Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 11:16 PM Last edited by Simonut : 16th Mar 2014 at 5:06 AM.
Default Clean Template
After so many years I have decided I want to start over fresh with my Sims, and just play Pleasantview and my Custom hood. I have been looking at "Clean Templates."
I have read about hidden neighborhoods ( Stealth ) how to disable them In my case it would only be Pets and Seasons, my concern is if I do so ( use Stealth method) I do not want to lose all my NPCs or some townies.

I will need the NPCs and Townies for my community lots like restaurant and other ventures as needed for Pleasantview and for my Custom hood.
So I guess my question is if I should use a "Clean template" such as Tarlia's and do the "Stealth steps" will I lose my NPCs and townies in my two Neighborhood I will play?

That really is my main concern, because I do have a lot of community lots in my Customs hood where the Sims can go ( I did not add NL to it ) everything they need is in there. ( NPC and townie are needed there )
But Pleasantview that a different story I do want NL to be added, and still want to have a few NPC and townies as needed. I do use Pescado Mods to cut back on the amount of NPC and Townies. Before I do anything I want to do the right thing.

Just so you know I am not interest in the empty template ( just too much work ) It took me many months to build home lots and community lot and to make Sims and hunt down good Sims by other creators Sims, for my Custom hood.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:19 AM
Hi Simonut ; for my vacation hood I just took out "no townie regen" , until it was populated enough with townies.
My game has everything installed except "Holidays" ... and I have the mod that only allows one npc per "hobby lot" , for instance.
When you have enough townies, you can exit the game and put the " no townie regen" back in the game.
( I am assuming you have that mod ?)
My game also has empty stealth hoods from MATY.

Here is something interesting I discovered. When I installed the ' clean ' Tarlia's B.C. neighborhood, there were about 62 character files. After adding Twikkii Island ; exited the game and removed " no townie regen " to the desktop.
Went back into B.C. and renamed it and took a couple on a 7 day vacation to an owned vacation house/lot.
While my couple were enjoying the beach and attractions, they were also put to work giving the townies a change of attire and plastic surgery for those who needed it. :p
After their vacation was up, they went back to their home in the re-christened "Penumbra".
Exited the game and looked at the character files. 143 of them. So it looks like there are enough vacation townies .
Saved a copy of the game and loaded it up again and played the vacation couple in Penumbra for about 2 sim days.
Exited again and looked at the character files. 204 files ! So I reloaded the saved game with 143 files, and put the "no townie.." hack back in ; since I like to create all my townies in the base neighborhood.

That's how it worked in my game. It's nice to have mods to control the character files , in my opinion. Kudos to the creators of the hacks/mods !

" Inama Nushif "
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:59 AM Last edited by Simonut : 16th Mar 2014 at 5:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Hi Simonut ; for my vacation hood I just took out "no townie regen" , until it was populated enough with townies.
My game has everything installed except "Holidays" ... and I have the mod that only allows one npc per "hobby lot" , for instance.
When you have enough townies, you can exit the game and put the " no townie regen" back in the game.
( I am assuming you have that mod ?)
My game also has empty stealth hoods from MATY.

@>> Tleilaxu >> Thank you I was thinking I could do that with "Notownie regen and for The NPC, but I do not have the Vacation BV Eps I have all Eps from base up to Seasons nothing after Seasons. My worry is using the method to Disabling Stealth with Clean template ( I need some Npcs and some townie in the game for my Custom hood and Pleasantview . I think my mind is getting a bit confuse where is Peni or Mootilda at ? lol.

I have not started on any of these changes yet want to make sure It's done right. ( not saying you are wrong at all ) thanks again.

Scholar
#4 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:45 AM
If by " disabling stealth hoods", you mean installing empty stealth hoods ( in place of the usual sims that 'bloat' the game --- those sims who come automatically with the stealth hoods...) I think that if you take out and set aside the "no townie regen" mod after installing empty stealth hoods , you should get townies and npc's again.
Just replace the "no townie reg." when your neighborhood has enough townies.

Do you have the hack that only allows one npc per object (chef stove,etc.) or hobby lot ? I can find the hack for you or also check out Mootilda's thread on essential mods -- it's great ! The game only allows one npc for each needed, but will generate a new one --- like when I killed off my tour guide in favor of a different gender.

Just have to download the right program for what you have.
Sorry if this sounds confusing....it's about time I head off to bed.

Also, when I went over to MATY to find empty stealth hoods ( so I could create most of my own townies), the directions and downloads for empty stealth hoods were different for those with apartment life ---and those who do not have that exp. pack, which I have installed along with all the rest . Apt. life has given me some grief, but I like having apt. buildings with my own playables and my townie creations. I am the master of all I survey ! Muhahahahaha !!!!!

Just my own opinion ,and also because I've had a tendency to ask silly questions --- don't ask dumb things at MATY. The moderators there just like people to know and understand what they (the posters) want.Not a bad way to operate as it's taught me to look around on google and especially the game faqs here at MTS ; BEFORE I ask questions. After searching around , I'll ask when I'm really stumped and/or stuck.

Probably Mootilda or Peni will have a better answer for you.
Good luck and let me know if you want a link for where I found the empty stealth hoods. It gets confusing because different hacks work for different sims2 games , depending on what you've got installed ; but I can try to point you in the right direction.
I do more reading here than posting... but I could discuss sims 2 forever and ever. In real life I don't have even one friend that plays this game !
Have a nice evening, what's left of it !

" Inama Nushif "
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:00 PM
You'll always have enough NPCs for your community lots. Even with notownieregen installed, the game will create NPCs to work as waiters, cashiers, DJs etc.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#6 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
I could discuss sims 2 forever and ever. In real life I don't have even one friend that plays this game !

I have never met another sims2 player. For all I know, I'm the only player in the world, and posters on MTS are just figments of Maxi's diseased imagination. If only I could walk to a high street cafe, and spend hours talking sims to someone! Ah, well ....
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:37 PM
I can't help you about the stealth 'hoods because I don't have the necessary EPs, but I have used Tarlia's base game 'hoods. You should have no problems with her Pleasantview as it has all the same townies and NPCs as the Maxis original. I think some of the long-dead ancestors may be missing, but that's about all. Oh, and Bella is a townie.

Tarlia has two versions of Downtown, one with the Downtownies and one without. Make sure to use the one with them, and you'll have all your favourites including the Tricous. (Of course every installation of Downtown gives the Downtownies different names.)

As Nysha says, the game always generates enough NPC's when they're needed.

Tarlia's versions of Strangetown and Veronaville come with hardly any townies or NPCs. For test purposes I tried playing her Veronaville, and it was awful without the townies. I got nothing but Capps and Montys on community lots, and they just started fighting each other. If you ever want to play either her Strangetown or her Veronaville, I strongly recommend creating or spawning townies.
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:07 PM
I've been playing Tarlia's Strangetown. For my own devious reasons, I've enjoyed creating townies as the poor city of Strangetown was decimated by a nuclear accident ( Or, that's what PT9 told Jenny before succumbing to radiation illness...); and most if not all of the townies are haggard-looking and gaunt, with threadbare clothing and dark circles under their eyes.

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I have never met another sims2 player. For all I know, I'm the only player in the world, and posters on MTS are just figments of Maxi's diseased imagination. If only I could walk to a high street cafe, and spend hours talking sims to someone! Ah, well ....

I feel like that too. Probably why I enjoy reading the posts on this website so much; they are like a conversation with invisible people.

A little shamefacedly I must confess that while I play I do have conversations with invisible people. I go on and on to the empty room about the history of my Sims, why they got divorced; who that baby's father really is and how it came about; how I am going to develop this business plan and why; oh, on and on. I sincerely hope my house is not bugged!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You'll always have enough NPCs for your community lots. Even with notownieregen installed, the game will create NPCs to work as waiters, cashiers, DJs etc.

@>> Nysha >> Thank you I getting my courage and faith back, after your reply.
@>> Andrew Gloria>> Thank you I needed to know that, now I am really ready
@>> Tleilaxu 3>> You was the first to answer my post with your first reply of help thank you much.

To all members who have reply on this post or others who still may share their input on here you MTS members are "Awesome" sharing is good for the whole of all.