Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 2:00 AM
Default A new contest at MTS2!
As many of you may have noticed, lately there's seems to be a rush to be the first to respond. If you've been wondering about all the "Yay! I'm first" posts, then you're not alone. Now you're probably asking yourself what great prizes we have in mind. Just what will being first get you?

Well, the answer is.. nothing. There isn't a contest. There are aren't fabulous prizes. You don't even win any bragging rights.

Post counts mean nothing. Really.. Actually, saying there aren't any prizes isn't true. Continuous off topic posts will earn you a genuine MTS2 warning. These can be collected and redeemed for things (like a ban) in as little as two weeks!

So please, if you have something to say, we'd really like to hear it. However, just letting us know you're fast isn't necessary
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 2:13 AM
Thanks for helping to take out more of the nuisances here at MTS2
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 3:21 AM
yay Im second! no im just kidding....It does get a little annoying...but i did it once....i am ashamed....
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 3:33 AM
good thing. i dont care about post counts at all. occasionally i see somebodys post count (in there profile thingy) to see how many u need for the next special name. i only say something if the post count i saw was really creepy or something. (i saw a 666 today... i almost cried)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 4:29 AM
I was pleased when the post count was removed. It seems to have helped reduce clutter in the threads from people trying to up their post counts.
A warning about 'I'm first' posts is another step in the right direction..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 4:42 AM
yes... I'm getting tired of those who state the obvious, it's not very hard to see who posted first, and I've never actually cared about who posted first. It's very silly, it's good to see a warning about it...
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 6:17 AM
First Post issues? Reminds me of slashdot...

Glad to see that problem nipped in the bud.

Thanks CynicalChick.

- Coffee
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 7:13 AM
hey, well i dont really understand what the fuss is all about. i mean, whats the problem with saying yay, im first for once? obviously it doesnt meen anything if you say it, all youre saying is that youre surprised you were the first to comment. if youre just saying 'yay, im first!' and thats all that is in youre post, fair enough. but if you say 'yay, im first! and i really like ur mesh because etc etc,' whats the problem?
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 7:15 AM
its um..retarded..who cares if youre first second tenth 50th. Posting is supposed to leave compliments or feedback, not toot your own horn for happening to be first on a thread.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 7:19 AM
chinkles: If you really want to say "Yay I'm first", say it in your head. The mods here have enough on their hands any-hoo.

cynicalChick: OMG, once I read your thread and the title, I nearly cried myself into insanity. But yes, on a more serious note, plz don't check the Latest Thread section, see a newly posted thread, then go and say "Yay I'm first!". It's just not on :down:
Forum Resident
#11 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 6:01 PM
i dont know if i ever said yay i'm first or w/e but i dont honestly see it as a problem but it could get outta control so yep, glad you're tryin to stop it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 6:29 PM
i hate wen ppl do that.honestly. after im done creating something that annoying little person has to pop up and say 'yay im first!'...and dont even bother leaving a comment...if they do leave a comment i know they didnt even bother to look at the post but i think we should leave the bragging about posting to a minimumand n e ways...isnt the person who first posted FIRST n e ways...hmmmmmmm lol
#13 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 9:41 PM
I agree it's not a contest to see who gets the most posts. I was one of though people at a dif forum but here (looks at post count) I'm obviosly (sp) not :-D I just love the downloads & learning how to make objects & edit sim.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 10:20 PM Last edited by eddief66 : 7th Sep 2005 at 9:59 PM.
Yay! I'm 13th! Where's my prize?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 11:50 PM
the only thing i can say is counters on posts are silly why not get rid of them and just have Admin <put next to the admins and maybe special modders that have put a lot of effort into the site etc... I dont care for post counts and ive never really been botherd by the redicoules threads people make

also good idea to make apost on it
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 12:07 AM
I do not like it when people do that(Booyah!!! I beat it to the punch line before everyone else)!!! :nana::fight: I find it inmature and not right for other members of the community, to not have chance!!!! :taekwondo

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 3:28 AM
Thankyou! For anyone who's ever played World of Warcraft, the "first" comments usually come from what we call the "B.Net crowd"... and no, that's not a compliment =p
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 6:33 AM
i blame livejournal for it all.

it all started there.
Scholar
#19 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 9:02 PM
i never did get what the big deal is about post counts i mean its not like you get money for every post you make or somthing all posts do especially ones that have nuthing to do about anything do is clog up the forums...was very happy to see the counter gone...i think many forums should go away with that too...if they dont keep a count of posts then just maybe ppl wont go post nutty...thank you mts2 for all your work
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 6:37 PM
Default retarded
I detest it when people use the word retarded out of context. How bout, "it' stupid."
Blessings,
Chanda

Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
its um..retarded..who cares if youre first second tenth 50th. Posting is supposed to leave compliments or feedback, not toot your own horn for happening to be first on a thread.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#21 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 9:23 PM
Thank you, CynicalChick!! And LyricLee too, for your excellent explanation as to why "yay im first" is annoying.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 3:16 AM
Personally, I think that the way to rid the problem is to change the way "Titles" are earned or *perceived to be earned. If the site restructured them so that it was related directly to how long one had been a member of the site, I think you would see a lot less of the silliness that goes along with some posts and makes sifting for real feedback and important information so very tedious at times.

:flamer:
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 12:40 PM
I see that your warning has done no good whatsoever, people are still saying "I am the first". what numbskulls!!! they act like they have just one the nobel prize or something.
I hardly ever comment except to click the thank you button, unless it is something spectacular and then I might make a comment about it.

But at least you tried to get them to stop.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 11:27 PM
Ok, please excuse my ignorance here. I have seen several "Yay I am first" posts, and I dont really see the point or the meaning of it... is it some sort of contest between some members here... or what? But then, I am 38, and perhaps not so overly exited if I happend to be first or 56th in a thread.
Inventor
#25 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 11:52 PM Last edited by jms : 11th Oct 2005 at 6:42 PM. Reason: ...
argggh this is so anoying!.
i have seen people mainly test subjects just put down. "yay im first to post"

or "yay first post. oh thankyou". how rude its kind of pathetic i am just glad the mts2 community and the creator has uploaded such a great item i normaly say great job thanx for sharing, or somthing like that. why arethey doing it mabye because they want to get their post counts up mabye they are just idiotic i don't know.
Page 1 of 2