Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 5:41 PM
Broken items remain broken.
Why is this happening? For instance, taps keep making the dripping sound, showers keep spraying water etc.

Can anyone help?

PS: Some custom content (mainly hacks) works but does not show up in the custom content dialogue, why is this?

EDIT: I have searched Game Help, but to no avail.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 5:51 PM
What concerns the dripping water sound after the tub was fixed, I've had it happening from time to time since I had the base game only. Not sure if the sound goes away after I reload the game, I never really paid attention, but selling and buying a new tub/sink tends to make the sound dissapear. I also remember I had "persistent" showers as well, showing as if those were still broken when in fact my Sims already fixed them. Buying a new shower fixes the problem. As for the reasons why it happens, I wrote it off to ocassional Maxis glitches
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 5:57 PM Last edited by VenomIreland : 12th Jan 2010 at 6:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
What concerns the dripping water sound after the tub was fixed, I've had it happening from time to time since I had the base game only. Not sure if the sound goes away after I reload the game, I never really paid attention, but selling and buying a new tub/sink tends to make the sound dissapear. I also remember I had "persistent" showers as well, showing as if those were still broken when in fact my Sims already fixed them. Buying a new shower fixes the problem. As for the reasons why it happens, I wrote it off to ocassional Maxis glitches

Yes, selling and re-buying fixes it, but I can't keep doing this as my custom family is poor and running out of money due to it

Does saving and reloading fix it?

EDIT: No it does not.

AAARGH, can anyone help me out here with a fix?
#4 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 7:25 PM
boolprop testingmodeenabled true followed by shift-clicking on the offending object and selecting Force Error will bring up a dialog box. Selecting Reset from that dialog MIGHT help. Don`t forget to disable testing mode when done.

Alternatively, have you tried to place the offending item in a Sim`s personal inventory? It shouldn`t help, but you never know until you try.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:39 PM
Thanks, I'll try those ASAP and report back.
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:38 PM
it's testingcheats, not testingmode, isn't it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:42 PM
Indeed it is :D
#8 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:44 PM
Oops! ::blush:: You`re right!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:53 PM
I'll try it tomorrow, thanks for the help, lets just hope it works :D
#10 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 9:00 PM
Good luck!

Scholar
#11 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 12:42 PM
I found it by pure accident while looking for something else:

http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...2_MiscHacks.htm

LESS DRIPPING mod

Stops broken sinks making that constant dripping noise - which they seemed to go on doing even after being fixed. May not fix a dripping noise which has already started but should prevent it starting.

Some may find it useful
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:57 PM Last edited by VenomIreland : 13th Jan 2010 at 7:05 PM.
The Force Error worked! Thank you all so very much, now I just need an answer to the PS part!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 3:10 PM
Sorry for the double post, but can anyone help me with another problem? Just so I don't have to clutter the forum with another topic:

Why does some CC work but not show up in the CC dialogue?
#14 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 7:01 PM
"The Force Error worked! Thank you all so very much"
You`re welcome! Very welcome!

Oddly enough, I had a similar issue recently, and, remembering this thread, tried placing the offending object in a Sim`s inventory. It didn`t help on the first try, when no game-time passed before I restored it to the world, but on the second try, when I allowed the game to run a bit between, it did help. I suppose that having had game-time pass caused the game to call some kind of init routine on the object that in turn fixed the dripping. I can`t think of anything else that could have been responsible. ::shrug:: That *is* what happens when Reset fixes things, and why Reset doesn`t help for all objects. [Some objects` init processing does NOT fix stuff that it should, while other objects` init processing fixes MORE than it should. It all depends upon the programmer who coded the object`s init sequence.]

As for the other issue, the only thing I can suggest is that you have deleted the CC, but it still appears in the game`s cache files. Ah, which CC dialog? The "We have discovered that you have Custom Content [en/dis]abled in your game" dialog? I believe that some CC doesn`t show up there because of where it gets installed in your system, especially if it gets installed where the game installs its OWN default overrides. Might that be the case here?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector

As for the other issue, the only thing I can suggest is that you have deleted the CC, but it still appears in the game`s cache files. Ah, which CC dialog? The "We have discovered that you have Custom Content [en/dis]abled in your game" dialog? I believe that some CC doesn`t show up there because of where it gets installed in your system, especially if it gets installed where the game installs its OWN default overrides. Might that be the case here?

Nah it's not deleted, it's also all in the downloads folder. The dialogue I am talking baout is the one accessed through the options menu.
Site Helper
#16 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 2:23 PM
I thought that was the same list that you see when the game loads unless you turn it off. It doesn't usually bother showing stuff you can make with Bodyshop or HomeCrafter, but it does show new meshes and things that alter game code. But that should include hacks.
Maybe you aren't scrolling down far enough to see them?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I thought that was the same list that you see when the game loads unless you turn it off. It doesn't usually bother showing stuff you can make with Bodyshop or HomeCrafter, but it does show new meshes and things that alter game code. But that should include hacks.
Maybe you aren't scrolling down far enough to see them?

Can't scroll down any further