Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game reset after defragmentation of computer
Hey guys. My game has randomly reset before, and I didn't understand why, it took ages to get things back so I thought I'd post here to get some guidance. I defragged my computer yesterday and today when trying to play the sims 3 I noticed my cc wasn't working (opening theme played.) I closed the game to look but all my mods were exactly the same. Made a new resource.cfg just in case and loaded again, same thing. I also noticed the resolution was different, so I let the game load up to choose my last save, but no saves showed up. I closed the game again and looked in my saves folder, everything is there exactly the same. This happened to me before and I think I had to just start over with my game. I've taken out the mods folder and put it back in, restarted computer, made sure everything is patched....the ONLY difference is that I defragged my computer. Also I do not think last time that I had recently defragged beforehand so I don't know what would have caused it in the past. Please help, all folders are as they should be with cc, it worked fine before the defrag. Oh, just remembered. I did the defrag because I purchased the professional version of ccleaner with 3 other programs, one that does defrag for me. I used ccleaner to clean up files and registry, but I've done this several times before without this issue, just want to give that info.

I have windows 10 pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Resource.cfg contents
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I use ccleaner before and I have to say it is a gawd awful program. When it cleans your registry, it will delete many things you need. Unless you are tech saavy, I recommend you NOT to use this program.

I have to agree; never give a third party program admin privileges unless you know exactly what it is doing.

@darkflwrs Are you running the game through Origin? If so, you could repair the install.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I have to agree; never give a third party program admin privileges unless you know exactly what it is doing.

@darkflwrs Are you running the game through Origin? If so, you could repair the install.

Yes, I am, however, I actually think my issue comes from the origin update to the sims 3 launcher. I hadn't opened origin in like a month cause I just use a shortcut to play the sims. I found that for some reason the game is making a completely new EA folder in my microsoft onedrive folder, which is why it's not seeing my saves or cc. I looked up the patch on simsvip and someone posted the exact same issue, that their game was creating a new folder and using that one instead of the original one...i can just move all my content there, but do you guys know anyway to fix this? i don't really want my stuff in onedrive. Thanks for the responses and help so far!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 5:19 PM
We have a player at NRaas who just performed a clean Win 10 reinstall and found that their new TS3 install put their game folder on OneDrive. They don't even want to use OneDrive and don't remember being asked if that's where "Documents" should go, so their solution was to deactivate OD entirely.

We don't all want to be in the cloud. I wish MS would pay attention to what they are doing sometimes and how it might affect users. But, then again, that might just make things worse.
/end short_rant
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 5:57 PM
Where is the one drive located at? Is it in the public user or the current user? Could someone copy paste the path here please?
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Zhumi : 27th Dec 2015 at 7:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Where is the one drive located at? Is it in the public user or the current user? Could someone copy paste the path here please?

The path to mine is just C:\Users\(NAME)\OneDrive\Documents. And the path to My Documents or w/e is the same, minus the OneDrive, so I'm not sure why it just decided to go there at all.

Edit: Okay, I figured something out. Just find the OneDrive icon, right click, find settings, autosave, and choose This PC Only. I also pressed the Unlink OneDrive option. Not sure which one worked, though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 7:16 PM
@Zhumi Thanks for posting the solution! Hopefully this will work for others, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 3:14 AM
@Zhumi thanks so much! that worked like a charm!