Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#401 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 3:11 AM
Yeah, there must have been a reason for the birds to have been left out. If you ask me, I think they were probably supposed to be the birds from the neighborhood decorations. Maybe they were supposed to come alive this time but there were issues.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 4:12 AM
Regarding the no-birds-bug: Could it be a problem akin to seeing no fish? That is, do you need to make sure shaders are turned on in the game?
#403 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 4:35 AM
I can always see fish.. I'm thinking there really aren't any birds to see
Instructor
#404 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 8:12 AM
LOL. I get the feeling that FrootLoop unofficially became the Freetime Player ginuea pig for the rest of us?? =]

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Mad Poster
#405 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 8:37 AM
I think you need to have the birds from the neighbourhood decoration placed out in order to be able to see them. I remember there was someone saying that they could see them from in lot view.
Test Subject
#406 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 11:30 AM
This is torture, I have Freetime in my hand but cannot install yet. have to save downloads on disc and it says 48 minutes remaining.
Forum Resident
#407 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:58 PM
I'VE GOT IT! Yay! It just dropped in the mailbox.
But just like carolobrien I will have to backup everything first and that's gonna take a while. :P
Forum Resident
#408 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 2:59 PM
I got home today, and there it was, lying on the door mat..

I too have to do me back ups first though -sigh-...

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Forum Resident
#409 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 3:28 PM
I'm sorry. I don't know where I can post this elswere.
I just played it with my downloads, but all my doors, windows and stairs (and all that sort of things) didn't show up. Does that mean they're all not compatable?

Edit: everything does appear now.
Test Subject
#410 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 3:42 PM
Default I do have birds as decorations in the neighborhood
and I did not see any birds when my sims were bird watching. I have a really good graphics card and see fish, shadows, everything else.
#411 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 4:46 PM
i got the game 2 days ago XD
Alchemist
#412 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cherid87120
and I did not see any birds when my sims were bird watching. I have a really good graphics card and see fish, shadows, everything else.

no birds here either. I don't think there are any
#413 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 6:32 PM
No birds here either. I zoomed all the way out too. Bummer.
#414 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 11:39 PM
I think birdwatching works along the lines of 'stargaze/look through' with the telescope, wherein the sims think about it really hard. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#415 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 11:45 PM
Even in Cameraman mode, the birds don't seem to show up. Maybe it's some graphics issues guys. Unless it's for every graphics card out there. Hopefully a patch will be out soon. Because if I remember correctly in one of the pictures on the main site, birds were seen as birdwatching occoured.

Oh and BTW, I got the game and it's loverly. The neighborhood and loading music are fracking awesome! :D

Mad Poster
#416 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 12:06 AM
I just got mine today at Target, I'm so excited! I can't wait to play but I am going to browse a bit through these forums first to make sure of any issues people are having so I can be on the lookout for them.
#417 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 1:04 AM
i just got it today i guess its ok i hadn't experienced all the neat things that can happen so i am a little board with it but i am sure that will change
Test Subject
#418 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:48 AM
I finally, finally, finally found my copy today! I dove in and began playing around with my Legacy spare's household. Bethany, the spare heiress, is naturally inclined to Fitness, while her husband, Nathan, is toward the Music and Dance side of things. Their adopted daughter, Sara Allegra, takes after her dad and is inclined toward Music and Dance.

Nathan however, is becoming an Arts and Crafts addict, because he kept rolling wants for getting sewing and pottery badges, and through caring for my three orchid trees on the lot, Bethany also managed to get membership to the Nature club. So, it's not too insanely difficult to keep your simmies interested in more than one hobby, if you find you like one of the ones they're not naturally inclined toward better.

They're both fortune-aspiration sims, so that will probably explain some of their new wants.

I managed to get Sara Allegra in the zone, although I wish My Muse was a little more...filled with things.

And then I promptly got Bethany pregnant (something I wasn't exactly planning to do), so that way I could try out the parenting skill and see the aspiration bonuses from birth and growing up, etc. Little Nora Audrey was born just as I decided to call it a night, since I have to pack for my vacation on Sunday. (Eeep.)

So far, I haven't noticed any major bugs or issues, and I'm not running a vanilla game. (I installed MATY's Free-Time hacks already.) I hope it stays that way. ::knock on wood::

I really love the new toddler furniture, and the violin is amazing. My simmies are super-addicted to the synthesizer, which probably explains how I was able to get my sim-kid in the zone in around two days. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface on this pack. So many more families to play, and so many more hobbies to discover. I'm curious about the tinkering hobby, and I already know I'm going to have a lot of Arts and Crafts-interested sims, because I really like the two new badge skills.
#419 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:31 AM
whats a legacy sim.
#420 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:44 AM
A 'legacy sim' is a sim from a Legacy family challenge. See here: http://www.legacychallenge.com/ The Legacy Challenge is one of the most popular and well known challenges many people strive for. Some people have Legacy families several generations long, which was started as one founder and grown over time.

I have never had the patience for legacies, though I think I did have one family four generations long once.
Test Subject
#421 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 10:40 AM
yay! I just got freetime. As soon as I woke up I went down to Zavvi and bought it. Am just moving out my downloads ready for the install as we speak. yay!
Alchemist
#422 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
Pinky Promise!

yeah, i know you told me to remove them, well i got the game today and accedently left them in and it works okay (phew!)
#423 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:39 AM
I just installed it, YES! I also picked up the last EP I didn't have (besides this one-Uni) so I am doubly happy.

I did a quick play with the Aspir family and checked out the new Comp with TS3 on it. I kind of like the preview of TS3 and the browse web option was nice too. Grandpa had fun browsing the web, and mom made a potholder, lol.

All-in-all, I think I'll really love this EP. So many new things to do. I have a feeling I'll be exploring for some time to come.
Mad Poster
#424 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:50 AM
I've been playing a clean vanilla game and so far no bugs either except for the game tips bug where all the old EP tips are included and will not stop popping up. Other than that, it's been a great game!
#425 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 1:17 PM
I got my game yesterday, but when I got home I was so tired & fell asleep. Now I can't play 'til this afternoon because of damn college work!!
I'm dying to play!!
Page 17 of 18