Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 9:35 AM
Default Rename Sim Mod
Hi everyone, i was downloading many mods earlier, and i want to download them again, but there is one mod that i can't find...
In this option you could (with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift) click on a sim, then select "Rename Sim" and there was Firstname, and Surname option, in Firstname you could even set popularity of name (for example top 100) and it renamed sim with random name from name bin that mod uses...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:58 AM
Only thing I know of that will let you rename a sim is the Batbox. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 11:32 AM
There are several mods that will let you rename sims. The Batbox (mentioned above), the Sim Blender, and The Sim Manipulator. I haven't used it, but I imagine the Insiminator probably has this function too.

Christianlov made a Last Name Copier, but as the name says, it only copies a surname from one sim to another.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 5:23 PM
Ok i would try them, but to be sure, do they pick random name? Because i want it that way i don't want to rename them by myself
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 5:49 PM
I'm sorry, no. These are not random name generators. They only let you choose a new name for your sim. You have to make up the new name yourself.

I haven't heard of a mod like the one you describe in your original post. That doesn't mean there isn't one though. I'm sure there must be a lot of mods that I've never heard of. I wish I could help you find it - it sounds like a really nice mod to have.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I'm sorry, no. These are not random name generators. They only let you choose a new name for your sim. You have to make up the new name yourself.

I haven't heard of a mod like the one you describe in your original post. That doesn't mean there isn't one though. I'm sure there must be a lot of mods that I've never heard of. I wish I could help you find it - it sounds like a really nice mod to have.

I figured out that's my friend have this mod but he doesnt knows which package IT is because he also have many pescado and other hacks, that's i dont want (by the way i know that mod exist because i had it before)
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:09 AM
Does the package file still have the original name?
If it is from modthesims you should see something that looks like this:
Code:
atavera_NeonWallLight_Alphabet_O.package

This is the letter O from http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530816 (See picture1)
In this case Atavera is the "author" and the other words is the object name.

If you locate the name from that file, you can put the name (not the whole file name itself) into google and search for the author and object. That way, I've located most of the cc in my game.

And yes, it would be a pain in the a , but if you have everything nice and ordered it would be a not so big of a deal. Without the maps my sims download folder looks like this. (See pic2)

Just look for the stuff that looks 'familiar' to you.

If the name is changed, I believe you can go into SimPE and look for codes.
Some behav codes can say a lot about the name or description on the url where the mod is.

Hope this would help and I hope I do not look like an idiot saying this!
Screenshots

Yes, i'm still using Sims2. i'll keep it that way.

Alsolookatmychannelrealygoodchannelchannelisaboutanythingyoulikeidunnoimwasting2minutesoftypingthiswhatanawfullsignature...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rickz13
Does the package file still have the original name?
If it is from modthesims you should see something that looks like this:
Code:
atavera_NeonWallLight_Alphabet_O.package

This is the letter O from http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530816 (See picture1)
In this case Atavera is the "author" and the other words is the object name.

If you locate the name from that file, you can put the name (not the whole file name itself) into google and search for the author and object. That way, I've located most of the cc in my game.

And yes, it would be a pain in the a , but if you have everything nice and ordered it would be a not so big of a deal. Without the maps my sims download folder looks like this. (See pic2)

Just look for the stuff that looks 'familiar' to you.

If the name is changed, I believe you can go into SimPE and look for codes.
Some behav codes can say a lot about the name or description on the url where the mod is.

Hope this would help and I hope I do not look like an idiot saying this!

i'm sure that he doesn't rename mods, but even with names we can't find which one is this one i'm looking for... maybe i should post photo of his mods? maybe someone would recognize something?
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vivibella
i'm sure that he doesn't rename mods, but even with names we can't find which one is this one i'm looking for... maybe i should post photo of his mods? maybe someone would recognize something?

Could be an idea, not only people will recognize it, they will help you searching (atleast me).

How many mods does he have then? Like a whole page?

Alsolookatmychannelrealygoodchannelchannelisaboutanythingyoulikeidunnoimwasting2minutesoftypingthiswhatanawfullsignature...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rickz13
Could be an idea, not only people will recognize it, they will help you searching (atleast me).

How many mods does he have then? Like a whole page?

this is list of mods that he have (in attachments)

Edit: I mean all mods that are labeled as "mods" in Delphy's Download Organiser
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 10:25 AM Last edited by Rickz13 : 13th Sep 2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: forgot to add the quote
this is list of mods that he have (in attachments)

Edit: I mean all mods that are labeled as "mods" in Delphy's Download Organiser

Hm, I nearly tried all of them, with some extra searching with it (including the whole list of Cyjon's Sims 2 Mods 'n' Stuff), coming to an hour of searching. There should be something delphy's download organizer has missed.

Forum Resident
#12 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 6:44 PM
The fastest way to find the mod you are looking for among all the ones your friend has is probably to do a 50/50 search through his downloads. First, create a backup of the existing downloads folder and backup the neighbourhoods your friend plays. Then move half of the cc from the folder to a temporary folder away from the Sims 2 folder. Run the game and open up a test 'hood; does the renaming mod still appear in the game? If no, it's probably among the cc you removed, if yes it's still in the Downloads. Continue splitting the cc into smaller and small groups, narrowing down the number of files that could be the mod you are trying to find.

I'd add a step any time you load the game and the mod isn't present - test the other half of the cc before assuming that it has to be in that group. Some mods have more than one package, and if you've accidentally split them, the mod would stop working no matter which half you were testing. The first group of cc I'd remove are all the files that I am fairly certain aren't the mod I'm looking for; if the cc is separated into sub folders at all, I'd remove all the build/buy and CAS items for the first round of the search.

It sounds tedious, but because you are only loading a small selection of the cc each time the load times are fairly fast.
Alchemist
#13 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:28 PM
insimenator can rename sim's first name.
sim blender; from my understanding, can rename both first and last names but last name's option actually being copy from first.
sim manipulator can do both first and last names individually.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 15th Sep 2017 at 3:38 PM.
I do not see ffsdebugger.package in that list of mods, but I just found some info about it. (the bat box)
When in debug mode (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true), the bat box can be used :
----------------------------------------------------
Set Firstname - Cancel Error
Once you click on this option, an object error dialog will pop up. Click Cancel, and then enter your new name. *
------------------------------------------------------
taking from that link .

Oh my, sorry..I completely misread your first post...;

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 3:32 PM
Ok i would try them, but to be sure, do they pick random name? Because i want it that way i don't want to rename them by myself

I have found you can't go wrong with the name Abijeet. I've never heard that name in my life, but my hoods are full of them.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#16 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 7:52 PM
If you want a randomly generated name and don't mind typing in the information yourself, you can use one of these programs:
http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/the-sims.php
https://www.platinumsimmers.com/the...name-generator/

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 8:09 PM
The only one I DON'T have an idea is the woodenmodelhack3c one. Not saying that is it, it is just that I have never heard of it, and it doesn't pop up on a search.