Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Zhumi : 27th Dec 2015 at 7:08 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Electronics Folder Not Installed In My Documents
As the titles says, my "Electronic Arts"/Sims 3 solder wasn't installed in my documents upon installation of the game. Instead, it was placed in my onedrive folder for some reason. I don't want it there, obviously, especially since I think it might be lagging my game, but I'm not sure how to move the folder and have the game recognize the new location. Help?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:07 PM
We have another poster with that issue at the moment:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...429#post4936429

Are there any settings for the One Drive that could be changed to stop this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Zhumi : 27th Dec 2015 at 7:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
We have another poster with that issue at the moment:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...429#post4936429

Are there any settings for the One Drive that could be changed to stop this?

I'm actually not sure. I've never really used it. It was always something that was just there for no reason. I've been trying to google how to deactivate it, but so far I'm having a bit of trouble with that. Mainly, I can't run gpedit.msc. Simply hiding it through the registry doesn't work either, because the Sims 3 still manages to find it and creates a folder there.

Edit: Okay, I figured something out. Just find the OneDrive icon, right click, find settings, autosave, and choose This PC Only. I also pressed the Unlink OneDrive option. Not sure which one worked--but yeah, problem solved.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 7:15 PM
Thanks for the solution, @Zhumi!