Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 11:06 PM
Who the hell disagree'd with the OP
Thank you, very helpfull since CAW is giving me the cold shoulder right now..........

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
Who the hell disagree'd with the OP
Thank you, very helpfull since CAW is giving me the cold shoulder right now..........

It's probably the same person who sometimes marks my serious posts as 'funny'!
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 11:57 PM
I'm using game version 6.0.81 which version would I use??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 12:33 AM
joseph_marler123, I would recommend to update your basegame and each EP/Sp and then download the latest version of CAW.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...elp:Patch_Table
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 12:14 PM
Thank you so much for this advise, simsample.
I have been trying for a few weeks to progress on a CAW project, and have restarted from scratch several times [thinking the error must be mine!] but when I get so far into the project CAW keeps crashing, often as soon as it is loaded.
The fact that everything went smoothly until my world got to a certain size seemed to fit with the notion that CAW wasn't able to handle the data [mine is only a medium world, too!]
The most consistent error I got was the 'Exception Information: Attempted to read or write ........ corrupt'
I followed your instructions re. Large Address Aware, restarted and, just like magic CAW works! No crashes! Went to Edit in Game. Placed 4 community rabbitholes and built two community lots and it saved, returned to CAW with no probs, and I just can't believe it! Yay!
I am sooooo happy!
So, simsample,
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:29 AM
I'm glad it helped, scorpiobabe! Well done for fixing your game.

The credit really goes to all of the people on this forum who figured out these fixes originally, though. All I did was to make a list with some links.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 3:45 AM
Thanks Kiritra, I had no issues updating my game to latest version and installing CAW, either. The default ini was correct. However, I'm leaving it in since it may help others who are using older gameversions for some reason.

For your problem, do you mean that you get lag as soon as you install Riverview? If so, that sounds like either your Riverview install isn't correct or else you have a conflict. Do you have other CC installed?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 4:21 AM
Ah, try renaming the lot. It could be that the game is looking for an STBL reference which isn't there (as the lots in Riverview are referenced rather than named in the lot file).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 11:14 AM
Possibly, it's worth a try. Just renaming the lot should be enough to test that theory!
Forum Resident
#35 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiritra
good thing it got left new version of CAW is gone apparently, well at least to the direct links....

Never got around to to testing that had the idea that my CAW trick could be applied to other uses in my head, so I had at it....

Total rewrite on my post including, a working workaround for any EP and CAW, not sure but I think I did good :p

Ack! I'm getting confused

I uninstalled the caw version 1.11.12 I had installed right when the new version came out, and downloaded the latest one from the the Sims 3 website, installed, and it still says version 1.11.12

Is this the new version, they just did not change the version number, or what? I need to upload the new one and change out the 1.11.12 link I have posted if that's the case, I don't want people downloading the old broken one. As it is now, that particular version has over 800 downloads. (I'm not sure why since it's supposed to be the same as is available on the Sims 3 site.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 1:37 AM
That's correct Auntielynds, the latest version is 1.11.12:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table
Forum Resident
#37 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That's correct Auntielynds, the latest version is 1.11.12:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table

Yes, I know that, I'm confused because Kiritra was saying there is an even more current version, but it's still comes up as 1.11.12

EA has a new version without that issue for now just get it from the normal create-a-world download link.......

good thing it got left new version of CAW is gone apparently, well at least to the direct links....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 9:05 PM
I'm not sure what Kiritra meant, unless they re-issued the same version?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 8:05 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Kiritra! Your tutorial is much appreciated.
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 7:48 PM
Right I need help and please in not too technical language because I don't have a degree in IT all I try to do is to get my stupid CAW working.....

I'm trying to get my caw to work and it just simply won't. At first my EIG wouldn't work, so I tried Zaide_Chris's quickfix http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453161 and EIG opened without problems. However when I did try to open my world again in CAW it told me "cannot open file".

At this stage I am as far as figuring out that apparently my versions are mismatched, plus I don't have Generations and no intentions to buy it (because it's a stupid EP and I'm not gonna waste any money on it)
At this stage I have figured out that my

Basegame is at version 1.24.012002
World Adventures is at version 2.0.86.002002
Ambitions is at version 4.10.1.011031
Late Night is at version 6.5.1.011031
CAW is at version 1.11.9.0.11037

so here's my problem.....I take it that since i don't have generations I'll probably have to get an older version of CAW and "undo" the most recent patch on my game because I don't have Generations. How do I "undo" patches? I get that I will have to uninstall CAW and re install it but I'm not going to uninstall my actual game because then I'm gonna loose all my stuff on it...... anyway to fix this?
Forum Resident
#41 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 7:59 PM
I'm assuming you do not have town life, so I'll tell you the same thing I just posted in another thread.

Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
A lot of people have had an issue with the town life patch, and most of them have been resolved by using Kiritra's method of changing the caw versions. in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450303 If I were you I'd install the latest version of caw, and do this workaround. It really only takes a few minutes to do a reinstall of Caw, clearing your cache files in between. This thread has the same workaround with pictures. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...18.page#5978211

Simsample may have better advice, but this is what I would do.
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:10 PM
right....but I don't have Generations so will the newest CAW work? I tried the workaround with the versions I had and it wouldn't let me do it
Forum Resident
#43 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:22 PM
I have all the EP's, and SP's, but from what I understand, if you don't have Generations, unless your game is not fully patched, you need Caw version 1.11.12, (most recent), and the EIG workaround. The EIG batch file Zaide_Chris made is perfect.

Now for the no Town Life workaround, again Caw version 1.11.12, and Kiritra's workaround.

Unless I'm confused, this should work. Oh, ya, you must cross your fingers, and knock on wood, tap your heels together three times, and repeat the phrase, "I just want my Caw to work.................... I just want my Caw to work........................... I just want my Caw to work...........................
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 9:00 PM
Thanks for the advice, auntielynds!

elvgrengirl, could you please read my first post again for me? I've made some changes to it, the thread by Kiritra was already linked in my first post, but it seems people weren't seeing it. So I've juggled things around a bit, does it make more sense?

There is a bit in Kiritra's thread about not having the latest EP.
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 5:39 PM
Hi everybody,sorry that I'm only getting back now, my internet broke on me so I was without for a few days :/ anyways, I I tried auntielynds suggestion but my computer won't let me change the default.ini of my game it tells me "Access is denied" even though I switched off my UAC....... so I'll have to figure out how i can change it now....really feel like throwing it out the window now.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 11:22 PM
Take a deep breath................

You can try opening it as administrator, or, copy it to the desktop, alter and save, then replace the original with the altered one.
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 5:17 PM
YAAAAYYYY oh my god it works!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 7:26 PM
I have a little problem that I don't think has been addressed, and I don't want to make a thread just for it ,so I'm asking here.
Lately when I'm in CAW Norton has been giving me a high CPU usage alert, and it says that CAW is using 100% of one CPU. That's pretty scary to me.
So what do I do? Has anyone else had this occur?
I have a AMD Athlon II X4 processor 2.80 GHz.
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 8:19 PM
Yes I have
Quote: Originally posted by Sir Harvey
YES. WOOOOOO! Thanks. :D

Hey, has anybody found the CAW version 1.11.4? I can't find a mirror of it or anything.

Don't know if your still looking for it but:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lv3hhfnbgejnacw

Got it from the very helpful post at:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450303
Forum Resident
#50 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megshush
I have a little problem that I don't think has been addressed, and I don't want to make a thread just for it ,so I'm asking here.
Lately when I'm in CAW Norton has been giving me a high CPU usage alert, and it says that CAW is using 100% of one CPU. That's pretty scary to me.
So what do I do? Has anyone else had this occur?
I have a AMD Athlon II X4 processor 2.80 GHz.

I get it all the time. Don't know if I should, but I just ignore it.
I'm running on my laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo, P7350 2.00GHz, 4.00GB ram

and my PC, Core i5-650 Dual-Core 3.2GHz 8GB ram

I get the message on both.
Page 2 of 9