Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:52 AM
Default Sending money to townies?
Is there any way to send money to townies?

The checkbook from simwardrobe can only send checks to playable sims.

The bankbook from Katy's banking expansion can only send once at a time, meaning, the sims must get the money by "validating transaction" on the bankbook every time they get a transaction. If you try to send more money before they have validated the latest transaction, you will just lose that money, they can not get it. Like, if you send 25 000 and then 25 000 more, they only get the first 25 000, if you try to validate transaction again, nothing happens.

So you can only send one time with the bankbook unless you move the townies in somewhere and validate transaction every time you have sent money, but then they are not townies anymore so that doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't work to make them selectable with boolprop and try to validate without moving them in. I have tried everything.

I want to send money to townies while they are still townies. Is there any way? Otherwise my gameplay will be totally ruined >.< Giving them presents would be a last resort but that looks just ridiculous when you just want to send them the money so that doesn't solve the problem either.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:56 AM
Have you tried Moniques computer? Never attempted to use it for townies, so no idea if it works, but it has a money transfer function.
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:37 AM
I believe Monique's computer does work for transferring money townies. At least, they come up on the screen you use to choose the recipient. I haven't done it myself, so I haven't tested sending an odd amount of money to them and then moving them in with someone to see if that odd amount comes with them, but it LOOKS like it should work...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:47 AM
Christianlov's wallet token should do that I think. I know I paid townies with it for second hand junk from their inventories when my second hand dealer ripped them off er paid them well for it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I haven't done it myself, so I haven't tested sending an odd amount of money to them and then moving them in with someone to see if that odd amount comes with them, but it LOOKS like it should work...

Well that's it..this is what I wonder too, as I always thought Townies are given a random amount of money when they are spawn/created and so they are "worth" more or less.
I know whatever gets into their personal inventory (gifts from your playables) remains there, but would money sent to them after that random amount of money was given, actually remains?
I'll have to test this. Sending them money would be useful at times.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:59 PM
Thank you!!! You helped me a lot. I will download both the computer and the Wallet token. On the wallet's download page it even says you can send to NPC's! seems like it will work. Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Well that's it..this is what I wonder too, as I always thought Townies are given a random amount of money when they are spawn/created and so they are "worth" more or less.
I know whatever gets into their personal inventory (gifts from your playables) remains there, but would money sent to them after that random amount of money was given, actually remains?
I'll have to test this. Sending them money would be useful at times.

No, the amount seem to be random whenever they move in, not when they are created. I moved in the same townie several times to the same family (without saving inbetween), first two times it was 15 000 then it was 7000 that he brought with him. Seems a bit inconsistent. :S
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:08 PM
Oh! Thank you for the info.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)