Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 9:41 PM
Default WCIF Bigger Welcome Wagon
Hi!

I've been playing a new neighbourhood and I was wondering if anyone knows of a bigger welcome wagon hack for TS2?

I found one for TS3, and there are some out there to cancel the welcome wagon, but I like it and want MORE sims to show up and welcome my sims to the neighbourhood.

Any help is appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 9:45 PM
I've not seen one, but if you don't mind a (somewhat clumsy) workaround, you could use Inge's teleporter to bring in some random Sims: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#3 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:26 PM
I recall seeing a line in some BCON that might be able to increase the welcome wagon; though it might also increase ghosts on lots that have a lot of graves. I do not remember which one; I would search for it tonight.

another possible way around this would be through the testingcheatsenabled cheat. shift click on the mailbox; somewhere in that menu (or possibly in a sub menu) would be an interaction to force a walk-by. do that as many times you want. may take awhile for the first to come.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:58 PM
LOL everyone seem to play their game different I have a mod by Twojeff's that will popup and ask me if I want the Welcome Wagon. Yes / No
Sometime I say NO because the Sims can be rude and run into the Sims house and don't know when to leave, or start playing their piano or other games.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 11:16 PM
I downloaded a similar mod.
I do not remember where.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 11:35 PM
Is it twojeff's welcome wagon mod? I use it myself.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 12:06 AM
Thanks for all the responses and the ideas. I have the teleporter cat so I suppose I can use that for now. It might be better anyway cos then large families can have the normal number and small ones can have more visitors.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
LOL everyone seem to play their game different I have a mod by Twojeff's that will popup and ask me if I want the Welcome Wagon. Yes / No
Sometime I say NO because the Sims can be rude and run into the Sims house and don't know when to leave, or start playing their piano or other games.

Hah - I always say no. Ah well.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 2:03 AM
I would not mind a bigger WW as well.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#10 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 7:36 PM
I don't say no, my sims just don't answer the door. It's funny when there is no fence, they'll walk all around the house and stand outside windows and back to the doors until they finally give up. I would just block the welcome wagon, but occasionally I'm waiting for that certain sim to show up for my sim to meet, which rarely happens. If that certain sim does show up, I'll send the other certain sim I want to to meet that certain sim while ignoring any others that are milling around and trying to find a way to grab the resident certain sim's attention. Other times I get a kick out of watching the visitors while the residents are busy doing their thing. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#11 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 26th Aug 2017 at 12:47 AM.
found the BCON I mentioned in post 3.
name:: Max Person Counts
group:: 7f028f29
instance:: 1001

third line in BCON (line numbered 02).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
...third line in BCON (02).

Do you think this would mean that 2 different families come to welcome your sim? Because I noticed, it seems to be per household...not per sim. If Mary comes up to welcome you to the 'Hood, she might come with her husband. So sometimes, depending on the 'Hood I am playing (only single sims or several sims per household) I'll get different amount of welcomers.

Alchemist
#13 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 12:50 AM
meant the line's "number" not the line's value; edited the post.
02 is third line; 01 would be second line; 00 would be first line.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 1:00 AM
oh..ok, my bad.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#15 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Hah - I always say no. Ah well.

@maxon Like minds think the same lol the Sims will still meet the welcome wagon Sims through passing or at a community lot, and on the computer.
Because my Sims do not know them that well for them to run into their house, I even had a Sim sat herself down at the table and started eating the food. lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
found the BCON I mentioned in post 3.
name:: Max Person Counts
group:: 7f028f29
instance:: 1001

third line in BCON (line numbered 02).

Thankyou very much for tracking that down for me... but I actually have no idea what to do with that information? Could you link me to a tutorial or something if its not too much trouble?
Alchemist
#17 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:58 PM
I do not know of any tutorial for this.