Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:56 PM
Default Some CC(clothes) showing up with missing textures and mis-shapen?
Hi, whenever i download CC from various sim sites some show up fine but others show up with weird/missing textures or weirdly morphed and nothing like the preview image, i don't know what the issue is.

That's a pic of one of the items that show up weird, the first color is fine then the rest are messed up.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:07 PM
I don't know what your setting are like sim-quality wise, but some creators note that their items look wrong in CAS but fine in game, have you tried taking one of the items into a live play with a sim?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:56 PM
Although your sim quality setting can definitely have an impact on certain items (particularly if it's set really low) - that doesn't look like the case here.

The top was cloned from an item set to use multiple presets (looks like one of the base game tees) but the textures were only properly linked for the first preset. Because the textures weren't linked, the item is pulling EA's textures for that top, which don't match up properly to the custom mesh. Unfortunately, I've seen this a lot on various pieces of CC. If you want to keep using the item as is, stick to only CASTing the first preset. Otherwise, you'll have to edit the item with TSRW or S3PE to permanently remove the broken presets.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SabinaHarrietJ
I don't know what your setting are like sim-quality wise, but some creators note that their items look wrong in CAS but fine in game, have you tried taking one of the items into a live play with a sim?

i haven't gone into live play with any yet, thanks i'll try that or just delete them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ameenah.n.y
Although your sim quality setting can definitely have an impact on certain items (particularly if it's set really low) - that doesn't look like the case here.

The top was cloned from an item set to use multiple presets (looks like one of the base game tees) but the textures were only properly linked for the first preset. Because the textures weren't linked, the item is pulling EA's textures for that top, which don't match up properly to the custom mesh. Unfortunately, I've seen this a lot on various pieces of CC. If you want to keep using the item as is, stick to only CASTing the first preset. Otherwise, you'll have to edit the item with TSRW or S3PE to permanently remove the broken presets.

well that's unfortunate, thank you for the info