Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:27 AM
I always clutter...i think it's essential. I love the stuff.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 5:38 AM
I love clutter, but no way do I have a clutter bug! Not at all.

*nervously glances back at the growing amount of kitchen, bath, and office clutter in the download folder*

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking
I like clutter, too. I'm not sure what would be considered 'too much', though. I fill shelves with clutter and sometimes tables.

Most of the pics were before I got FRAPS, but you get the general idea.

I like to make my own bookcases with clutter.

Where did you find the books to fill bookcases, please?
I have the clutter bug too, definitely. I love clutter as sims's houses look "alive".
Field Researcher
#54 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:37 PM
Sometimes I clutter my houses so much, other times I don't. It really depends on how rich the family is (or isn't) and my own levels of laziness. I love putting little trinkets around in the living room and stuff like that to make it look like a real family lives in there and it's not just a showhome, but I don't always have the motivation or the simoleans to do it :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:10 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 31st Mar 2016 at 2:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by elly87
Where did you find the books to fill bookcases, please?
I have the clutter bug too, definitely. I love clutter as sims's houses look "alive".

Leefish has a bunch in her fabulous Move Over Dahlen upload. I have a second set of book stacks as well that is quite nice, but not sure where they are from. I'll check later tonight.

EDIT: Turns out the second set were also by Leefish, although not sure from what thread. Yay Leefish :lovestruc

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:56 PM
Scholar
#57 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 6:40 PM
I love clutter in houses but HATE wading through clutter in my catalog in TS2. If there was an easier way to organize objects in the game, I would download and use more clutter.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Theorist
#58 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 7:00 PM
Maybe the easiest thing to do for sortin clutter in the catalog would be to use collection folders. If you were adventurous and know how to could always make them visible only in the collection folders too.

That is on my "I'm gonna do that" some day list.
Scholar
#59 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 9:10 PM
I'm impressed with what some people can make of their sim homes, but myself I'm not at all good with clutter. My RL residence might be called "cluttered" by some, but in reality it's just a big mess! My sims live in much tidier dwellings.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 9:29 PM
I encourage my sims to buy clutter. There's always an antique shop full of junk open somewhere, or a plant shop, that just sells them little plants that fit right on tables and counters. These nick nacks are usually priced so low that most sims can afford to buy something. Them that don't, well I guess they is neat and aint interested.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 9:44 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 31st Mar 2016 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Fixed brainfart
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Maybe the easiest thing to do for sortin clutter in the catalog would be to use collection folders. If you were adventurous and know how to could always make them visible only in the collection folders too.

I highly recommend collections. In my early cluttering days I was constantly frustrated by the fact that my deco-catalog was a ginormous mess. It took forever finding the item I wanted, since most of them are small and the thumbnail is unhelpful. Then I went on an organizing spree, and one of the things I did was to sort the majority of my decorative-catalog into collections. I did not hide them, because I sometimes want to use the eyedropper tool, and it does not work if objects are not visible in catalog. But since all the small objects are in collections, it's no longer annoying. Want something small? Go to the collection with that kind of object. Want something big? If it's in a collection, go there, otherwise browse normally. It takes a while to flip through, but I also fixed the prices of all objects so I know more or less where in the catalog to start looking. And since it's only big items that aren't in a collection, it's not that annoying to find. Whenever I add new objects, they are immediately added to the corresponding catalog.

The hardest ones are paintings, since there's usually a lot of different style recolors for the same mesh, but I solved that by making a couple of "themed" collections. I have a baby/toddler collection where things that makes sense in a nursery is placed (some things are in more than one collection). Then a kids collection, and a teen collection. That helps with the paintings, since I know whatever is in there has recolors that may be fitting.

It's a lot of work, depending on the size of your downloads folder, but it's so worth it in the end. At the moment I have my custom collections in the beginning of the catalog, organized by how often I use them (most frequent things come first, and so on). The EP/SP-collections are at the end of the catalog, because I use those a lot to match furniture. In the middle are all the fluff that I never use, at some point I'll go through it and delete the ones I'd never use.

That reminds me, isn't there a program someone made to make making collections easier?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 10:22 PM
JFade at DJS Sims made one (which is what I use), it's called Sims 2 Collection Creator. There are various sites I see that have it, but I don't know which one to trust so I won't paste a link.

I do the same thing as gummilut. Everything is in collections; office clutter, kitchen clutter, bathroom clutter, books/magazines, closet clutter, etc. It was a ton of work, but it made everything so much easier to find. All new things get added to existing collections so they are always up to date.
Scholar
#63 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 11:13 AM
I like having clutter objects but not cluttered houses (probably because I tend to build on the small side). I do, however, have great fun building a shop or two that sells primarily, or exclusively, objects with no obvious practical purpose. My favourite was the one selling piles of dirty clothes and broken-looking decorative items. Not only realistically dingy, but also made a fortune for its owner and their family...
Forum Resident
#64 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 11:59 AM
I just found Sims 2 Collection Creator here. I just downloaded it, and it seems to be the right program - the developer is listed as DJS Sims, and the interface is the same as in the tutorial I found for JFade's program.

However, I am having a bit of trouble with it - I can open the program, but I'm getting unhandled exception errors and can't really use it. I'm currently too tired to troubleshoot, but I thought others might want to try it and may have more luck running it on their machines than I'm having.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 8:10 PM
Come to think of it, I did kinda clutter when I decorated this installation's first house, by the very sophisticated method of "stealing" random stuff with move objects. For example there's a stool in the bathroom, a remote control on the floor near the television, a sponge lying around in one room, and the matchmaker's crystal ball is on the floor too, very discreetly tucked away on a floor tile flashing in different colours. So to conclude I did it partly to make the house look a little lived-in, and partly to amuse myself and in no way to make the home look good.

I am Error.
Scholar
#66 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:16 PM
I love the look a well cluttered room gives, but the effort involved puts me off so much that I could count on one hand how many rooms I've actually cluttered beyond maybe a filing cabinet on the desk or a bowl of fruit in the kitchen. I wish I had more motivation to do it, because it makes gameplay so much more fun for me, but I just can't be asked. Part of it is also just having to look in the Misc section. I hate that area of the catalogue with a passion.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd May 2016 at 3:27 PM
I am with Snufflepaws, I hate the Misc section in my game, it is so.. cluttered. I should organise stuff in collections.
Page 3 of 3