If the Launcher patch won't work, download the 800-900Mb manual patch thingy and update with it instead.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:28 PM
yeah thanks, just started downloading it about ten minutes before your post! How big is it? It's going to take an hour to download? never mind, as long as it fixes it.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:37 PM
sweet, 2 people dissagree with me about my opinion, yet again. i'm sure it's the few mods i have that are causing the issue, i think it's 3, nraas mods, and i think i may even have figured out what to do about it. but that doesnt change my opinion that EA has a nasty habit of releasing games that are broken/not working "properly" even before you get them home from the store.

i wont be buying SHT unless i accidentally ingest one of those brain tumors myself. i WILL NOT be buying sims 4, unless it comes with an actual sim that will physically pop out of my computer and do my for reals laundry. EA has managed to lure me in entirely too many times now.

i feel like i should have their logo tattooed on my neck so i can look upon it with regret like a really "good" bad relationship, and i can have something to save money for, to get the tattoo covered up.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:38 PM
I will never forgive this patch for causing graphics glitches and destroying my basement ceilings! I had to uninstall and reinstall my game just because of this patch!

Do not, do not use the social features! If you want to know why, ask Alan Watt! Don't let EA invide your privacy dear people!

Laugh not, for World War 3 is starting to become very real, and the heroes in the television shows will not appear to stop it. Be wise and prepare now.
Scholar
#122 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LordHoramun
Do not, do not use the social features! If you want to know why, ask Alan Watt!

You mean the guy who claims the government is behind a eugenics war to interbreed us to make weaker humans?

Whatever you've been smoking, share.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse
i feel like i should have their logo tattooed on my neck so i can look upon it with regret like a really "good" bad relationship, and i can have something to save money for, to get the tattoo covered up.

How are you going to look at the tattoo if it's on your neck...?
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 11:28 PM
Well, my game is lagging more and ive only got twallens mods and store purchased content so not sure what's going on but it's playable and ive turned off social features which was easy enough
Scholar
Original Poster
#125 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse
... i'm sure it's the few mods i have that are causing the issue, i think it's 3, nraas mods...

I have twallan's mods for patch 1.31 and they do not crash my game. If you have the correct versions they should not be causing any crash problems.

Try the suggestions in the Help section and go from there.

Quote: Originally posted by LordHoramun
I will never forgive this patch for causing graphics glitches and destroying my basement ceilings!...

Do not, do not use the social features! If you want to know why, ask Alan Watt! Don't let EA invide your privacy dear people!

Same advice as above. Go to the Help section.

And who the hell is Alan Watt?
Page 5 of 6