Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#26 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:19 PM
To anyone having the "missing Seasons" problem:

The new BaseGameStarter might help. You don't need to install anything, just download it and run the installer; at the first option screen, cancel the installation. During startup, the installer will check the installed EP's and rebuild correctly the Windows registry.

I can't ensure that this method will work in all the cases (or work at all ), but it won't harm anyway.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 6:36 AM
Numenor, thank you so much for your attempts to help, but I think I've flubbed something. I tried using the BaseGameStarter to fix things, but then when I started up the game I still had the Seasons problem and my game was now acting as if I'd never installed Nightlife. I did go ahead and install it all the way, because I wasn't quite sure where you meant I should cancel it. Anyway, I tried uninstalling it, but I'm still having the same problem. I have the Sims 2 Deluxe, so I'm having trouble getting Nightlife back. Oh dear! XP
The ModFather
retired moderator
#28 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 12:02 AM
I'd like to examine a Sims Deluxe game: you are not the one complaining about a "missing" Nightlife after installing BV or using the BGS. Perhaps it installs the game in an odd way, different than the users that installed Nightlife separately?

I'll see if any of my friends has the Deluxe...

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 12:26 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion it does something oddly, because the base game (as well as BV, Pets, and OFB) are still working. Ah well, thanks for your help anyways!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#30 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 12:53 AM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Sep 2007 at 2:47 AM.
Well, actually YOU can help me if you have a little experience with the Windows Registry (you just need to read some values, not to change anything, so don't worry to mess up your Windows installation).

Open the Registry by clicking the Start button and then write into the "Run..." field: regedit

The Registry will open up. Double click, in turn, on these keys (so to expand them):
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  • SOFTWARE
  • EA GAMES

It should look like this:

Now RIGHT-CLICK on the key "EA Games" and choose "Export"; assign any name to the file and save it on your desktop. Then zip it and post it here as an attachment.

Thanks for your help

Banned
#31 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 3:03 AM
i have read it, here are the regfiles
Attached files:
File Type: zip  regfiles.zip (1.7 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Page 2 of 2