Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 5:40 AM
Default Should I write a Sims 2 or Sims 3 story? I'm indecisive!
I've wanted to write a Sims story for ages now. The only thing that's stopping me is which game to use to illustrate it.

I have both games. They both have their perks. I love the look of Sims in TS2. I love the ability to create actual store lots rather than sending my Sim to a rabbit hole. But I also love the endless possibilities with TS3, like with patterns, recoloring, and CAS sliders. I also love all the new custom content for TS3 - clothes that actually look modern and something people would wear now rather than what would have been in style in 2005, if you catch my drift.

I do not like the look of Sims in TS3. I do not like how plastic they look. I also hate rabbit holes. But I also do not like things about TS2, such as very minimal body shapes. Another thing I dislike is the custom clothes, but then again maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, nevertheless I really dislike not being able to choose what shoes my Sim wears.

I'm slightly leaning more towards TS2 for my story, however the more I find custom content for TS3 I'm starting to think again.

For those experienced Sim story writers, which do you prefer and why? What do you suggest?
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 6:06 AM
Don't look for me to tell you to write a story basic on Sims 3, I am a die hard Sims 2 fan, now as for the body shapes in Sims 2 we have custom Skins for that to change their body shapes like SSB ( Slim Body Builder Male ) Or CPU ( Classic Pinup Female ) even more body shapes than those I have mention, I do not know where you're been looking for "Custom Clothes" for the Sims but, right here on MTS we have some wonderful creators of clothes, for Sims 2 male and female, as well as other known Sims sites.

Now as far as Custom contents for the Sims 2 we have some of the best under all categories, in fact some of the items we have Sims 3 do not have.
And some of the Sims 3 players is always asking Sims 2 creators to make it to work for Sims 3, and yes some Sims 2 players ask for things in Sims 3 to work for Sims 2 as well.

But really "Rosesss" it come down to whatever you feel comfortable with doing, what ever make you "Happy" the choice is all your, If you want to write a story about Sims 2 or Sims 3 just enjoy doing it.
Maybe somewhere a long the line you may want to do both, since you have both game, you never know just go with your flow.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#3 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 11:56 AM
You realize you're in the Sims 2 forum, right?

Which would you prefer to write? Which would be more fun to play/stage? Which gameplay mechanic makes the sims seem more like what you want your characters to seem like? If you're writing an observational story, which game makes you think of captions and such while you're playing?

And there's your answer!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 12:29 PM
Decide what story you want to write, write several chapters of it and decide what pictures you want to do, and then decide which game will be more useful for what you're wanting to write.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#5 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 1:35 PM
I have played both games, an I find the sims 2 to have a better set up for nice and fun stories. I think you should write for the sims 2.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 1:43 PM
You should write the story that's trying to fight its way out of you, and experiment with media until you find the one that gets you the best result.

This is, in fact, the only way you will ever finish the story.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 2:32 PM
Write your story first.
Then figure out which game is more suited to your picture-taking style, and has more content to depict the story you're trying to tell. Find the game that fits to the story you've written rather than trying to write a story to fit to one game or the other.
If all else fails, you can take the pictures in one game and if you later decide you prefer taking pictures in the other, you can switch to that.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 4:10 PM
See what kind of story you want to write.

I find I can control more in Sims 2, since it isn't open world, but Sims 3 open world can really make for some neat stuff.

If you can, take a look at how other people write stories in each game and see if you like what you see there.
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 9:58 PM
Depending on what you want to happen, it might be either the better option