Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 4:52 AM Last edited by aquariTerrible : 13th Sep 2016 at 5:40 AM.
Kid Friendly Game Mods
It finally happened. My younger siblings have told me they want to play. Only my 10 year old sibling will be playing, and is the same age I was when I first found the sims. Obviously they will be playing with adult supervision as much as possible, but I like to be that paranoid older sibling and make sure of everything twice, even when the final say is with our parents.

k, now that I know there arent any "no woohoo" mods (and I am going to tell my parents in the morning to see if they rethink their choice), I'm looking for some mods that make the needs/moods decrease slower so its not too overwhelming and frustrating for my sister to play.

I really only know MTS as a trustworthy site ! edit: also simlogical, i've used and trust that site too /edit ! (i wasn't an adventurous kiddo back in my sims 1 days, and then just stuck to what i knew my computer didn't hate.) so ideally stuff here only (just in case someone is still going to suggest off-site, i really need a good convincing for that stuff)

Any help is mad appreciated, and if you can help me find anything to help thats awesome.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 4:56 AM
There is no mod to disable woohoo, how old are these children? I didn't allow my daughter to play until she was 12.

Unmodded sims can't be naked, they have a blur patch. Under the blur they are just barbie dolls anyway and they probably have naked Barbie/action dolls at home already.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is no mod to disable woohoo, how old are these children? I didn't allow my daughter to play until she was 12.

Unmodded sims can't be naked, they have a blur patch. Under the blur they are just barbie dolls anyway and they probably have naked Barbie/action dolls at home already.

My sister is 10, which is about how old I was when I started playing give or take like 2 months, so our parents are ok with it. She is the one who wants to play, and we had a lengthy discussion about it all. The other is 5 and would not be playing. He might watch as our middle sister plays, but she is very good at know what is and is not okay. And again, they'll be in a room with a grownup.

I do know they are blurred and have no anatomy there, i was just wondering. Little overprotective on my part probably.

Kudos to you with getting your kid to wait til they were 12. My parents are okay with her at 10, its not my choice or my computer that they're doing it on. I'm not the parent, I have told them my concerns with it, and now I am just doing what I know how to do to try and make it more fun for her. She'll probably just build stuff like I do, or get bored of it pretty quick, but on the off chance, again, I'm doin what I can without stepping on toes.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 6:03 AM
My daughter started playing when she was...6? 7? At first she played it at her friend's house, but then she asked for her own copy, and I let her have it. (She's the one who got ME into the game. ) But then, she's always been mature for her age and our household was always open and honest about talking about real sex. Plus, my kids grew up on our ranch, where we breed llamas and alpacas, so they were always very well aware of how babies were made and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it works the same way between people as it does between llamas. So, cartoony sex was not really an issue in our household. Not that I disagree with keeping kids innocent, but I guess my point is that the game's woohooing is pretty tame; they'll see far more suggestive things between real, actual people on TV these days, and between animals on nature documentaries. IMO, the game's making-out-on-the-couch animation is far more risque than the woohoo animation. But yeah, so far as I know you can't disable woohoo or any of the romantic interactions. There might be mods that make it harder to get to the point where Sims will woohoo, though. Heck, ACR might be able to do that if, you set it up right; I don't recall if there's a global relationship-level threshold, which is what you'd need. I do know you can make it so that individual Sims will only autonomously interact romantically with their spouse, but that's an individual setting, not a global one, so unless you're going to REALLY oversee her playing, that's probably not practical.

On another note If the violence bugs you (personally, I'm far more squeamish about exposing kids to violence than to sex), there's Almighty Hat's religion mod that you can use to set up a "religion" where the arguing, poking, shoving, slapping, and fighting interactions as well as other objectionable things can be banned for followers of that religion. The options don't even show up on the pie menus and aren't done autonomously. Unfortunately, you can't ban the romantic interactions with it. (I kinda wish you could, actually; I'd like that for my convent residents, when I play convents.) But, you can use it to make a "nicer" game, in some respects. That has to be set up for each neighborhood, but perhaps you could do that for your sister when she starts her own neighborhood, assuming that she'll only ever play one.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
My daughter started playing when she was...6? 7? At first she played it at her friend's house, but then she asked for her own copy, and I let her have it. (She's the one who got ME into the game. ) But then, she's always been mature for her age and our household was always open and honest about talking about real sex. Plus, my kids grew up on our ranch, where we breed llamas and alpacas, so they were always very well aware of how babies were made and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it works the same way between people as it does between llamas. So, cartoony sex was not really an issue in our household. Not that I disagree with keeping kids innocent, but I guess my point is that the game's woohooing is pretty tame; they'll see far more suggestive things between real, actual people on TV these days, and between animals on nature documentaries. IMO, the game's making-out-on-the-couch animation is far more risque than the woohoo animation. But yeah, so far as I know you can't disable woohoo or any of the romantic interactions. There might be mods that make it harder to get to the point where Sims will woohoo, though. Heck, ACR might be able to do that if, you set it up right; I don't recall if there's a global relationship-level threshold, which is what you'd need. I do know you can make it so that individual Sims will only autonomously interact romantically with their spouse, but that's an individual setting, not a global one, so unless you're going to REALLY oversee her playing, that's probably not practical.

On another note If the violence bugs you (personally, I'm far more squeamish about exposing kids to violence than to sex), there's Almighty Hat's religion mod that you can use to set up a "religion" where the arguing, poking, shoving, slapping, and fighting interactions as well as other objectionable things can be banned for followers of that religion. The options don't even show up on the pie menus and aren't done autonomously. Unfortunately, you can't ban the romantic interactions with it. (I kinda wish you could, actually; I'd like that for my convent residents, when I play convents.) But, you can use it to make a "nicer" game, in some respects. That has to be set up for each neighborhood, but perhaps you could do that for your sister when she starts her own neighborhood, assuming that she'll only ever play one.

Thank you, that mod sounds really interesting o: She really enjoys religion class and such so she might find it fun to have that too.

Im with ya on the violence as well for kids. She watches cop shows though, like what the heck kid? Her friends at school all talk about whats goin on on rookie blue lmao. Either way, she will either get a kick out of having sims be the same religion as her, or it'll make the game more fun if she doesn't want sims fighting. I'll read up on it and see how to do it all, see if it might be a good fit, thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 6:41 AM
I have to agree with iCad on the couch makeout, way more suggestive then any woohoo in game. What I would do is disable the camera so the first woohoo scene doesn't show up as that might be a bit uncomfortable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have to agree with iCad on the couch makeout, way more suggestive then any woohoo in game. What I would do is disable the camera so the first woohoo scene doesn't show up as that might be a bit uncomfortable.

Ah, thats a good point, thank you! I'll look in to how to disable the camera- i never would have thought of that! I will most definitely look in to how to do that, sounds like an easier thing to find put how to do.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 7:06 AM
It's a button you click in the game settings, I think in the menu that comes up when you click the icon that looks like two cogs. And yeah, the cinematics have that sleazy music and are definitely more suggestive -- for the bed and the hot tub woohoo -- than the in-game animations. You'll lose the first kiss one, which is kind of cute, but...Well, it's a small loss, I think. You'll also lose the move-into-college one with the streaker...but you won't lose the streakers themselves, come to think of it. They're blurred, though, so it's not like you see anything. You could possibly ban then with the Visitor Controller; I don't remember... You can ban cheerleaders and mascots with it, so I'm guessing you could ban streakers, too...

EDIT: My game just loaded, and I'm wrong about the cameras. It's in the Camera menu when you click on the button you use to save the game. It's the "Special Events" camera. Disable that and you won't get all the cut-away videos.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:39 PM
As far as getting kids is concerned, I'd be happy for any child to know about the pregnancy and birth bits - after all that's life and children need to learn about how it works (and what the consequences are). As for woohoo, I can understand some parents being uncomfortable with that but it's pretty bland really and presented positively as something that makes the sims happy - adult sexual relationships ideally should be positive. Disabling the camera makes sense there, I guess.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 10:03 PM
If you're wanting to "disable" woohoo, just get rid of woohoo options. In an unmodded game those are beds, hot tubs, closets, cars, and elevators (possibly a few others I can't remember) download Almightyhats catalogue hiders: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/42769.html and pick which items you want to hide, then the option to purchase those items wont even be there. Same with the makeout options, disable couches if it bothers you. Bars might be a good idea (binge drinking is a big problem in the US and in the sims there are no consequences for excessive drinking) You can do the same for any clothing that came with the game deemed 'inappropriate' (my little brother in law wanted to play sims when he was around 11 but his parents were very strict, religious, and modest. I wish those hides were around back then)

Of course, it may be better as others said for her to be exposed to woohoo. Age 10 is when some girls start going through the first steps of puberty and it can be an easy way to branch into conversations of that nature if there hasn't been open and honest conversations about sex. And you don't see intercourse, just sheets moving and fireworks.

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 12:47 AM
Compared to how I and every girl I knew played Barbies at 10, Sims are positively chaste, and way less violent. I can see not wanting a 5-year old to play it, and it would probably be too complex for them anyway, but by 10?

Kids need more positive portrayals of sexuality in media such as are in Sims. If you block those out, all they'll see is the negative, and they WILL be exposed to that. It's not something you can have total control over. And they'll end up with some really messed up ideas about sex.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 8:03 AM
Give the kid some credit! OP played when she was ten and she could handle it; why shouldn't the niece?

One of the cardinal mistakes adults make is to assume that kids today are more fragile than they were themselves.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 8:26 AM Last edited by simsample : 21st Sep 2016 at 2:53 PM.
I remember a mod called 'Childs Play' which is in the booty:
http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...lds_play_v1.zip

It seems to be updated to Seasons; you'd have to test it to see if it works on later EPs. This is what the readme says:

@aquariTerrible
ETA: Seems to work in a game with all EPs and Sps- no sign of any woohoo actions and the flamingo allows pregnancy.
Scholar
#14 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 12:44 PM
I think /I/ would want that flamingo, lol.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I think /I/ would want that flamingo, lol.

It seems to work; I just tested it in a game with all EPs and Sps, and no sign of any risque interactions. But taking the flamingo 'virus' results in instant pregnancy. So playing with that bit of the mod removed would disallow pregnancy too, and only allow adoption.