Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 12:09 AM
Default This is probably a stupdid question
but how do I switch sims over to a new aging system after putting in an aging mod? I was thinking about just aging them down a level and then back up, but if I did that they'd be back at the beginning of the lifestage.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 12:42 AM
Mods for aging normally start at the next age up, but your mod may be dif. so I would go read the readme on it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:32 AM
I think the easiest way is to just add or subtract days from the number they have left till their next birthday. I use the temporal adjuster of the insimenator for this, but there are probably other hacks that offer this option as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 5:53 AM
Thanks
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 8:36 AM
If you thought it was probably an stupid question you should have posted it in the stupid/random questions thread

I use SimPE to fix ages if I need to.
Mostly those of the townies which join a household, because if they were created before installing the mod all of them will have the default lifespan for their life stage.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 4:37 PM
I'm currently playing an age-modded neighborhood which I created after I put in the age mod, but still some of the townies, when made playable, are at the start of a normal-length adult stage instead of the 112 days they should have with the mod I have. I've just been aging them down and then aging them right back up to "reset" them. Then if I want to I'll subtract days from them using the Sim Blender if I don't want them to be right at the start of their adulthood, say to be more in line with their partner's age. So, aging down and then up works. I think they might get extra "grow up" memories, but I've frankly never checked and I personally don't really care about memories much, so if they do have extras, it doesn't bother me.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 5:43 AM
I've also changed ages with SimPE, because honestly, it's annoying with premades to have to age down and age up everyone, get all the extra memories, and then use hacks to set them to whatever age they ought to be.
The only downside of doing it that way is that, since my mod lengthens all life stages, the sim reads at the max days to next life stage until the mod catches up with it. (Adult=116 days to Elder with the mod, until the Adult reaches 29 days to elder the adult's age meter reads 29 days to elder. Day after day after year after year. But the ACR token reports it correctly, so I'm okay with that.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh