Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 8:45 PM Last edited by elfy78 : 1st Aug 2014 at 9:01 PM.
Default starting first legacy. have question
Hi. I'm going to try the legacy challenge for the first time. I already made my sim and bought the biggest empty lot in roaring heights but he still has 8k left. Aren't they suppose to start off with little money? What should I do and how much money should he start off with?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 9:08 PM
A one person household is supposed to start off with 16,500 simoleons. After buying the lot, with the rest you could try to build him a shelter and the basic necessities, although some people allow their sim to sleep on park benches and shower at the gym until they have enough to build a starter house from doing whatever jobs you give him. Or you could just buy him a tent to sleep in on your lot, but you will have to use the showers and toilets on community lots unless you at least build a bathroom.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 10:06 PM
Could be the lot isn't the largest in the game. In Sims 2 your sim is left with about 1.5 K so you could reduce your funds to make the start harder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 3:23 AM
Thanks all. I used nrass to drop my funds to 1300. Unfortunately, I had my sim tag a wall and he got arrested. He's now at 200. lol.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elfy78
I already made my sim and bought the biggest empty lot in roaring heights but he still has 8k left.
I had the same problem, use the cheat code to reduce money or NRaaS as you mentioned doing already.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:47 AM
use testingcheatsenabled true then put it familyfunds [last name of your sim here] [1400 here)