Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#326 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
So, is there actually any birds flying in bird watching (like in the initial screenshot) or just the sims looking through the binoculars?

So far no one has reported being able to see the birds
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:41 AM
Bah! I knew I was wasting my time >>
Field Researcher
#328 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:56 AM
I don't know if everybody have seen it yet, but the moderators have opened a "free time" picture topic on the picture section! I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Stupid people are stupid
#329 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by macthekat
I don't know if everybody have seen it yet, but the moderators have opened a "free time" picture topic on the picture section! I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

You beat me! I thought it would be a good thing to post it here, but you were way ahead of me.
#330 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:11 PM
I have a question for those who have the game. What new songs come with it? Besides Natasha Bedingfield, that is...
Instructor
#331 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:17 PM
Thank you very much, leos_pride and FrootLoop! XD XD XD
#332 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:20 PM
I'm in agony right now. According to the websites, not a single store near me has it... I will be calling around like mad today just to be sure, though. It wouldn't be the first time a store has lied to me.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:39 PM
I got it today, I'm so happy! I just took a quick look at everything, and I LOVE the new objects, especially the toddler's stuff. Going to move in my downloads slowly, and hopefully everything will be compatible.

Martine
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:02 PM
frootloop & leos: thanks for keeping us updated! i can't wait to get out of work and grab my copy! quick question, this could be for everyone. does anyone have an hacks or global mods in their game right now? i know the insim sim edition won't work, but i usually like to have the object edition. what about defaults?
Field Researcher
#335 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:21 PM
You guys totally rock. From the posted pictures to the questions answered and asked. This was all VERY informative. Much obliged!
#336 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:25 PM
Yes, Thank You to everyone for putting up with your infinite questions! Much appreciated!
Forum Resident
#337 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:35 PM
Nearly there for me...my order has been posted by Play. Should be here by Friday *SQUEE*

Wont be able to play it till about Sunday though, because real life has to go and get in the way of me needing to go partying this weekend...dam life..lol

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Field Researcher
#338 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:53 PM
I like new clothes for toddler.
Test Subject
#339 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:58 PM
aww not sure if this was mentioned already but toddlers can now learn nursery rhymes, it's too cute!
#340 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 4:45 PM
ty for the start up strings btw, i got the game meanwhile and as i'm writing this it's installing
i will probabbly post some screenies...
Mad Poster
#341 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:11 PM
This is really cool, I can't wait to get my copy.

As for the birds, didn't you guys see the old screen shots at the official site? There were birds in one of them when Sims were birdwatching.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#342 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:09 PM
You're welcome guys :D

Now that more people are getting their hands on the game some of the questions LP and I weren't able to answer (or missed) will be answered for you. I'm going to start adding my mods in after work so we'll see how that goes.

Hopefully someone will have already done it and started a thread so I'll know what I can add and what I can't *hint, hint*

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a heap of updated (or still compatible) mods at MATY already.

Gotta get to work. Bye
#343 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:11 PM
So this is Victor and Pauline Aspir's personality.
How does this make sense? They have 1 point in Active.. yet they're Pisces?

(Yeah, just hit post too soon, meant to preview to check it. Thanks Faith )

Also, another question.. is retired (and getting paid for it) an old feature or a new one? I've never played with an elder very long

Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Can you put the toddler drawings on the wall??

Yep I think they look kind of awkward.. too small.. it'd be cuter if you could put a couple on one wall, like slightly above and below each other or something.
Field Researcher
#344 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:22 PM
I'm excited. My game is waiting for me at gamestop. When my husband gets home from work, he's going to drive me over to get it!!! I'm soooooo happy! In about 4 hours, i'll be playing the game!
Top Secret Researcher
#345 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:41 PM
My copy's in the middle of 'Processing', housemate's has already been dispatched. Can't wait, even if it means I have to camp out on her bed while she's playing it.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#346 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
My copy's in the middle of 'Processing', housemate's has already been dispatched. Can't wait, even if it means I have to camp out on her bed while she's playing it.

Can't you both install using the same cd and code?
Top Secret Researcher
#347 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
Can't you both install using the same cd and code?

And play it at the same time? :P

Once I'm getting Freetime, I'm not going to stop playing until I fall asleep.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#348 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 9:03 PM
Thanks again Frootloop, this is very generous of you and you are being extremely patient with all these questions!!! You really have no obligation to provide all this information and you are doing a great job:D...and also the others who are giving us sneakpeeks!!!! thanks
Mad Poster
#349 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 9:05 PM
They need the CD for the game to run. Also, for the pics, maybe you could use the Downshift and the Upshift by FatD on MTS to place them a bit higher/lower that their default height.
#350 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 9:09 PM
Yeah, but at least you could play it when your roommate isn't!

And thanks, crocobaura. That's a good idea, I should give that a try. That would probably be really cute.

Anyway, small tidbit of mostly useless information..
You can place the plates your Sims can make from the pottery wheel either on a counter or on the wall

Also, I love how many little starter houses Desiderata Valley has. I don't mind Maxis made houses, usually.. and most of them have good potential for changes.
Page 14 of 18