Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#76 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 4:48 PM
I try to give my sims their lifetime want, if it's possible in their lifetimes! The hardest for me would probably be the 50 dream dates/1st date ones, as that requires more focus for me than the rest. I suppose 20 puppies and kittens would be up there too, but I haven't seen that one yet. 20 lovers is super easy if you get the garden club wishing well. 20 woohoos is more annoying than anything else - I usually reroll that one if it's the first LTW they roll - I'd rather let them figure it out for themselves than force them to cheat or go crazy. My sims usually get at least 3 LTWs completed, so if it's a second or third they can choose to work on it or not - not all my Romance sims (primary or secondary) have any interest in anyone but their spouses. Some, however, want to be the town bike.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 4:57 PM
50 first dates is the easiest, just call the matchmaker and buy cheap dates... 50 times.
I had that one with my Legacy founder

50 dream dates I've done once, and never again. Booooring!

The one I don't think I'll ever achieve is be BF with 20 pets.... Never say never, but I don't see how it could happen in regular gameplay.
Still I don't reroll, they're stuck with their impossible dream of being "best friends" with an army of stray pets¬¬
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 6:01 PM
I'm really stumped on how to do the '20 Simultaneous Pet Best Friends'. I just want to conquer it ONCE, and I'll feel okay about passing it by in future Lifetime rolls.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
I'm really stumped on how to do the '20 Simultaneous Pet Best Friends'. I just want to conquer it ONCE, and I'll feel okay about passing it by in future Lifetime rolls.

Two ways I can think of:

1. For some weird reason, you can invite pets to parties. And they'll show up.
2. If you have pets living with other families, just make friends with someone from that family and then "invite household."
Field Researcher
#80 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 6:26 PM
I forgot about the best pet friends one - that would definitely be on my list if I ever saw it!
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 6:52 PM
The thing is, even if you don't have Pescado's "no stray respawn" and you let the game generate countless pets and wolves, it's always the same ones that visit your lot.
You could visit community lots with your pet to meet more pets, though.
And I had thought about team work with those breeding 20 pets. Since visitors seem to mostly care about your pets when they visit you , that's one way to increase someone's number of "pet best friends".
It's still stupid though.

I have kind of started working on it with a teen who's befriending strays after school. He used to be the neighbourhood's child stalker (constant friend from school+"hi it's me the stalker is /everyone available to talk" in every household D: ) so when he rolled the 20 pets best friend, I thought, hey why not, he's enough of a creep for that LTW to make sense with him
I still don't think it'll happen, but who knows.
Link Ninja
#82 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Charmful : 1st Mar 2016 at 10:13 PM.
I downloaded a mod, can't remember where it came from, possible pescado? (SQUINGE! thanks @ihatemandatoryregister) Anyway, someone might mention it in this thread but it reduces the numbers on some of those like instead of 50 first dates it lowers the number to 25. Instead of having 20 pets it lowers the numbers to 10, etc.

And even then, I don't always fulfill the Lifetime wants. I have a few sims that I will make it a goal to get them to platinum or others I try but maybe fail. Other times, I will just like be 'pfft, no' and have them live lives and complete daily wants. I mean, in the real world people don't always obtain their lifetime wants so I think it's fair to sims not all of them do either.

There are times I re-roll it with sim blender too, but more often than not I ignore the impossible LTW.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#83 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 7:32 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Two ways I can think of:

1. For some weird reason, you can invite pets to parties. And they'll show up.
2. If you have pets living with other families, just make friends with someone from that family and then "invite household."

Thanks for the suggestions! None of my families have pets right now (just not in their "stories"), so I think I found a solution: I'm going to just summon pets to the lot. It looks like there is at least 20 animals between the cats AND dogs, so hopefully it won't be a problem. If I get within striking range of the goal and need 5 more... then I'll add some pets to families or just adopt the last few and be done with it.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 9:15 PM
Just a tip: Don't combine large dogs and small apartments. If you do, good luck with the pathfinding.
Scholar
#86 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 9:54 PM
I am thinking of giving that one a try by using some kind of visitor controller and build a pet park. Can you choose to only have pets visit?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#87 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
I am thinking of giving that one a try by using some kind of visitor controller and build a pet park. Can you choose to only have pets visit?

Well you could ban everything EXCEPT critters (probably easily enough done by banning all the aspirations), although I don't know if that'll actually work.
Theorist
#88 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 11:12 PM
If you get the raise 20 puppys/ kittens you could always turn it into a business ... lol

Backyard puppy mill
Mad Poster
#89 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
If you get the raise 20 puppys/ kittens you could always turn it into a business ... lol

Backyard puppy mill

Some of those dogs have really huge ears!
Theorist
#90 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 11:18 PM
I know .. it's my 'own' breed. I like'em :D
Mad Poster
#91 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg

This will help. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=288775
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heimlichbourger
reaching the golden anniversary is a ridiculously easy way to get a guaranteed platinum grave, while the 20 lovers or 20 best friend wants require a large amount of effort.

In my game a day equals approximately a year, so I've decided they have to be married 50 days (to the same spouse) to fulfill this want. This is making it almost impossible for my two current Sims with this want because they both divorced their original spouses. One is an elder, one is almost an elder, both now have younger spouses, but they will need a lot of luck and Elixir of Life to make it to their 50th anniversaries. I like not knowing for sure if they will.
Undead Molten Llama
#93 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 4:21 AM
I know .. it's my 'own' breed. I like'em :D

Like pharaoh hounds! Only smaller! (I like 'em, too!) I will have a real pharaoh hound one of these days, yes I will...

I've actually never gotten into the pet-breeding thing in my game. I did it once and...Well, that seemed enough, honestly. So, when a Sim rolls the pet-breeding LTW, I've always...Well, re-rolled it. But I think maybe next time it happens, I'll set them up as backyard breeder (but a nice, reputable one!), turn it into a little business. At least, I'll have that intention. Whether I'll actually follow through....Well, we'll see.

For me, well, this is an old thread and I might have responded to it before, but I've been pretty consistent in my attitudes toward LTWs. I wouldn't term any of them "impossible," but there are some I won't do either because they just don't appeal to me or because they're disallowed because of the rules I play by. The pet-breeding one has always been one of the former, but I'm not averse to the pet-befriending one. The "own 5 top-level businesses" one is one of the latter because by my rules businesses are one-per-household. (Yes, I know you can "cheat" this by getting the one business to level 10, then letting it drop back to level 9, then getting it back to level 10, repeat, but...Well, that's cheating in a "it goes against the spirit of the thing" sort of way.) Also, pets aren't allowed to have careers in my game because I think that's just silly as hell. (Sure, real animals do fill service roles and such, but they don't get paid and they generally don't live as housepets except for sometimes living with their handler, so they don't get picked up by a carpool to go to work and all that. ) So, the "have pets top the pet careers" one is disallowed, too. And there are probably others that I'm not thinking of that I can't/won't do.

But otherwise...They're all doable, particularly in certain situations. (Like 50 dream dates? Have a married couple, particularly a childless one or one whose children are at least at a self-sufficient age. Have one of them ask the other for a date. Flirt a bit, kiss a bit, do the mattress mambo, and bam! Dream date. End the date. Start another. Lather, rinse, repeat multiple times a day. Your pair will be very happy...and therefore pretty dull, but hey, whatever floats your boat.) But whether or not I want to do a particular LTW? Well, that's an entirely different thing. I don't really feel a need to make sure that every single Sim achieves their LTW. In fact, it's quite uncommon in my game that they do, usually because certain careers aren't yet open (I play in a sort of build-a-city style) or because I have heavy restrictions on who gets to go to uni (so the "graduate 3 kids from uni" one is difficult) or because...Well, because of many reasons. And I'm OK with that. And usually, so are the Sims. Most of mine are very happy pixels. I have to work to have unhappy ones.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Like pharaoh hounds! Only smaller! (I like 'em, too!) I will have a real pharaoh hound one of these days, yes I will...

I've actually never gotten into the pet-breeding thing in my game. I did it once and...Well, that seemed enough, honestly. So, when a Sim rolls the pet-breeding LTW, I've always...Well, re-rolled it. But I think maybe next time it happens, I'll set them up as backyard breeder (but a nice, reputable one!), turn it into a little business. At least, I'll have that intention. Whether I'll actually follow through....Well, we'll see.

In Hazelton, I had Cyd Roseland adopt a dog (a beagle, IIRC) and breed her to Porthos. They came out...interesting:

For some reason, the poor female pup looked like half her muzzle had caved in. The Burbs eventually adopted her because Lucy took a shine to her.
Undead Molten Llama
#95 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 7:42 AM
Aw, it's like widdle beagle head, bulky pit bull body. :lovestruc

I'd actually like to know how pet genetics work. Like, with Sims, they can have dominant face parts -- Ears, jaws, noses, etc. -- that get passed to their offspring accordingly. So in pets, I wonder if they have dominant heads, ears, tails, coat patterns/textures, etc... I should just open one up in SimPE and poke around at their DNA...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 10:31 AM

Backyard puppy mill

Just remember if you sell the puppies before then become adult dogs, they won't count towards the LTW. They have to grow up on the lot with the Sim having the LTW for it to count. Understandable from a coding perspective, but silly from a playing perspective, since most people buy their dogs as pups if they buy from a breeder.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 4 of 4